Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Thoughts on ending?
Topic Started: 26 Jun 2014, 15:31 (2593 Views)
Hope_and_Heir

[color=#B40431]Winner of Shnuckle's Oneshot Fanfiction Contest 2014
[/color]

Personally, I love that the movies will end the same as the books. How they will pull that ending off I have no idea, but I do know Dreamworks is capable of it. I understand that people are saddened by the rumored ending but to be truthful, I like it.

I think the reasons people are freaking out are among the lines of this...

1. All The dragons will die- Frankly I don't see that happening, in the books they go into a hibernation coma that lasts several centuries, and that's why we don't have dragons in the modern world. It's believed that one day, the dragons might wake up from their slumber. (Would it not be cool to have a split second of darkness at the end and a dragon eye snaps open to indicate that they're awoken.... Ok sorry I'm done...)

2. Hiccup and Toothless separated - it's a sad thought but a really epic plot guys....

3. It's gonna ruin the whole franchise- it only ruins it if you chose to let it ruin you....

4. The books and movies shouldn't be combined- ..... Really? I think it's nice that ONE thing gets incorporated into the movies. I really do.

Anyway what's your opinion on the subject?
'There Were Dragons When I Was A Boy…'

PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

athena2235
Member Avatar
Gronckle

I think the dragons need to be gone by the end. The movie has tried to keep it realistic (as you can with dragons) so I think there needs to be a reason they no longer are around.

I posted how I personsally would like it to turn out in the HTTYD3 thead, to me that is the best ending I can think of.

Night fury fire

[b]
[color=blue]We're fangirls! It's an occupational hazard...
[/color]
[/b]

It was very unexpected! Toothless who had been acting cute and funny for (almost) all of the movie turned in to epic alpha dragon. Before I saw the movie I was afraid they may have taken the dragon out of toothless and turned him basically into a big pussy cat. But I was wrong. However like a lot of the movie, it felt slightly rushed and was lacking one of those special moments from the first film
^_^ ;) :D :$ :P 8) :'( :( ^) :O :blink: >:( <3 <- me seeing httyd 2

WasBornCrazy
i dont think my avatar is working but ehh

True. I actually disliked HTTYD 2's ending though. (<-Don't ask about it unless you have time).

I'm looking forward to a bitter ending actually. Maybe it'll make me cry. Maybe.

If the dragons disappear or hibernate or die or whatever, I'll love the franchise even more. No more fairytale endings.
i'm not very active anymore!! it's sad, but i'll come back sometimes to feel nostalgic ahaha

NightoftheFury
Shhh...Toothless is watching

When I first heard about Dragons disappearing I was really saddened. But now after I have had ample time to think about it I think it's a good ending. After all HTTYD is supposed to chronically Hiccups coming of age; dragons will be part of it, helping him face obstacles along the way, but ultimately they can't stick by his side forever. I think it's a great, albeit sad, way to finish the series and have hiccup truly find out who he is.
Hope_and_Heir

Hiccup and Toothless separated - it's a sad thought but a really epic plot guys....

I agree. What would be even more epic is if their separation is voluntary. Something like Toothless and Hiccup both know that to protect their respective people (or dragons in toothless' case) is to be apart. That would be so sad and Epic all at once. If that happens it would mean Hiccup truly grew up and finally understands what it means to be chief/protect your own *Thinks about Stoic* :'(

WasBornCrazy

I actually disliked HTTYD 2's ending though. (<-Don't ask about it unless you have time).
Oh...trust me I've got plenty of time. ^_^ But seriously I have my own issue with the ending and it would be interesting to see if there are any parallels with our issues.

DarthBacon
Gronckle

Yeah...it would be a remarkable ending..

At the end, when the dragons have left Berk, we see a shot of Hiccup in the forest where the Forbidden Friendship scene took place. He walks around with emotion, and absent-mindedly starts drawing Toothless, like he first did, thinking about Toothless and reliving their amazing moments together. Just as he tears up, Astrid comes in and comforts him and the slow melody of the main theme at the end of Stoick's ship starts playing...They both get up and start walking, with the camera zooming out towards the whole island of Berk, without any dragons, and finally, " This is Berk"..

Dan_Oceans
What do I put here again?

WasBornCrazy

I actually disliked HTTYD 2's ending though. (<-Don't ask about it unless you have time).
Oh...trust me I've got plenty of time. ^_^ But seriously I have my own issue with the ending and it would be interesting to see if there are any parallels with our issues. [/quote]

I would love to see this as well.

Anyway, I like the what Hope_and_Heir said about dragons and the way the books end, but I don't like the idea of indicating that the dragons woke up because it leaves a cliffhanger and if they originally planned to make the story a trilogy, I think it should stay that way and wrap the story up in bow. While it would leave me thinking, I would demand to see what they planned to do with that kind of ending.
"can you hear the birds sing? saying go the f*** to sleep (to the sound of les mis)"
Spoiler: click to toggle

Nightshade
Monstrous Nightmare

I think it was way too happy, because in the end, think about what really happened:
Hiccups side lost 1 dragon and 1 person.
Drago lost all he had except for his bewilderbeast who lost control over other dragons.
It's still too much Disney-ending in it, lots of happiness for a small sacrifice.

Quincy Dan
Member Avatar
The real Hiccup

Our world is no longer safe for dragons, and in order to protect them all, Hiccup sends Toothless and therefore the rest of the dragons away.

draco
mystery dragon, pic drawn by night fury fire. Thank you :)

They said the second movie would be the darkest, but I honestly think that the third movie will be the saddest.
Dragons, need I say more.

Hiccup, chief of berc, dragon master.
Toothless, alpha dragon.
You and me bud we can do this, as one.
It's just a zipple misunderstanding
I like a pit, but I love a boar pit.
i am hurt,I am very much hurt.