Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
John Powell's Music Genius Fangirling (sorry)
Topic Started: 17 Jun 2014, 01:15 (2577 Views)
httyd2-9764
Member Avatar
Dragon Egg

I swear I can't tell if I'm the only one with this but I swear the part that really still resonates with me in terms of the soundtrack is the war scene with Battle of the Bewilderbeast in the background.

Aside from the obvious genius of John Powell, I felt like the track was absolutely on point with the scenes. ESPECIALLY THE SCENE WHERE HICCUP AND HIS PARENTS COME IN ON THEIR DRAGONS. Seeing that scene and hearing 2:22 from that track really sends chills down my spine for some reason. Idk if I sound crazy sorry guys LOL. I just needed to get it out.

Don't get me wrong, there were so many other tracks that I love (ie For the Dancing and Dreaming/Stoick's Ship (MY HEART)/Flying With Mother) but Battle of the Bewilderbeasts really stuck with me.

Any good soundtrack moments that stuck with anyone else?
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Rocky Rose
Deadly Nadder

"Dancing and the Dreaming" is constantly stuck in my head... and the ones that keeps on going on in my head is.. Flying with Mother....and probably most of the soundtrack..

And Stoick saves Hiccup and Stoick's ship have just stayed in my mind.. the scenes themselves were done soo well I can't help trying to recall all the lines that happened (and the last viewing of the film- I was actually tearing up..) and the track after that when the music picks up again... Oh Gods I could go on and on about how much the soundtrack is stuck on me... :D

Actually- the whole soundtrack is my go to music for driving, and it's paling my repeat playings of Test Drive from before the movie was released...
"I saw him, and I saw myself."- Hiccup
"With Vikings on the backs of dragons, the world just got a whole lot bigger."

Addicted to DRAGONS :D

My Devianart
My Tumblr (I'm on there ALOT) Nightfury326

Quincy Dan
Member Avatar
The real Hiccup

Stoick Saves Hiccup and Stoicks Ship. Those two don't even need the movie to go with to be emotional tracks. It's really too bad Powell isn't returning for 3.

ViridianVenus
Dragon Egg

I've had the soundtrack repeating on an endless loop for the last 6 days, kinda surprised the cats haven't mutinied.

I can't tell you my favs, i love too many of them.

N4raDov
Dovahkiin

I love how Dragon Racing is like a compilation of all the themes we loved from the first one. I also really adore "Together We Map the World." that one has such a peaceful and lovely feel to it. "Flying With Mother" is so much fun. and yea "Stoick Saves Hiccup" (which is actually playing as I type this) and "Stoick's Ship"...I tear up. But my favorite??? Is "Toothless Found" I get goosebumps EVERY time and, for me, its the most emotional piece on the soundtrack. But honestly, I love the whole thing :D I just mentioned the ones that always really stick out for me.
C4P741N 5W4N

Jendora
Hiccup's Girlfriend

I really liked the opening song (sorry, I don't have the soundtrack yet, so no titles). It was so much like the opening of the first movie that I smiled when I heard it.

Also, "For The Dancing and the Dreaming". So. Freaking. Cute. :wub:

I'm still in the process of buying this soundtrack for my iPod...but I seem to be looking in all the stores that don't have it. ^o)
Coming Soon!!

DarthBacon
Gronckle

THE WHOLE SOUNDTRACK! This soundtrack is absolutely special. So many themes are very cleverly used! When listened as a whole, you can really feel Powell's genius. He conveys all the emotions through the soundtrack itself.
Well, I don't have a clear favourite, but the last 80 seconds or so of Toothless Found is the most epic music i have ever listened. Its emotional range is incredibly high. It goes from sad, to dark, and finally to the most epic and uplifting usage of the flying theme. Oh how i wish it was longer!

Shnuckles
Deadly Nadder

It's debatable whether or not Dragons 2 is better than Dragons 1 (for me, personally, the second movie was more my style) but I think the soundtrack for this movie beats the soundtrack for Dragons 1. Anyone else agree, or am I alone on this?

DarthBacon
Gronckle

Indeed. Dragons 2 soundtrack is slightly better than the first one. Powell took everything good from the first one and made it even more better.

soaringhawk74
Member Avatar
Dragon Egg

Jendora
24 Jun 2014, 06:33
I really liked the opening song (sorry, I don't have the soundtrack yet, so no titles). It was so much like the opening of the first movie that I smiled when I heard it.

Also, "For The Dancing and the Dreaming". So. Freaking. Cute. :wub:

I'm still in the process of buying this soundtrack for my iPod...but I seem to be looking in all the stores that don't have it. ^o)
Amazon has it so it shouldn't be too hard