Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Mindcontrol
Topic Started: 25 Jun 2014, 13:36 (2683 Views)
DarthBacon
Gronckle

Oh well, this has been bugging me for quite sometime now. Is that mindcontrol thing a special ability of the bewilderbeasts? Or is that the added perk of being an alpha dragon? If that is the case, can Toothless do it now?

PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

ToothlessNightFury
Toothless

I think it's for the aplha dragons.

Because Valka said that the dragons wouldn't follow Drago since the Alpha controlls them. Then he was all "happy" since he brought the challanger, and when his bewilderbeast defeated Valka's his dragon could controll the dragons.

I wonder though if Toothless will be able to now. Maybe that's why they all roared when he did or blue fire into the air when he maybe told them to?
Believe a Dragon Can Thaw A Frozen Heart Role Play Based of HTTYD and Frozen

Around here we don't look back. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.-Walt Disney

DarthBacon
Gronckle

Maybe Toothless can do it too i guess. But i would be quite content if that ability is just special to the bewilderbeasts. Because if any enemy comes with dragons in the next film, Toothless can just do the same thing to them.

Eret
....Son of Eret

wouldn't toothless be able to make any of the other dragons do what he told them to simply because he is the alpha? all the others live under his command... i don't think mind control is an actual "ability", its just that all the other dragons have to listen to the alpha unless they're challenging it to be the alpha themselves... its a confusing concept

VeloYourSwaggyDragon
I am... swaggy

The mind-control I see in Drago's Bewilderbeast appears to be and I'm guessing is a form of high-frequency sound. I don't know if you guys heard it, but when the Bewilderbeast first tried gaining control of Toothless, I heard some humming that I'm pretty sure wasn't part of the soundtrack. Humans wouldn't normally be able to hear something like that but in this case it's safe to assume that it was intentional for the audience to hear it to be more engulfed in the brilliant animation and effects of the movie.

Anyway, such high-frequency sound affects animals in different ways, but always triggers negative reactions. For example, dolphins exposed to underwater high-frequency will flee from it. It can can also stun and sometimes kill fish.

This use of sound, however, must be a specialized form of it (somehow manipulates the part of the brain that controls behavior and thinking) that forces dragons and Toothless to do what the Bewilderbeast commands it to. It clearly caused pain as we saw Toothless tossing and rubbing his ears and head on the ground and cringing in an attempt to block out the noise.

To answer the big question briefly, I think Bewilderbeasts can use that form of mind-control to command the dragons. Though I don't believe every "alpha" reigns like that.

The Red Death used fear and the threat of being eaten to get the dragons to do as she pleased. If it wanted the dragons to attack the invading viking warriors instead of doing it herself, she would have used the Bewilderbeast's version of mind-controlling, but didn't, so either she isn't that intelligent or doesn't possess that ability.

Valka's Bewilderbeast didn't use sinister control, but ruled by caring and providing a safe haven for dragons. It might be intelligent enough to have known the negative effects of mind-control and would gain more loyalty from the inhabiting dragons by letting them go about their natural ways alongside him. I believe this is how Toothless will rule as Alpha as well. But, we don't know everything about Night Furies, do we? He could very well have the ability of mind-control, but if he did, I doubt he'd use it on the other dragons on a regular basis.

Toothless123
Night Fury

VeloYourSwaggyDragon
25 Jun 2014, 20:36
The Red Death used fear and the threat of being eaten to get the dragons to do as she pleased. If it wanted the dragons to attack the invading viking warriors instead of doing it herself, she would have used the Bewilderbeast's version of mind-controlling, but didn't, so either she isn't that intelligent or doesn't possess that ability.
The Red Death did use a kind of 'song' to control the dragons, and Toothless was affected by it in the Nest. So it seems that all the dragons that possess 'mind control' force the other dragons into submission by 'singing'?

VeloYourSwaggyDragon
I am... swaggy

Toothless123
25 Jun 2014, 20:56
The Red Death did use a kind of 'song' to control the dragons, and Toothless was affected by it in the Nest. So it seems that all the dragons that possess 'mind control' force the other dragons into submission by 'singing'?
It used a song? I don't remember that. :huh:

I'm still wondering, if it had that ability, then why didn't it use it to command dragons to her aid? Was she stubborn? Powered by will to defend the nest herself? I could go on, I need these questions answered! xD

ToothlessNightFury
Toothless

VeloYourSwaggyDragon
The mind-control I see in Drago's Bewilderbeast appears to be and I'm guessing is a form of high-frequency sound. I don't know if you guys heard it, but when the Bewilderbeast first tried gaining control of Toothless, I heard some humming that I'm pretty sure wasn't part of the soundtrack. Humans wouldn't normally be able to hear something like that but in this case it's safe to assume that it was intentional for the audience to hear it to be more engulfed in the brilliant animation and effects of the movie.

Anyway, such high-frequency sound affects animals in different ways, but always triggers negative reactions. For example, dolphins exposed to underwater high-frequency will flee from it. It can can also stun and sometimes kill fish.

This use of sound, however, must be a specialized form of it (somehow manipulates the part of the brain that controls behavior and thinking) that forces dragons and Toothless to do what the Bewilderbeast commands it to. It clearly caused pain as we saw Toothless tossing and rubbing his ears and head on the ground and cringing in an attempt to block out the noise.

To answer the big question briefly, I think Bewilderbeasts can use that form of mind-control to command the dragons. Though I don't believe every "alpha" reigns like that.

Valka's Bewilderbeast didn't use sinister control, but ruled by caring and providing a safe haven for dragons. It might be intelligent enough to have known the negative effects of mind-control and would gain more loyalty from the inhabiting dragons by letting them go about their natural ways alongside him. I believe this is how Toothless will rule as Alpha as well. But, we don't know everything about Night Furies, do we? He could very well have the ability of mind-control, but if he did, I doubt he'd use it on the other dragons on a regular basis.
Well he might always use it to keep Whispering Deaths away ;)
but yeah I can see Toothless being an Alpha who is caring and protective. I mean the way he reacted over Hiccup being attached like that. He was not impressed with Drago's Bweilderbeast one bit for trying to kill his best friend.

Toothless123
25 Jun 2014, 20:56
VeloYourSwaggyDragon
I only remember this being in the books. I don't recall the Red Death using a song in the movie,
Are you possibly mixing up the two?
In the books the Red/Green Death did have a sing. and it was "Singing" But I don't ever remember anything about it doing that in the movies. I more remember it using the threat of being eaten to controll the dragons.
Believe a Dragon Can Thaw A Frozen Heart Role Play Based of HTTYD and Frozen

Around here we don't look back. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.-Walt Disney

ViridianVenus
Dragon Egg

The humming nose the alpha made was the same as the humming sound that Toothless kept reacting to in the first movie. Nobody IN the first movie made a direct reference to it, but i recognized the humming sound itself right away. The sound itself stopped as soon as Stoic jumped off of the boat and onto the island which was right before the dragons abandoned the nest.

WasBornCrazy
i dont think my avatar is working but ehh

Toothless did use mind-control though. (Unless my memory fails me) Didn't he make the dragons go to his side? *Cue Darth Vader joke*

I think the Red Death's 'mind-control' more of a homing beacon.
i'm not very active anymore!! it's sad, but i'll come back sometimes to feel nostalgic ahaha