Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Dean DeBlois Reddit AMA
Topic Started: 18 Jun 2014, 23:08 (2910 Views)
MigMigg
Dragon Egg

Dean is doing an AMA (Ask Me Anything) on Reddit on June 27th! Source.
Prepare your questions!
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Eret
....Son of Eret

WHAT ahhh I'm so excited!!!!!!

Eclipse-Wolven
Ninja Dragon

Really?! Huh. I'm definitely keeping an eye on this one.
-Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup-

Cartoon Freak
Deadly Nadder

Hmm, I've got a few questions I'd like to ask DeBlois. I had better look into this.
Number of times I've watched the trailer: 18.

My pet peeve: people who refer to complete strangers by their first name. The correct ways to refer to a "John Smith" whom you have never met are Smith, Mr Smith, or John Smith. Not "John". He's not your buddy.

Toothless123
Night Fury

Cartoon Freak
20 Jun 2014, 13:58
Hmm, I've got a few questions I'd like to ask DeBlois. I had better look into this.
If you're thinking of asking questions about Dragons 3, he probably wouldn't answer them. Because of, you know, spoilers and all that.

Cartoon Freak
Deadly Nadder

Toothless123
20 Jun 2014, 19:11
Cartoon Freak
20 Jun 2014, 13:58
If you're thinking of asking questions about Dragons 3, he probably wouldn't answer them. Because of, you know, spoilers and all that.
Nope, they're about the second film. Asking questions about the third film would be a complete waste of time, as anything that anyone would be willing to talk about could easily be changed by the time the movie gets released.
Number of times I've watched the trailer: 18.

My pet peeve: people who refer to complete strangers by their first name. The correct ways to refer to a "John Smith" whom you have never met are Smith, Mr Smith, or John Smith. Not "John". He's not your buddy.

MartianArchaeologist
Member Avatar
Gronckle

Whoa, really? Ah, erm, hmm... um...wow...the possibilities!

MartianArchaeologist
Member Avatar
Gronckle

Oh Gods, now I have to learn Reddit on top of everything else. You know what an amazing education you people are giving me?

MartianArchaeologist
Member Avatar
Gronckle

MigMigg
19 Jun 2014, 03:08
Prepare your questions!
Right, since I've not used Reddit before--is this a live chat thing? submitting questions in advance? if so, where? And so on.

Tessem7
Dragon Trainer

MartianArchaeologist
25 Jun 2014, 04:55
MigMigg
19 Jun 2014, 03:08
Prepare your questions!
Right, since I've not used Reddit before--is this a live chat thing? submitting questions in advance? if so, where? And so on.
reddit.com is basically just a super large forum. AMAs (user intverviews) take place at reddit.com/r/IAmA

Basically, on the 27th (the date of the AMA), Dean will use an account to post a thread to that url and users will see the thread pop up under the "new" tab, but it will quickly rise on the "hot" tab as it gets more popular. If you want to be one of the first to ask a question, pre type the question in notepad or something and copy-paste it into the thread when it goes live. The earlier you submit, the better chance you have of Dean replying to you.
"Thank you for summing that up."