Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Night Furies
Topic Started: 26 Jun 2014, 12:13 (3752 Views)
NightoftheFury
Shhh...Toothless is watching

Baron Von Clop

As for Night Furies going away, it is kind of odd, isn't it? They're the fastest, most intelligent, most agile and have a unique breath weapon strong enough to become the alpha dragon, yet they're the only dragon species to go extinct that we know of?
I have a feeling that Drago has something to do with the answer to that. He was also surprised that there was still a night fury around. But even more surprising was that Eret also felt the same. And I dont know about you, but I don't think Eret is one to study dragon species. I think he learns about them on the job so to speak. So if he knows about them, it means he heard about them and or seen what happened to them. And if he saw what happened to them it means Drago was there (read "Drago" happened to them).
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

yogabagaba
Member Avatar
Dragon Egg

maybe evil alphas and evil queens commanded the other dragons to hunt down night furies because theyre the most difficult species to control?

DerangedTheDagur
Pirate Lord of the Berk archipelago

yogabagaba
26 Jun 2014, 16:50
maybe evil alphas and evil queens commanded the other dragons to hunt down night furies because theyre the most difficult species to control?
I hadn't thought of that... that idea sounds pretty plausible
"I think we've all arrived at a very special place. Spiritually, ecumenically, grammatically." ~Captain Jack Sparrow

athena2235
Member Avatar
Gronckle

NightoftheFury
26 Jun 2014, 16:13
Baron Von Clop

As for Night Furies going away, it is kind of odd, isn't it? They're the fastest, most intelligent, most agile and have a unique breath weapon strong enough to become the alpha dragon, yet they're the only dragon species to go extinct that we know of?
I have a feeling that Drago has something to do with the answer to that. He was also surprised that there was still a night fury around. But even more surprising was that Eret also felt the same. And I dont know about you, but I don't think Eret is one to study dragon species. I think he learns about them on the job so to speak. So if he knows about them, it means he heard about them and or seen what happened to them. And if he saw what happened to them it means Drago was there (read "Drago" happened to them).
This, especially on how Eret thought Drago was going to react when he "captured" toothless to bring to Drago.

landyy
Member Avatar
Dragon Egg

Toothless could be the "Hiccup" of the Night Fury Species which is why he was so easy to be brought down. Maybe the family/pack that Toothless came from may have exiled him, who knows?

Toothless123
Night Fury

I wish someone *cough* me *cough* would write a fic about that!

Night fury fire

[b]
[color=blue]We're fangirls! It's an occupational hazard...
[/color]
[/b]

This is just so intriguing!! Reminds me of a quote from book of dragons

"These islands are full of dragons, but I've never seen another night fury. I've got so many questions about him"

I hope DW focuses on this for the 3rd movie instead of dragon extinction or a bittersweet ending. Because when I think about it, hiccup and toothless have been through too much together and I don't want a repeat of stoick and thornado (who was better than skullcrusher)
^_^ ;) :D :$ :P 8) :'( :( ^) :O :blink: >:( <3 <- me seeing httyd 2

landyy
Member Avatar
Dragon Egg

I remember Valka saying something like "I've never seen a Night Fury this close up before", so I'm guessing she has seen or heard Night Furies in her lifetime.

Fawnduu
Gronckle

There are definitely more night furies, they would not have hinted so deeply at the lack of them if there really werent going to be any more. Its foreshadowing.
Im Courtney, a Concept Artist/ Computer Animator! 8)

My Art Page
My Animations

Eret
....Son of Eret

Personally I hope there aren't any more, and I hope they explain their extinction in a way that doesn't require more flashbacks D: