Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Adult fans of HTTYD
Topic Started: 16 Jun 2014, 00:48 (6800 Views)
ViridianVenus
Dragon Egg

Are there any other adult fans on this forum? At 30 i feel like a little bit of a creeper. Thus is the peril of being an animation fan after the age of 25.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

valkasboy
Terrible Terror

Not to worry, I just turned 47, so if there's any creeping to be done it's going to be me!

Captain Simian
Member Avatar
Hatchling

I feel ya. Just turned 31 myself this year.

ViridianVenus
Dragon Egg

Oh my god i'm not alone! :D

Rocky Rose
Deadly Nadder

I'm 22... so I'm considered an adult.... ^o)
"I saw him, and I saw myself."- Hiccup
"With Vikings on the backs of dragons, the world just got a whole lot bigger."

Addicted to DRAGONS :D

My Devianart
My Tumblr (I'm on there ALOT) Nightfury326

ViridianVenus
Dragon Egg

Rocky Rose
16 Jun 2014, 04:54
I'm 22... so I'm considered an adult.... ^o)
Yeah, but you're young enough that you can have a conversation with an older teen fan without looking like you're scoping for jailbait.

micromys
Cathartes Aura

28 and reporting in! I felt like a creepy old person when I first start posting here too, haha. (I admit it helped when I went to the first showing on Thursday and nobody was younger than I was -- in fact, two of the most excited fans were a pair of ladies significantly older! That made me happy.)

But I definitely feel you. I only ever tend to watch animated movies, so interacting with fandom can get... interesting, sometimes.

ViridianVenus
Dragon Egg

micromys
16 Jun 2014, 05:25
I only ever tend to watch animated movies, so interacting with fandom can get... interesting, sometimes.
You've just described my entire adulthood.

Rocky Rose
Deadly Nadder

micromys
16 Jun 2014, 05:25
28 and reporting in! I felt like a creepy old person when I first start posting here too, haha. (I admit it helped when I went to the first showing on Thursday and nobody was younger than I was -- in fact, two of the most excited fans were a pair of ladies significantly older! That made me happy.)

But I definitely feel you. I only ever tend to watch animated movies, so interacting with fandom can get... interesting, sometimes.

I see movies with my mom, but- she's not as big of a fan as I am... at least as far as I know- but then- either way I'm going to another showing of the sequel tomorrow soo... :P

*shuns herself for not seeing the 25 and older sub title* :O

but then.. even when I was younger..I always found the adult crowd at family gatherings n'stuff alot more fun then well... even being among people my age.. of course I'm probably thinking about 4-5 yrs ago when I was in high school...then again- I was the youngest so..

wow- I just rambled again...
"I saw him, and I saw myself."- Hiccup
"With Vikings on the backs of dragons, the world just got a whole lot bigger."

Addicted to DRAGONS :D

My Devianart
My Tumblr (I'm on there ALOT) Nightfury326

athena2235
Member Avatar
Gronckle

It gets a bit more acceptable if you have kiddos. That is how I came to know the the first HTTYD. It is fun to be a fan together.