Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Reviewers who dont know the first thing about movies
Topic Started: 16 Jun 2014, 23:05 (1901 Views)
Fawnduu
Gronckle

Dragon Girl
17 Jun 2014, 00:50
if you want to blame someone about ice, seriously ice, you should be talking to disney for example Rise of the Guardians came out a year earlier than Frozen and their main character, Jack Frost, had ice powers. But seriously it is times I look at these kinds of reviews that the ultimate statement must be said," the search for intelligent life on Earth continues." Plus Elsa in Frozen lacked character development.
i mean the same thing can be said for frozen in regards to ROTG, Frozen was in development years before ROTG was released so it too had no effect on Frozen. Also i dont think elsa lacked character development??? Lets try not to throw empty punches at other movies.
Im Courtney, a Concept Artist/ Computer Animator! 8)

My Art Page
My Animations
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Dragon Girl
Gronckle

Sorry

MissunyNightFury
Escaped from an asylem

And...Yep...I'm a Nerd
16 Jun 2014, 01:21
Guys the thing with movies (the wonderful thing) is that there's something for everyone. It's like a buffet. I mean my favorite films of all time are the first two Godfather films. These are widely believed to be two of the greatest masterpieces ever put into film (I mean, the first Godfather has a 100 score on Metacritic...100) but I'd be shocked if even 5% of you agreed with my preference. And that's perfectly OK.

So before you guys go tearing into Frozen just remember, people are capable of liking different things. Just my $0.02...
Agreed.
"There's something you must remember when riding a dragon. There's no manual, no safety harness, no guarantees when you're on one of these beasts. All you have is the wind in your hair, and the clothes on your back. The only thing between you and that dragon is your saddle. You need to hold onto it for dear life, as that creature takes you the skies. That, is dragon riding."

Quincy Dan
Member Avatar
The real Hiccup

If you're going to write a review, at least know the structure of how film works, and, especially in animation, how long they've been working on it. This film has been in the works since before Frozen was even heard of.

Fawnduu
Gronckle

Dragon Girl
17 Jun 2014, 07:03
Sorry
its alright no worries! we all get heated about how to train your dragon :)

i just try not to tear other popular movies down in the process
Im Courtney, a Concept Artist/ Computer Animator! 8)

My Art Page
My Animations

Lastandir
Gronckle

And...Yep...I'm a Nerd
16 Jun 2014, 01:21
Guys the thing with movies (the wonderful thing) is that there's something for everyone. It's like a buffet. I mean my favorite films of all time are the first two Godfather films. These are widely believed to be two of the greatest masterpieces ever put into film (I mean, the first Godfather has a 100 score on Metacritic...100) but I'd be shocked if even 5% of you agreed with my preference. And that's perfectly OK.

So before you guys go tearing into Frozen just remember, people are capable of liking different things. Just my $0.02...
Yes, you're right... But still reviews should be objective. I know that HTTYD2 will get some negative reviews (there are no perfect movies), but reviewers need to lost their subjective opinions (like saying that movie was bad just because, for example, Gobber is gay or animated movies cannot be dark) and need to know something about technical issues - how to create a good story, how to create a good scenes, how long are developed "typical" movies.

Asvald Veleif
Dragon Animator

Not everyone shares the same views as us, let them be B-)

Toothless Gif made by me.

Support my How to Train Your Dragon animations by subscribing to my youtube channel through the link below!

Click here for my dragon animations!

Cartoon Freak
Deadly Nadder

In all fairness, I don't think one needs to know much about the production of movies in order to know what makes for a good movie, though it certainly doesn't hurt. That said, being wrong is still bad, so the writer of that review did still legitimately mess up.
Number of times I've watched the trailer: 18.

My pet peeve: people who refer to complete strangers by their first name. The correct ways to refer to a "John Smith" whom you have never met are Smith, Mr Smith, or John Smith. Not "John". He's not your buddy.