Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Those who knew about or foresaw Stoick's big scene
Topic Started: 14 Jun 2014, 21:29 (4006 Views)
Dragon Girl
Gronckle

I knew Stoick was going to die about two days before the movie came out. I heard there was going to be a death and I thought it would be Toothless, so in order for me to mentally prepare myself I looked it up (horrible idea I know, I have absolutely no self restraint when it come to spoilers). So when it said Stoick died saving Hiccup from Toothless I mentally prepared myself. However this was short lived although I didn't cry at first after his death both Hiccup screaming at Toothless and his speech during the funeral scene got me shedding a few tears. However these were only little tears until they showed the now burning boat with Stoick's body covered with a white blanket and his helmet on the floor of the boat did I start absolutely bawling my eyes out.

The whole time I was think of 'Of Dancing and Dreaming' which he had song and danced around with his wife only a couple minutes before. I now can't even think of that song without crying and I think I am going to have a hard time counseling myself to watch the rest of the dragons tv series without crying (however I will be). So yeah I don't think you could even prepare yourself for the heartbreak that took place.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Whitefang
twelve days north of hopeless

As hard as I tried to stay away from spoilers, some idiot on YouTube spoiled it for me the day before I saw it. S/he commented on a video "Stoick dies in HTTYD2".

Nothing prepared me for what actually happened. I had never imagined that it would be Toothless killing Stoick and that just made me sit all the way forward in my seat and I was just thinking "NO!"
Find me on tumblr!
I can't bring myself to delete the gifs sorry

8)

Rocky Rose
Deadly Nadder

I just realized, that as much as I "knew" to some extent and saw it coming based off of Stoick's actions in HTTYD1 and the series...and just having a feeling something was about to happen...

I'm actually in denial of it....knowing me- I'm probably echoing a post sequel grieving Hiccup... o.O

The finality of it just hasn't sunk in yet... *needs to rewatch the film again*
"I saw him, and I saw myself."- Hiccup
"With Vikings on the backs of dragons, the world just got a whole lot bigger."

Addicted to DRAGONS :D

My Devianart
My Tumblr (I'm on there ALOT) Nightfury326

Night fury fire

[b]
[color=blue]We're fangirls! It's an occupational hazard...
[/color]
[/b]

I knew it was coming and I thought I had prepared myself. But when hiccup was just sobbing on his corpse and he yelled at toothless..I just totally lost it. I ended up crying for like the whole second half of the film (kinda). It was seriously very harsh to kill stoick. He could have just made hiccup the chief. And after the family had just been reunited.

RIP STOICK :'( :'( :'(
^_^ ;) :D :$ :P 8) :'( :( ^) :O :blink: >:( <3 <- me seeing httyd 2

CityCreek

[color=blue]You're all Big Baby Boos. <3
[/color]

I'll be honest, I'm actually surprised they made the death so quick. You know kids films, or really, a lot of films with characters dying that have a big dramatic sad speech before dying. But Stoick had none of that, he died instantly.

For a second I thought they were going to pull a Disney and magically bring him back to life or something, but frankly, I'm glad for both, not being a terrible person of course, but this made the movie so much more emotional for both long and short term fans. The death was extremely quick and I cried at the funeral, when Hiccup started crying. I honestly expected Hiccup to cry more. A lot more actually. ;-;
(( *NEW* Skype - Whitecitycreek))
(Toothless gettin real tired of your sh*t Hiccup)

Rocky Rose
Deadly Nadder

CityCreek
15 Jun 2014, 21:07
I'll be honest, I'm actually surprised they made the death so quick. You know kids films, or really, a lot of films with characters dying that have a big dramatic sad speech before dying. But Stoick had none of that, he died instantly.

For a second I thought they were going to pull a Disney and magically bring him back to life or something, but frankly, I'm glad for both, not being a terrible person of course, but this made the movie so much more emotional for both long and short term fans. The death was extremely quick and I cried at the funeral, when Hiccup started crying. I honestly expected Hiccup to cry more. A lot more actually. ;-;
I'm sort of thankful Stoick didn't go through any prolonged suffering either...it was pretty instantaneous and no time for any pain to really hit him..

"I saw him, and I saw myself."- Hiccup
"With Vikings on the backs of dragons, the world just got a whole lot bigger."

Addicted to DRAGONS :D

My Devianart
My Tumblr (I'm on there ALOT) Nightfury326

HideousZippleback

[color=blue]I'm just here for Snotlout.
[/color]

CityCreek
15 Jun 2014, 21:07

That's what I like about DW. They are usually far more practical.

Quincy Dan
Member Avatar
The real Hiccup

I knew it was happening but didn't know when until i heard the soundtrack. I thought it was going to be later in the film. I didn't read the names of the soundtracks until after I heard them all.

ViridianVenus
Dragon Egg

Although i had assumed Stoick would die, i didn't think it would happen till movie 3 so when it happened here i was completely stunned. And to have it be Toothless was the last thing i would have ever predicted.

TheBlackFluffyThing
Terrible Terror

I was shocked to see that Toothless killed Stoick. I always thought Drago would be the one to murder him. But it was interesting to see how this affected the friendship between Hiccup and Toothless.

Another moment I didn't predict was Toothless trying to touch Stoick's hand but being chased away by Hiccup.

The part with the burning arrows really made me cry. I've seen a screenshot of it before but I couldn't figure out where it might belong. I always expected it to be a battle scene. I felt so ashamed when I realized that these arrows were shot to ignite Stoick's ship.
How could I even think of an awesome battle, even though I knew Stoick would be burned with the ship. :(

Night Fury: The unholy offspring of lightning and death itself.