Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
New characters- #1: Eret
Topic Started: 14 Jun 2014, 16:12 (4579 Views)
MissunyNightFury
Escaped from an asylem

What did you think of Eret, son of Eret?

How do you think he'll adjust to this new life as a dragon rider? If the fourth season of the show follows the second movie, would you want to see him in it? Do you think he'll be in the third film?

If you didn't like Eret, you are welcome to tell us why.
"There's something you must remember when riding a dragon. There's no manual, no safety harness, no guarantees when you're on one of these beasts. All you have is the wind in your hair, and the clothes on your back. The only thing between you and that dragon is your saddle. You need to hold onto it for dear life, as that creature takes you the skies. That, is dragon riding."
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

KentuckyWildcat
Raw Vikingness

I thought Eret was a worthy addition to the franchise. He had a roguish, unpredictable quality about him that I liked. It was never made completely clear whether he was truly a hero at heart, or if he mostly switched sides out of necessity since Drago was about to kill him. That combined with his unclear origins and history leaves quite a few possibilities open for later. I hope we do see him again.
Come death. Come suffering. I will not live in fear. In this fleeting life where time escapes us, the path of least resistance is a slow quiet death. I'd rather burn out than fade away.

MissunyNightFury
Escaped from an asylem

KentuckyWildcat
14 Jun 2014, 20:51
I thought Eret was a worthy addition to the franchise. He had a roguish, unpredictable quality about him that I liked. It was never made completely clear whether he was truly a hero at heart, or if he mostly switched sides out of necessity since Drago was about to kill him. That combined with his unclear origins and history leaves quite a few possibilities open for later. I hope we do see him again.
Me too, I really liked him. I hope that if he ends up in the show they'll explore his past a little more. Like how he met Drago, or who his father was.(Since his title includes "Son of Eret," I wonder what role his pop played in his life.)

What do you think his past was like?
"There's something you must remember when riding a dragon. There's no manual, no safety harness, no guarantees when you're on one of these beasts. All you have is the wind in your hair, and the clothes on your back. The only thing between you and that dragon is your saddle. You need to hold onto it for dear life, as that creature takes you the skies. That, is dragon riding."

mycove
Terrible Terror

To me, he seems a true-hearted guy, who played a part with Drago, for his own survival. But in another environment, like on Berk, with friends, I'm sure he's an honest, simple and trustworthy person.
He may not be very smart, at least not as much as Hiccup, but probably a good addition to the team, in terms of action as well as friendship.

MissunyNightFury
Escaped from an asylem

mycove
14 Jun 2014, 21:44
To me, he seems a true-hearted guy, who played a part with Drago, for his own survival. But in another environment, like on Berk, with friends, I'm sure he's an honest, simple and trustworthy person.
He may not be very smart, at least not as much as Hiccup, but probably a good addition to the team, in terms of action as well as friendship.
I agree. I'd like to see him try to be a part of the team.

Eclipse-Wolven
Ninja Dragon

I actually liked Eret a lot more than I thought I would. He seemed threatening enough at first and then sympathetic later on and I liked how he sort of had a passing friendship with Stormfly. I'd like to see them do more with him as well in the 3rd movie or somewhere else.
-Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup-

HideousZippleback

[color=blue]I'm just here for Snotlout.
[/color]

I liked him the instant he came on screen (and mind you, I disliked him for some personal reason for quite awhile and this was a shock to me) and I loved almost every time he was given lines or moments to shine.

MissunyNightFury
Escaped from an asylem

Eclipse-Wolven
14 Jun 2014, 23:02
I actually liked Eret a lot more than I thought I would. He seemed threatening enough at first and then sympathetic later on and I liked how he sort of had a passing friendship with Stormfly. I'd like to see them do more with him as well in the 3rd movie or somewhere else.
I agree, I hope they'll do more with him.

MissunyNightFury
Escaped from an asylem

HideousZippleback
14 Jun 2014, 23:03
I liked him the instant he came on screen (and mind you, I disliked him for some personal reason for quite awhile and this was a shock to me) and I loved almost every time he was given lines or moments to shine.
He's great! It's hard not to like him. :P How come you didn't like him at first?

WasBornCrazy
i dont think my avatar is working but ehh

I guess I'm the only one who doesn't really like him then?
i'm not very active anymore!! it's sad, but i'll come back sometimes to feel nostalgic ahaha