Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Speculations on Stoick's Death (possible spoilers)
Topic Started: 28 Jun 2014, 01:05 (4801 Views)
Jendora
Hiccup's Girlfriend

I saw somewhere that all the main actors (including Gerald Butler) were set to return in HTTYD 3, but I'm thinking the only Gerald Butler/Stoick we'll get will be in the form of a flashback. I dunno what kind of flashback they could do that hasn't already been done, but...

What I'm saying, as sad as it is (especially with Hiccup finally getting his whole family back together), is that Stoick is most definitely dead. That I'm sure of. Whether Drago is dead or not, that I still can't fully be sure. Need to see the movie again. I missed all those scenes because I was still in... "OMG. WTF. They just killed the Chief" mode. XD
Coming Soon!!
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

landyy
Member Avatar
Dragon Egg

I've seen several Outcast soldiers shot directly by Toothless and managed to recover so I don't see how the greatest warrior of Berk can't manage to do the same.

Toothless123
Night Fury

landyy
28 Jun 2014, 05:48
I've seen several Outcast soldiers shot directly by Toothless and managed to recover so I don't see how the greatest warrior of Berk can't manage to do the same.
Toothless can control the force of his plasma blasts. When he was controlled by the Alpha, his plasma blasts were probably 'set' to a force high enough to kill.

WasBornCrazy
i dont think my avatar is working but ehh

Again, if that happened, I would be very very VERY upset. It's like a marriage scene and a fourth movie. You don't need it. The series will be better without it.

What's the use anyways? Most people are like, 'Oh, and then he swaps his single father for his single mother.', but what would Stoick's reappearance do to the series (other than making it worse)? Again, it was a good risk they took, and I hope they don't destroy it.
i'm not very active anymore!! it's sad, but i'll come back sometimes to feel nostalgic ahaha

draco
mystery dragon, pic drawn by night fury fire. Thank you :)

I don't think stoic will return, maybe flashback in the third movie.
They shouldn't bring him back to life. That would make his sacrifice for hiccup not honorable.
He died protecting hiccup and his people as a chief would.
I don't think he can come back because he was so close to toothless when toothless' blast hit him. And the force from that blast would seriously injure or kill someone. Plus if you noticed, toothless' mouth was smoking after the blast, so he must have used all his energy to fire that plasma blast.
Dragons, need I say more.

Hiccup, chief of berc, dragon master.
Toothless, alpha dragon.
You and me bud we can do this, as one.
It's just a zipple misunderstanding
I like a pit, but I love a boar pit.
i am hurt,I am very much hurt.

VeloYourSwaggyDragon
I am... swaggy

landyy
The tv series made Toothless's powers much weaker so that way it be more of a challenge for the riders to defeat the bad guys instead of, boom boom crash and all the Outcasts/Berserkers are dead etc. It's a good thing in that sense, but a bad thing that Toothless was cheapened as this great and powerful fighter.

Toothless123
Night Fury

VeloYourSwaggyDragon
28 Jun 2014, 18:03
landyy
The tv series made Toothless's powers much weaker so that way it be more of a challenge for the riders to defeat the bad guys instead of, boom boom crash and all the Outcasts/Berserkers are dead etc. It's a good thing in that sense, but a bad thing that Toothless was cheapened as this great and powerful fighter.
And, also:
Toothless123
28 Jun 2014, 07:20
landyy
Toothless can control the force of his plasma blasts. When he was controlled by the Alpha, his plasma blasts were probably 'set' to a force high enough to kill.

ToothlessNightFury
Toothless

They showed Stoick dead on the boat seconds before it was lit on fore. There is no possible way for him to still be alive. And Valka listened for his heart and nothing. It's sad to say but we have to accept that he is dead. And please no one complain about it because Land Before Time, Lion King, Bambi, tons of movies most of us here grew up with had a parent die. Nothing is different except that a human parent died. Honestly death happens. It's no big deal and Stoick won't be returning to the 3rd movie or 4th season. He'll only return if they do flashbacks.
Believe a Dragon Can Thaw A Frozen Heart Role Play Based of HTTYD and Frozen

Around here we don't look back. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.-Walt Disney

DragonDreamer
Dragon Scribe

Alright, so it's clear of that Stoick's death states that it was a necessary evil, but while I accept that I have one final debate topic on this subject.

Do you think that it would've been just as if not more dramatic if the killed him at the third movie?

Who thinks that it's possible to rearrange the plot a bit to support my suggestion?

I understand the importance of his death well enough after the arguments presented, but I don't exactly like the idea of Stoick leaving his wife so soon.

Do you think my hypothesis is rational or sentimental ?
What dragon dreams are made of.

Polychrome
Hatchling

Toothless123
28 Jun 2014, 07:20

You just gave me a mental image of Toothless wearing a star trek uniform.