Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
The Game!
Topic Started: 26 Jun 2014, 15:06 (2630 Views)
Unitedmoviemaker
"Film Creator"

I'll give your LP a view! :P

Not sure if I'm gonna get the game or not (don't know too much about it, though).
A "The Night Fury's Den Fourm" Veteran

I'm on Tumblr and Fanfic! (Cool, huh? :P)
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Toothless
the unholy offspring of lightning and death itself

So what's the game like is it a free roam like skyrim or is it very controlled. Do you have to do the missions or can you just hiccup off wherever and whenever you want to ?

Dan_Oceans
What do I put here again?

You are allowed to Hiccup around. That's what I did for the majority of my time. Sadly, I got my copy as a rental so it goes back tomorrow, but I enjoyed hiccuping around to Forbidden Friendship a lot. I just wish that we could do a little more than mini games and completing challenges [< From what I could tell, that was all it was]
"can you hear the birds sing? saying go the f*** to sleep (to the sound of les mis)"
Spoiler: click to toggle

Toothless123
Night Fury

MC_Oceans
29 Jun 2014, 09:33
You are allowed to Hiccup around. That's what I did for the majority of my time. Sadly, I got my copy as a rental so it goes back tomorrow, but I enjoyed hiccuping around to Forbidden Friendship a lot. I just wish that we could do a little more than mini games and completing challenges [< From what I could tell, that was all it was]
Yes, it would be nice to walk around the island as Hiccup like you could in the first game.

Dragon's Apprentice
Mr. Potato Sandwich

Toothless123
02 Jul 2014, 20:05
MC_Oceans
Yes, it would be nice to walk around the island as Hiccup like you could in the first game.
That's the only disappointing thing about it- for such a story driven movie and franchise I just don't like seeing the whole thing as just a series of mini games :( now I'm sure it's enjoyable and all- but I was hoping for actual missions- I would have even been happy with what they did for Kung Fu Panda 1 where they just followed the story of the movie with a few added extras and maybe had some of the minigames as a side-game added on for replay value- which they also did for KFP1. hmm... :( although from what I've seen the flying looks really good and I know if I got it hiccuping around would be the reason I would keep playing it :p
"I was so afraid of becoming my dad. Mostly because I thought I never could. How do you become someone that great, that brave, that selfless? I guess you can only try."</3

Toothless123
Night Fury

Dragon's Apprentice
05 Jul 2014, 19:04
Toothless123
02 Jul 2014, 20:05
MC_Oceans
That's the only disappointing thing about it- for such a story driven movie and franchise I just don't like seeing the whole thing as just a series of mini games :( now I'm sure it's enjoyable and all- but I was hoping for actual missions- I would have even been happy with what they did for Kung Fu Panda 1 where they just followed the story of the movie with a few added extras and maybe had some of the minigames as a side-game added on for replay value- which they also did for KFP1. hmm... :( although from what I've seen the flying looks really good and I know if I got it hiccuping around would be the reason I would keep playing it :p
I was kind of hoping for a game that was 'story-driven' as you said, and you could explore areas in the films e.g. Dragon Island, and at the end of each area there would be a boss. For example, at the end of the Dragon Island area, you could fight the Red Death as a boss.
But I don't think they'll ever make a game like that... :(