Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Mindcontrol
Topic Started: 26 Jun 2014, 01:37 (2681 Views)
athena2235
Member Avatar
Gronckle

They used the same noise in HTTYD for when toothless was guiding them on the ship to the nest. But they made it appear to be more or a homing signal, she seemed to use bruit force to keep them in line.

I just assumed the dragons came to Toothless' side after they snapped out of the alpha's trance b/c they did not like the the way the Alpha controlled them, and many of them would have had positive experiences on Berk/with Valka.

Neither Dragon had won yet, so I assume neither of them would be able to control them yet, even if Toothless does eventually get mind control (I hope he doesn't). The Bad Alpha did not take control of all the other Dragons until Valka's Alpha was dead (and he clearly won) so when the other joined toothless before his the bad Alpha conceded, I assumed it was a turn on the bad leader sort of thing. Many times all it takes is one to stand up to a bully for others to follow.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

ToothlessNightFury
Toothless

ViridianVenus
26 Jun 2014, 02:51
The humming nose the alpha made was the same as the humming sound that Toothless kept reacting to in the first movie. Nobody IN the first movie made a direct reference to it, but i recognized the humming sound itself right away. The sound itself stopped as soon as Stoic jumped off of the boat and onto the island which was right before the dragons abandoned the nest.
Ohhhhhh now i remember!!
Believe a Dragon Can Thaw A Frozen Heart Role Play Based of HTTYD and Frozen

Around here we don't look back. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.-Walt Disney

NightoftheFury
Shhh...Toothless is watching

It's hard to say. From the first movie and TV show it is clear that Titan class/Huge species are able to gather followers (Red death/Screaming Death). Maybe its just is an ability of "superclass" Dragons? I don't know if toothless can do mind control, the whole Apha concept is sorta brushed under the rug on the movie (which bothered me), but maybe its something for the 3rd. My opinion is I don't think toothless can do mind control, but the stronger the leader he is the stronger the bond between him and the other dragons.

Plus if toothless can do mind control it will take some of the fun out of the 3rd movie. If there is an epic battle Toothless will just be able to command his dragon army at will power. What would be interesting is if when Drago returns if he brings a Dragon with mind control, I think it would be epic to see the two forms of Alphaism battle it out. Drago's Dragon trying to invade the minds of others while toothless tries to keep a firm hold on the dragons loyalty that stems from a bond between a good leader and his people. While that's happening mix it with an epic showdown of Hiccup vs Drago once and for all and there my friends is the basis for an epically awesome battle in HTTYD3

Fawnduu
Gronckle

NightoftheFury
26 Jun 2014, 16:34
It's hard to say. From the first movie and TV show it is clear that Titan class/Huge species are able to gather followers (Red death/Screaming Death). Maybe its just is an ability of "superclass" Dragons? I don't know if toothless can do mind control, the whole Apha concept is sorta brushed under the rug on the movie (which bothered me), but maybe its something for the 3rd. My opinion is I don't think toothless can do mind control, but the stronger the leader he is the stronger the bond between him and the other dragons.

Plus if toothless can do mind control it will take some of the fun out of the 3rd movie. If there is an epic battle Toothless will just be able to command his dragon army at will power. What would be interesting is if when Drago returns if he brings a Dragon with mind control, I think it would be epic to see the two forms of Alphaism battle it out. Drago's Dragon trying to invade the minds of others while toothless tries to keep a firm hold on the dragons loyalty that stems from a bond between a good leader and his people. While that's happening mix it with an epic showdown of Hiccup vs Drago once and for all and there my friends is the basis for an epically awesome battle in HTTYD3
I think its just the bewilderbeasts and red death those big giant dragons who can use mind control, otherwise its just the dragons instinct and will to choose a leader as in toothless. A central concept in the second movie was, love will overcome fear. Drago and his alpha used fear to get dragons to follow them, but toothless's love for berk and hiccup allows him to challenge the alpha and win, therefore winning over the dragons.
Im Courtney, a Concept Artist/ Computer Animator! 8)

My Art Page
My Animations

Quincy Dan
Member Avatar
The real Hiccup

Personally I think it is mind control, but notice Valka's Alpha never used it. Toothless will probably never use it unless he's going to do something in 3 to protect the dragons from the world of humans (which is where I think the 3rd film will go).

draco
mystery dragon, pic drawn by night fury fire. Thank you :)

I don't think toothless has the mind control ability, I think it was an ability the bewilderbeast has. I believe the other dragons joined toothless' side after he started fighting the alpha. The bewilderbeast was to busy fighting toothless to maintain the mind control on the other dragons, and once they was freed they decided to join toothless In his fight. There for toothless became the alpha when the bewilderbeast realized he just lost the fight.
Dragons, need I say more.

Hiccup, chief of berc, dragon master.
Toothless, alpha dragon.
You and me bud we can do this, as one.
It's just a zipple misunderstanding
I like a pit, but I love a boar pit.
i am hurt,I am very much hurt.