Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Gobber's speech
Topic Started: 20 Jun 2014, 08:59 (2378 Views)
Pyr0mancer
Hatchling

Gobber: May the valkyries welcome you, and lead you through Odin's great battlefield. May they sing your name with love and fury, so that we might hear it rise from the depths of Valhalla, and know you have taken your rightful place at the table of the heavens. For a great man has fallen, a warrior, chieftain, a father, a friend. [Hiccup shoots bow]
Hiccup: I'm sorry dad, I'm not the chief you wanted me to be and I'm not the peacekeeper I thought I was... I... Don't know...
Valka: You came early into this world, you were such a wee thing, so frail, so fragile. I feared you wouldn't make it, but your father, he never doubted. He always said you would become the strongest of them all, and he was right. You have a heart of a chief, and the soul of the dragon. Only you can bring our two worlds together. That, is who you are, son.
Hiccup: I uh... I was so afraid of becoming my dad, also because I thought I never could. How do you become someone that great, that brave, that selfless? I guess, I can only try. A chief protects his own, we're going back.
Ruffnut: Uh, with what?
Tuffnut: He took all the dragons.
Hiccup: Not all of them. (Little grin)

Let me know if you guys want any other scenes from the movie.

PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

hiccupi
Member Avatar
Dragon Egg

Wait, what? Hiccup is going to grin after his dad is dead??? WHAT

Pyr0mancer
Hatchling

hiccupi
20 Jun 2014, 13:16
Wait, what? Hiccup is going to grin after his dad is dead??? WHAT
Its only a small grin, just to show you:

ezylryb
Dragon Egg

Well the funeral scene was amazing (one of the best imo). Gobber's speech made me nearly cry. (I've never cried in the cinema yet :) )

But my personal favourite is when the gang first encountered Drago. The way Astrid spoke about Hiccup and dragon riders from Berk was amazing! Tied up in ropes and threaten on life she spoke to him very bravely.

There might be more excelent scenes, but this is my favourite.

...and sorry for my english :$

HideousZippleback

[color=blue]I'm just here for Snotlout.
[/color]

I loved this scene. I like the reference to the Valkyries and more Norse mythology (I love Norse mythology) but my most favorite part of this scene was when it panned around to the other members of the gang crying. It showed how his death affected each character differently: Astrid wasn't crying as much as say, Hiccup, Gobber, Snotlout and Valka. And the twins actually showed real emotion beside their typical emotions for once.

alexhero
Member Avatar
The Novelist Bewilderbeast

I was so sad when I saw this image.

“My armor is like tenfold shields, my teeth are swords, my claws spears, the shock of my tail a thunderbolt, my wings a hurricane, and my breath death!”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit

“So comes snow after fire, and even dragons have their endings.”

When I read the second quote. All I think about is the Drago's Bewilderbeast ice and the ending of How To Train Your Dragon 3. *sob*

alexhero
Member Avatar

And this image

“My armor is like tenfold shields, my teeth are swords, my claws spears, the shock of my tail a thunderbolt, my wings a hurricane, and my breath death!”

When I read the second quote. All I think about is the Drago's Bewilderbeast ice and the ending of How To Train Your Dragon 3. *sob*

alexhero
Member Avatar

Oh and this GIF

HideousZippleback

[color=blue]I'm just here for Snotlout.
[/color]

Grr... Pirated footage. But even I want one piece of the film right now in gif form... Sigh During the funeral scenes where Snotlout and the twins were crying...

Astrid
Gronckle

Pyr0mancer
20 Jun 2014, 12:59
Gobber: May the valkyries welcome you, and lead you through Odin's great battlefield. May they sing your name with love and fury, so that we might hear it rise from the depths of Valhalla, and know you have taken your rightful place at the table of the heavens. For a great man has fallen, a warrior, chieftain, a father, a friend.
This was a beautiful speech, honestly the one who made me the most sad for him wasn't hiccup or valka, it was gobber, his best friend who was with him since youth, way before valka and hiccup and the one who was there in all the difficult times, yeap gobber was the one winning my sympathy