Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Future of How to Train Your Dragon [SPOILERS]
Topic Started: 15 Jun 2014, 00:21 (3997 Views)
andrew4753
Member Avatar
Dragon Egg

I'm making this topic because I'm interested of what people have to say on the future of this film franchise and I also wanted to know the answer to these following open ended and close questions.

1.Does anyone know if Valka/ Cate Blanchett is returning for How to Train your Dragon 3? It said all the main cast but her name wasn't listed at the time. Does this still mean she'll return or not? (Wanted to know if confirmed or not.) ^o)

2. Do you think HTTYD 3 will feature Hiccup and Astrid marriage? (I'm a Hiccstrid shipper.) :wub:

3. Will HTTYD 3 top both of the previous movies? ^_^

More questions to come ^o)
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

WasBornCrazy
i dont think my avatar is working but ehh

1. I have no idea

2. (Prepare for rant, if you don't want to read this, skip it)
I'm actually against a Hiccstrid wedding. Mind you, I'm a Hicctrid shipper, but I really, really, REALLY, don't want a wedding. To me, HTTYD is just not suitable for a wedding, and I'm afraid it will turn to princessy. It's either off screen or a 'show, don't tell' scene. If they make a wedding short, I will not watch it, because I think it will just ruin the whole, 'I'M A VIKING' spirit. I'm fine with kissing and all that romantic stuff, but please, no wedding. Same with 4th movie. No. Just, no.

3. We don't know until we see the movie. I mean, I won't judge it even a tiny bit before we have a teaser.
i'm not very active anymore!! it's sad, but i'll come back sometimes to feel nostalgic ahaha

Dan_Oceans
What do I put here again?

WasBornCrazy
15 Jun 2014, 04:28
I'm actually against a Hiccstrid wedding. Mind you, I'm a Hicctrid shipper, but I really, really, REALLY, don't want a wedding. To me, HTTYD is just not suitable for a wedding, and I'm afraid it will turn to princessy. It's either off screen or a 'show, don't tell' scene. If they make a wedding short, I will not watch it, because I think it will just ruin the whole, 'I'M A VIKING' spirit. I'm fine with kissing and all that romantic stuff, but please, no wedding. Same with 4th movie. No. Just, no.
I agree with this. A wedding is not the way to go. If they do a wedding scene in the last movie or split the last movie in two, I am going to quit the fandom because I hate those trends with a burning passion :unsure:
"can you hear the birds sing? saying go the f*** to sleep (to the sound of les mis)"
Spoiler: click to toggle

Eret
....Son of Eret

Hiccup and Astrid are adorable, and they're going to be married eventually, we all know that and we all understand, we dont need to waste time on it in the actual movies though. id be ok with them making a short about their wedding, but theres probably a million other things i'm more interested in seeing shorts about before that...

as for cate, I think she will but then again she's kind of a hard person to read, I've never been able to tell whether she actually likes these movies or if she's just doing it for her kids, whereas the rest of the cast for the most part seems pretty clear that they do enjoy being a part of the franchise.

Who knows about the third movie, but I think the second one definitely had room for improvement that I hope the third movie makes up for

HideousZippleback

[color=blue]I'm just here for Snotlout.
[/color]

If there is a wedding I will be pissed since it would be a waste of valuable time for good, solid material for their film.

Zer0x

[b]Banhammerdragon
[/b]

[SPOILERS] added to the title.
UNAMUSED

No, I'm serious....stop it..

Cartoon Freak
Deadly Nadder

2. Given that HTTYD 2 kept the focus off the Hiccup/Astrid romance, I doubt the third film will include a wedding, unless by some chance, it features at the very beginning, just as something very short. That could work.

3. While I'm not as enamoured with HTTYD 2 as most people here, I acknowledge that the second act is the hardest to get right. In that regard, it is certainly possible that the third film will be better than the first (and, by extension, the second), though I recommend against getting one's hopes up at least at this point.
Number of times I've watched the trailer: 18.

My pet peeve: people who refer to complete strangers by their first name. The correct ways to refer to a "John Smith" whom you have never met are Smith, Mr Smith, or John Smith. Not "John". He's not your buddy.

BerserkDragon
antisocial british nerd with a youtube channel

1. Maybe they'll do it like in the books and she'll go off questing?
2. It would be cute, but I think a proposal would be enough for me. We don't need to see the full wedding scene, even though I find that amazing, but just to have Hiccup propose to Astrid would be incredible!

3. It's gonna have to try hard to top HTTYD 2. I saw it this morning at the cinema and it blew me away.
Me? An otaku? Pfff.

Yes I do like dragons if you're wondering. Doesn't seem like it from my profile pic n signature, I know, but I do.

Astrid
Gronckle

1. Pretty sure yes or Dean's fanboy heart will be broken

2. It's a nice idea, but it will take precious time from the plot, so no in the movie but perhaps in a short.

3. I hope so, there is ways for it to be better than the second, but better than the original will be hard, so I hope it will be at least as good as the 1st one.

Fawnduu
Gronckle

I think ill just answer question 2

I think all i would want is a proposal AND ID LOVE FOR THAT PROPOSAL TO BE HICCUP SINGING THE DANCING AND THE DREAMING TO ASTRID!!!!!

probably wont happen but that would be a really nice wrap around and a really touching nod to stoick and valka

i dont think the whole song, just up to the and you would marry me
Im Courtney, a Concept Artist/ Computer Animator! 8)

My Art Page
My Animations