Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Rating?
Topic Started: 08 Jun 2014, 00:24 (5988 Views)
WasBornCrazy
i dont think my avatar is working but ehh

I'd give it a 9.5. It's an eight. [small][small][small]I take it back. The more I look into it, the more bad things I see....[/small][/small][/small]

Why?

I didn't like how Eret just suddenly joins the dragon riders. AND, the ending was too sweet. Other than a death, there really wasn't anything heartbreaking or whatever.
i'm not very active anymore!! it's sad, but i'll come back sometimes to feel nostalgic ahaha
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

HideousZippleback

[color=blue]I'm just here for Snotlout.
[/color]

WasBornCrazy
08 Jun 2014, 04:24
I'd give it a 9.5.

Why?

I didn't like how Eret just suddenly joins the dragon riders.
Did he do it out of nowhere? Or was it gradual?

micromys
Cathartes Aura

HideousZippleback
08 Jun 2014, 04:42
WasBornCrazy
I'd give it a 9.5.

Why?

Astrid and Stormfly win him over during the course of the movie.

Cartoon Freak
Deadly Nadder

7/10

When it works, it works brilliantly. The presentation is impeccable, the action sequences are generally good, and some of the basic ideas are brilliant. The problem is in the execution. There are significant stretches that don't work, significant plot points make no sense, two of the three important new characters are just plain dull, and characters are frequently idiots.

Oh, and in the third act, it basically turns into a My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic movie. As a brony, I don't have a problem with that as such (heck, it's a darn sight better than the actual MLP: FiM movie we got), but this is hardly the place for it.

I'll go into more detail later, so expect a full review in the next couple of days at the latest.
Number of times I've watched the trailer: 18.

My pet peeve: people who refer to complete strangers by their first name. The correct ways to refer to a "John Smith" whom you have never met are Smith, Mr Smith, or John Smith. Not "John". He's not your buddy.

WasBornCrazy
i dont think my avatar is working but ehh

HideousZippleback
08 Jun 2014, 04:42
WasBornCrazy
I'd give it a 9.5.

Why?

Do you want spoilers? Or what?
Spoiler: click to toggle
I think it was just a bit too fast.
i'm not very active anymore!! it's sad, but i'll come back sometimes to feel nostalgic ahaha

Eclipse-Wolven
Ninja Dragon

I'd give it about a 9/10.

Fantastic film, but not without flaws. I need to see it again, but I remember not liking Drago that much. I thought he was kind of dull for a villain and didn't get enough motivation for his actions. That being said, I loved the vast majority of it and some of the story choices they make are brilliant. I also love watching the relationship between Hiccup and Toothless develop as it does.
-Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup-

StaticTheSkrill
The Skrill of all Skrills...

I would give it a 9/10 also. The villains had little development and there were numerous times Drago just stood and watched things happen when he had a chance to kill Stoick, Valka etc.
Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

Night fury fire

[b]
[color=blue]We're fangirls! It's an occupational hazard...
[/color]
[/b]

10000/10

I havent even seen it
^_^ ;) :D :$ :P 8) :'( :( ^) :O :blink: >:( <3 <- me seeing httyd 2

Cartoon Freak
Deadly Nadder

Okay, that rating's just impossible, and you know it. Of course, even perfection is impossible from anything produced by humans, but hey, rounding and all that.

And boy, if those are your honest expectations, then you will be very disappointed, and that will not be the fault of the movie.
Number of times I've watched the trailer: 18.

My pet peeve: people who refer to complete strangers by their first name. The correct ways to refer to a "John Smith" whom you have never met are Smith, Mr Smith, or John Smith. Not "John". He's not your buddy.

VeloYourSwaggyDragon
I am... swaggy

Cartoon Freak
09 Jun 2014, 11:47
Okay, that rating's just impossible, and you know it. Of course, even perfection is impossible from anything produced by humans, but hey, rounding and all that.

And boy, if those are your honest expectations, then you will be very disappointed, and that will not be the fault of the movie.
Take it easy! Yeesh, people have a right to be excited.