Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Which gigantic dragon would win in a battle for dominance?
Red Death 11 (31%)
Bewilderbeast 24 (69%)

Which dragon would win in a battle?
Topic Started: 17 Jun 2014, 01:41 (2327 Views)
Parsat
Member Avatar
Dragon Egg

This question has been niggling at me since I watched the second movie, so I'm putting it to a vote. Which gigantic, alpha-type dragon would prevail in a one-on-one fight for dominance?

Some stats for reference:
Red Death: ~510 feet long, huge fire blasts, no blind spots, club-like tail, large and powerful jaws with huge teeth, ability to fly
Bewilderbeast: >520 feet long, powerful ice blasts, long sharp tusks, thick skull, hard skin, ability to swim
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

HideousZippleback

[color=blue]I'm just here for Snotlout.
[/color]

Also since the Red Death can fly she has a higher opportunity for sneak attacks on the Bewilderbeast. With her flames she also has a more effective weapon against him since she can melt his skin and his breath weapon.

Night fury fire

[b]
[color=blue]We're fangirls! It's an occupational hazard...
[/color]
[/b]

well the red death seemed bigger or the same size to me for some reason. I think due to the fact that the bewilderbeast breathes ice, it may not be immune to fire like the other dragons. so red death in my opinion would win
^_^ ;) :D :$ :P 8) :'( :( ^) :O :blink: >:( <3 <- me seeing httyd 2

Cartoon Freak
Deadly Nadder

The Bewilderbeast evidently has far superior mind-control powers (the Red Death's being limited to more of a homing beacon effect), so it would just mind control the Red Death into hitting itself, presumably while making the draconic equivalent of cliched bully taunts.
Number of times I've watched the trailer: 18.

My pet peeve: people who refer to complete strangers by their first name. The correct ways to refer to a "John Smith" whom you have never met are Smith, Mr Smith, or John Smith. Not "John". He's not your buddy.

Eret
....Son of Eret

Valka did make the distinction between Queen dragons and Alpha dragons. "Every nest has its queen, but the bewilderbeast is the king of all dragons" Or something to that affect. Implying that the Alpha bewilderbeast is more powerful than the Queen red death. If thats the case then it could probably be assumed that the Red Death would have to obey an alpha Bewilderbeast, or even
Spoiler: click to toggle
Anyway the point is Alpha Bewilderbeast > Queen Red Death just by rank alone.

Toothless
the unholy offspring of lightning and death itself

Cartoon Freak
17 Jun 2014, 14:21
The Bewilderbeast evidently has far superior mind-control powers (the Red Death's being limited to more of a homing beacon effect), so it would just mind control the Red Death into hitting itself, presumably while making the draconic equivalent of cliched bully taunts.
Oh yes :D

Also it's got those monstrous tusks which come in handy

Faerie_Dragon
Dragon Bassist

The Red Death was recently added to the Dragonpedia so we can base who would win on the stats now :3

I challenge you to be lazier than me!

Sub me. Sub me. Sub me. Sub me. Sub me. Sub me. Sub me.

Zer0x

[b]Banhammerdragon
[/b]

"Firepower" seems to be a very loose concept. :D
UNAMUSED

No, I'm serious....stop it..

Dan_Oceans
What do I put here again?

Faerie_Dragon
21 Jun 2014, 17:27
The Red Death was recently added to the Dragonpedia so we can base who would win on the stats now :3

Zer0x
21 Jun 2014, 17:49
"Firepower" seems to be a very loose concept. :D
clearly, but I still think that the Red Death would win
"can you hear the birds sing? saying go the f*** to sleep (to the sound of les mis)"
Spoiler: click to toggle

Toothless123
Night Fury

How about the Red Death against Drago's Bewilderbeast? :D