Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Future of How to Train Your Dragon [SPOILERS]
Topic Started: 24 Jun 2014, 04:42 (3865 Views)
Zer0x

[b]Banhammerdragon
[/b]

Hope_and_Heir
24 Jun 2014, 04:38

For the people who think Toothless will die, I don't know for certain, but in the books it has dropped several hints that the dragons are just going back into the sea from where they came, drifting into a deep coma. You guys haven't said this, but I've seen people across the web stating that if the dragons go away they'll 'leave the fandom'. Honestly it is one of the stupidest things I've ever heard. They're going to hate httyd because it had a bittersweet ending.. I mean really?....
I really hope that something like that will happen, otherwise it would destroy any chance of a further expanding of the universe. There have to be enough space for new stories and the imaginations of the fans to keep it up.
UNAMUSED

No, I'm serious....stop it..
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Pakba
Member Avatar
Terrible Terror

Zer0x
24 Jun 2014, 08:42
I really hope that something like that will happen, otherwise it would destroy any chance of a further expanding of the universe. There have to be enough space for new stories and the imaginations of the fans to keep it up.
Since when do fans strictly obey the Laws of Canon ()? Also, when has sequel limits stopped DreamWorks from making Shrek 5? I believe ending the trilogy with a bittersweet ending would make it a masterpiece, like Hamlet.

MartianArchaeologist
Member Avatar
Gronckle

As a writer, you ask yourself "What's the worst that could happen to this character?" Then you amp it up by about 10 and riff from there.

The worst that could happen is that Drago goes off, gets his own Night Fury (Female), trains her to be an alpha and hate Berk, and comes back and makes war while at the same time holding the LAST NIGHT FURIES IN THE WORLD for ransom. Beat me and the race dies out. Now what are you going to do?

Muahahahaaa.

chupacabra
Member Avatar
Hatchling

MartianArchaeologist
24 Jun 2014, 19:44
Night Fury (Female)
its toothless' mom :D

Oneill5491
Terrible Terror

I'm curious to know what they'll do about Toothless' tail if he supposed to leave Hiccup forever. I don't think there's any maintenance-free prostheses that he can affix to him that wouldn't be in danger of getting damaged/worn overtime.

Denumerable
Dragon Egg

Oneill5491
25 Jun 2014, 03:19
I'm curious to know what they'll do about Toothless' tail if he supposed to leave Hiccup forever. I don't think there's any maintenance-free prostheses that he can affix to him that wouldn't be in danger of getting damaged/worn overtime.
HTTYD 3 SPOILER:
Spoiler: click to toggle
Given the bit about the dragon jewel thing from the books (and its supposed behavior), the end will almost certainly involves something magical/supernatural with effects ranging from dragon extinction to that coma thing that Hope_and_Heir mentioned.

From this, we can infer the plot of the fourth movie:

In 2487, a microwave arctic ice drill discovers the frozen and preserved bodies of both hiccup and toothless. After being thawed, the movie transitions into a romantic sitcom about them getting used to modern life.

Upon receiving the block of ice containing our heroes, the cryogenics tech will exclaim: "Excuse me, lab tech, but I think you brought me the wrong ice block! I ordered a preserved gene sample, with beefy soft tissue samples and extra guts on the inside, but this, this here is a frozen fishstick!"

Oneill5491
Terrible Terror

Denumerable
25 Jun 2014, 04:13
...we can infer the plot of the fourth movie:

In 2487, a microwave arctic ice drill discovers the frozen and preserved bodies of both hiccup and toothless. After being thawed, the movie transitions into a romantic sitcom about them getting used to modern life.

Upon receiving the block of ice containing our heroes, the cryogenics tech will exclaim: "Excuse me, lab tech, but I think you brought me the wrong ice block! I ordered a preserved gene sample, with beefy soft tissue samples and extra guts on the inside, but this, this here is a frozen fishstick!"
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Alright, my mind's changed. I'm sold on the fourth movie. :P

ToothlessNightFury
Toothless

andrew4753
15 Jun 2014, 04:21
I'm making this topic because I'm interested of what people have to say on the future of this film franchise and I also wanted to know the answer to these following open ended and close questions.

1.Does anyone know if Valka/ Cate Blanchett is returning for How to Train your Dragon 3? It said all the main cast but her name wasn't listed at the time. Does this still mean she'll return or not? (Wanted to know if confirmed or not.) ^o)

2. Do you think HTTYD 3 will feature Hiccup and Astrid marriage? (I'm a Hiccstrid shipper.) :wub:

3. Will HTTYD 3 top both of the previous movies? ^_^

More questions to come ^o)
1. No one is actually officially confirmed for HTTYD 3 except Jay since he plays Hiccup. IMDB says no one else but him. Just because Wikipedia says it doesn't mean it's true. I mean they said Gobber would be getting a dragon in DoB and he never did so yeah. I expect the main cast to be back and all that except a certain someone. I do though expect to see Valka back since she now lives with Hiccup.

2. Maybe. I could see it ending with them getting married maybe.

3. it's possible.
Believe a Dragon Can Thaw A Frozen Heart Role Play Based of HTTYD and Frozen

Around here we don't look back. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.-Walt Disney

Hope_and_Heir

[color=#B40431]Winner of Shnuckle's Oneshot Fanfiction Contest 2014
[/color]

Denumerable
Oneill5491
HTTYD 3 SPOILER:
Given the bit about the dragon jewel thing from the books (and its supposed behavior), the end will almost certainly involves something magical/supernatural with effects ranging from dragon extinction to that coma thing that Hope_and_Heir mentioned.

This is just possibly the best comment I've read on this entire forum.

I feel a fanfiction forming....
'There Were Dragons When I Was A Boy…'

Astrid
Gronckle

Denumerable
Oneill5491
HTTYD 3 SPOILER:

Genius lol, but I'm afraid it will be too much of a Captain America rip-off damn it marvel took the idea first

As for the ending I'm counting to be the one with the dragons disappearance i'm a sucker for tragedy.
If they go this way I would love if the one to "blame" for it was Toothless, using his Alpha status kind of going "I love you hiccup but this isn't going to work" thing and he making the decision to "erradicate" his own species. *plot bunnies*