Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Will Drago Be Back?
Topic Started: 25 Jun 2014, 16:58 (4265 Views)
alpha_dragon
Member Avatar
Dragon Egg

ToothlessNightFury
25 Jun 2014, 18:55

Dragons are not real.

my point was you guys are arguring about how it's not biologically possible for a dragon (a make believe reptile) to sawallow humans. Therefor it's a lesson in bio. So it relates to school
But it relates to dragons.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Cartoon Freak
Deadly Nadder

Quote:

It it can only work in the realm of fiction, then it's magic.
Okay, I think we are working off different definitions, and fair enough. I would define that as an acceptable suspension of disbelief, rather than magic. If you want to define things as strictly as you do, then fair enough, but I would like to make two points:

1. Drago surviving inside the Bewilderbeast for an extended period of time would be much less believable than any major plot point of the movies to date.

2. Under your definitions, the vast majority of fiction would fall into the fantasy genre, since they're all going to (most likely by accident) include something that can't happen in real life.

If you agree with both of these points, then I think we're good.
Quote:

Seriously? Are you not getting my point? If his very first decision as a chief is to stand by his people and help them, then its totally not stupid.
Quote:

back on topic with the HTTYD thing Hiccup did actually look in the water to see if he could find Drago and his dragon but by they they'd probably swam too deeo to be noticed. Pluss his mind was more on keeping everyone in Berk safe and making sure they were all okay.
I'm responding to these at the same time because they're very similar points.

1. Hiccup did not check for very long. I can hold my breath for longer than that, and I'm pretty sure Drago is physically superior to me. Hiccup should have, at the very least, sent out patrols to check all the surrounding waters, checking each area for long enough that Drago could not simply avoid detection by hiding under the water. It's very easy to do.

2. If Hiccup wants to help and/or protect his people, then the best thing he can do is make sure that the greatest threat they have ever faced doesn't come back to kill more people. As it stands, if and when (more likely when) Drago comes back, any damage and death that happens is on Hiccup's head.
Number of times I've watched the trailer: 18.

My pet peeve: people who refer to complete strangers by their first name. The correct ways to refer to a "John Smith" whom you have never met are Smith, Mr Smith, or John Smith. Not "John". He's not your buddy.

ToothlessNightFury
Toothless

Cartoon Freak
26 Jun 2014, 00:02
Quote:

It it can only work in the realm of fiction, then it's magic.
Okay, I think we are working off different definitions, and fair enough. I would define that as an acceptable suspension of disbelief, rather than magic. If you want to define things as strictly as you do, then fair enough, but I would like to make two points:

1. Drago surviving inside the Bewilderbeast for an extended period of time would be much less believable than any major plot point of the movies to date.

2. Under your definitions, the vast majority of fiction would fall into the fantasy genre, since they're all going to (most likely by accident) include something that can't happen in real life.

If you agree with both of these points, then I think we're good.
Quote:

Seriously? Are you not getting my point? If his very first decision as a chief is to stand by his people and help them, then its totally not stupid.
Quote:

back on topic with the HTTYD thing Hiccup did actually look in the water to see if he could find Drago and his dragon but by they they'd probably swam too deeo to be noticed. Pluss his mind was more on keeping everyone in Berk safe and making sure they were all okay.
I'm responding to these at the same time because they're very similar points.

1. Hiccup did not check for very long. I can hold my breath for longer than that, and I'm pretty sure Drago is physically superior to me. Hiccup should have, at the very least, sent out patrols to check all the surrounding waters, checking each area for long enough that Drago could not simply avoid detection by hiding under the water. It's very easy to do.

2. If Hiccup wants to help and/or protect his people, then the best thing he can do is make sure that the greatest threat they have ever faced doesn't come back to kill more people. As it stands, if and when (more likely when) Drago comes back, any damage and death that happens is on Hiccup's head.
It's quite possible he did after the movie ended. His focus at the end was to make sure everyone on Berk was okay. From what I've seen and learned about leaders they take care of their homes and people first.
Hiccup took care of Berk first. He knows Drago is still alive and out there, but at the end of the movie his main focus was getting Berk back on it's feet. I do honestly see it happening that in a short or in season 4 we will see more of him getting viking patrols around Berk.
Believe a Dragon Can Thaw A Frozen Heart Role Play Based of HTTYD and Frozen

Around here we don't look back. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.-Walt Disney

DarthBacon
Gronckle

Exactly. Just because they didnt show that in the movie, it doesnt mean hiccup didnt do it. He prioritizes his people and their home over revenge, and that shows leaps and bounds that he is a good chief.

Even though my biggest issue with the movie was with the ending, im glad hiccup did what he did.

KentuckyWildcat
Raw Vikingness

I tend to agree with Cartoon Freak on this point. Even though there was some obvious rebuilding to do, there was nothing happening on Berk that demanded such immediate attention that Hiccup couldn't afford to spare the 5 minutes (or less) it would have taken to ensure that Drago didn't escape. I'd say that the status of the madman who just tried to kill everyone and would probably still like to is a pretty important thing when it comes to looking after the people.
Come death. Come suffering. I will not live in fear. In this fleeting life where time escapes us, the path of least resistance is a slow quiet death. I'd rather burn out than fade away.

ToothlessNightFury
Toothless

KentuckyWildcat
26 Jun 2014, 05:07
I tend to agree with Cartoon Freak on this point. Even though there was some obvious rebuilding to do, there was nothing happening on Berk that demanded such immediate attention that Hiccup couldn't afford to spare the 5 minutes (or less) it would have taken to ensure that Drago didn't escape. I'd say that the status of the madman who just tried to kill everyone and would probably still like to is a pretty important thing when it comes to looking after the people.
Berk was covered and ice and homes were destoryed. I think that needed some attention before searching for something under water that's already too deep to even see.
And remember they had to have Drago escappe. Dean wants him back for the 3rd movie so yeah the bad guy had to escappe.
Believe a Dragon Can Thaw A Frozen Heart Role Play Based of HTTYD and Frozen

Around here we don't look back. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.-Walt Disney

Cartoon Freak
Deadly Nadder

ToothlessNightFury

Berk was covered and ice and homes were destoryed. I think that needed some attention before searching for something under water that's already too deep to even see.
And remember they had to have Drago escappe. Dean wants him back for the 3rd movie so yeah the bad guy had to escappe.
Well, it's not like they can repair the homes in the little time it would take to search for Drago anyway. Again, the guy can't stay under water for that long. A few minutes isn't going to hurt the reconstruction efforts.

As for that point of Drago having to return in the third movie, that's terrible reasoning in-universe. It implies that Hiccup wants Drago to return because... reasons?
Number of times I've watched the trailer: 18.

My pet peeve: people who refer to complete strangers by their first name. The correct ways to refer to a "John Smith" whom you have never met are Smith, Mr Smith, or John Smith. Not "John". He's not your buddy.

DarthBacon
Gronckle

As much as i disagree with the conclusion that Hiccup is stupid, i feel that the ending was not done that well. There is no clear place for Drago to hide, and hiding in the dragon's mouth seems utterly stupid. Is the Dean talking on reddit true? If yes, someone should really ask him this question!

Toothless123
Night Fury

I'm not really sure if he'd answer questions about HTTYD, because of SPOILERS!!!