Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Speculations Part 2
Topic Started: 01 Jul 2014, 11:06 (1669 Views)
DragonDreamer
Dragon Scribe

Alright, so it's clear of that Stoick's death states that it was a necessary evil, but while I accept that I have one final debate topic on this subject.

Do you think that it would've been just as if not more dramatic if the killed him at the third movie?

Who thinks that it's possible to rearrange the plot a bit to support my suggestion?

I understand the importance of his death well enough after the arguments presented, but I don't exactly like the idea of Stoick leaving his wife so soon.

Do you think my hypothesis is rational or sentimental ?
What dragon dreams are made of.

PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Polychrome
Hatchling

I honestly thought they'd save it for the 3rd, but mainly because I thought they were going to save Hiccup becoming chief for the 3rd. So it must mean they have something big planned for the next movie.

VeloYourSwaggyDragon
I am... swaggy

DragonDreamer
01 Jul 2014, 15:06
Do you think that it would've been just as if not more dramatic if the killed him at the third movie?
Stoick's death was pretty dramatic by itself. It happening in the 2nd or 3rd movie would've changed the impact just a little. I think his death is part of a series of events that needed to happen for Hiccup to become chief, but even more importantly, his death early on allows for other, even bigger events to happen that can build upon his absence, (maybe) like Hiccup learning to improve himself as a new chief trying to live up to his father's standards. (I could see that as a plot in the third film since Hiccup doesn't have his father around to show him how it's done, and he has the threat of Drago to take care of as well but I'm getting off topic so I'll stop there)
Quote:

Who thinks that it's possible to rearrange the plot a bit to support my suggestion?
The plot isn't or at least shouldn't be about Stoick returning; it's about Hiccup and dragons and Stoick coming back could sidetrack the plot. His death was important in the sequel, and a comeback would make everything that happened afterwards meaningless and unimpactful, as a lot of us have stated before already.
Quote:

I understand the importance of his death well enough after the arguments presented, but I don't exactly like the idea of Stoick leaving his wife so soon.
Sorry, but movies don't involve everything happening the way everybody including the characters want. And these things happen in real life, too.
Quote:

Do you think my hypothesis is rational or sentimental?
You have your points, but the idea of it happening at all is unrealistic. There is possibility that the story will go that route, but it's highly to completely unlikely to happen.