Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
How to report a pirated Film?
Topic Started: 19 Jun 2014, 19:54 (2219 Views)
CityCreek

[color=blue]You're all Big Baby Boos. <3
[/color]

I've found an illegally uploaded version of HTTYD2 online, I wanted to see if there were any online versions just to see if there was. (NOT because I wanted to watch it.) I won't provide the link to avoid people watching it.

Does anyone know how I report it? Or if I even can?
(( *NEW* Skype - Whitecitycreek))
(Toothless gettin real tired of your sh*t Hiccup)
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

AndyMay

[b]
[color=#d51c1c]The Lemon God
[/color]
[/b]

Well it would depend on the site used to upload the film. But honestly it's pretty futile doing it anyways, the film is on the web and it's impossible for to stop it from spreading now :-/
Top Poester for 6 Months Award :D

CityCreek

[/color]

AndyMay
19 Jun 2014, 23:56
Well it would depend on the site used to upload the film. But honestly it's pretty futile doing it anyways, the film is on the web and it's impossible for to stop it from spreading now :-/
It's bad quality anyway, recorded secretly in the theater. :/

Shame we can't take it down.

Gh3ttoKinG.

[color=red]
[b]Mr. Insane Insanity
[/b]
[/color]

As much as I would like to still can watch it, I don't search for this movie... Just because I want to only see the it on theaters or on Blu-Ray when it's released.
But like AdnyMay said: It depends on the upload hoster. If it's a One-Click Hoster like uploaded.to it's easy to report it. But if it's a torrent it's hard to report/get removed the peer-to-peer network.
And also like AndyMay said: Once it's online it's almost impossible to completely get removed it :-/

NightoftheFury
Shhh...Toothless is watching

AndyMay

Yeah, unfortunately these illegal streams are like weeds. You can kill it today, but tomorrow even more will turn up. But as AndyMay said, what site is it? If its one that's respects DCMA or the equivalent laws in whatever country its in, then you could email them. If not your outta luck. Welcome to the black market of the internet ^o) .

CityCreek

[/color]

Gh3ttoKinG.
20 Jun 2014, 00:02
As much as I would like to still can watch it, I don't search for this movie... Just because I want to only see the it on theaters or on Blu-Ray when it's released.
But like AdnyMay said: It depends on the upload hoster. If it's a One-Click Hoster like uploaded.to it's easy to report it. But if it's a torrent it's hard to report/get removed the peer-to-peer network.
And also like AndyMay said: Once it's online it's almost impossible to completely get removed it :-/
It's a livestream. :i Something like putlocker.

ToothlessNightFury
Toothless

If you google "report pirated movie"'a few options come up. You'd just have to click through
To see the options. Though I think there's actually a way to report it to he FBI or Poliece.
Believe a Dragon Can Thaw A Frozen Heart Role Play Based of HTTYD and Frozen

Around here we don't look back. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.-Walt Disney

CityCreek

[/color]

ToothlessNightFury
20 Jun 2014, 04:00
If you google "report pirated movie"'a few options come up. You'd just have to click through
To see the options. Though I think there's actually a way to report it to he FBI or Poliece.
I'm not sure if I'm able to do that, I'm outside the US.

Lastandir
Gronckle

AndyMay
19 Jun 2014, 23:56
Yes, it is too late now, the movie is available on torrent sites, so there is no way to stop that.
But, anyway, IcelandicEel did great things and stopped all these pirated clips on instagram and tumblr one week ago. It was small success.

Nightshade
Monstrous Nightmare

Looked around, there is one on tpb, and in the comments they say that it is bad quality, but that it is the real movie, now... since it's on tpb, you can't do anything about it.