Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
HTTYD 2 Inducted into IMDb's Top 250!
Topic Started: 06 Oct 2014, 23:48 (3775 Views)
Oneill5491
Terrible Terror

So HTTYD 2 has slumped down to the last spot on the IMDb top 250 list and will be leaving the top 250 list, likely forever, within the next day. :/

I know a lot of you don't care and don't put much value into that list, but just thought I would mention it.

I was really hoping for the possibility of having the entire trilogy on that list someday.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Whitefang
twelve days north of hopeless

Oneill5491
07 Oct 2014, 03:48
So HTTYD 2 has slumped down to the last spot on the IMDb top 250 list and will be leaving the top 250 list, likely forever, within the next day. :/

I know a lot of you don't care and don't put much value into that list, but just thought I would mention it.

I was really hoping for the possibility of having the entire trilogy on that list someday.
Awww, at least it was on there for a little while! -_-
Find me on tumblr and deviantart!
I have been here an embarrassingly long time

8)

gmarvin112
Member Avatar
Hatchling

Whitefang
07 Oct 2014, 04:28
Oneill5491
07 Oct 2014, 03:48
So HTTYD 2 has slumped down to the last spotBesides, on the IMDb top 250 list and will be leaving the top 250 list, likely forever, within the next day. :/

Awww, at least it was on there for a little while! -_-
Don't worry about what the people over at IMDb think. Trust me when I say that most of them are total snobs. Besides, at least the first HTTYD is pretty high up (153, I believe).

Pikey
Wow!

It would lovely for it to stay, but being that I don't care about movies in general, I really couldn't care less about IMDb's top 250. If it's good enough to warrant a live forum with people worth talking to then it's good enough for me. 8)

Neilandio
Dragon trainer

I don't care about scores. And 2 Star Wars movies are at the top 20, which only proves to me how irrelevant this scoring system is when judging movies I like.
My dragon den:

DarthBacon
Gronckle

Same here! I don't care about the ratings! HTTYD will always be at 1 for me!

draco
mystery dragon, pic drawn by night fury fire. Thank you :)

DarthBacon
08 Oct 2014, 08:20
Same here! I don't care about the ratings! HTTYD will always be at 1 for me!

Ditto
Dragons, need I say more.

Hiccup, chief of berc, dragon master.
Toothless, alpha dragon.
You and me bud we can do this, as one.
It's just a zipple misunderstanding
I like a pit, but I love a boar pit.
i am hurt,I am very much hurt.

Cartoon Freak
Deadly Nadder

I should probably bookmark this topic as a reference, to bring up in 2017 when HTTYD 3 is inevitably in the top 250 shortly after release.

The lesson to take from all this is one that has probably been shown many times throughout IMDB's lifetime: films tend to start off strong in ratings, and then drop off. This makes sense, since the people who see a movie when it comes out are people who are more likely to enjoy it, since they're mostly the target audience, or fans of the franchise, director, studio, actor, etc. This is especially true for sequels. As time goes on, more people who are less inclined to like the movie will see it, and they will also probably be further removed from the hype.

In other words, the fact that HTTYD 2 was in the top 250 shortly after release is not noteworthy, because it was riding on the hype and the existing fanbase. The fact that the original HTTYD is still in the top 250 is noteworthy, because it shows that the film has lasting appeal across a wide audience.
Number of times I've watched the trailer: 18.

My pet peeve: people who refer to complete strangers by their first name. The correct ways to refer to a "John Smith" whom you have never met are Smith, Mr Smith, or John Smith. Not "John". He's not your buddy.

gmarvin112
Member Avatar
Hatchling

Cartoon Freak
08 Oct 2014, 11:09
I should probably bookmark this topic as a reference, to bring up in 2017 when HTTYD 3 is inevitably in the top 250 shortly after release.

The lesson to take from all this is one that has probably been shown many times throughout IMDB's lifetime: films tend to start off strong in ratings, and then drop off. This makes sense, since the people who see a movie when it comes out are people who are more likely to enjoy it, since they're mostly the target audience, or fans of the franchise, director, studio, actor, etc. This is especially true for sequels. As time goes on, more people who are less inclined to like the movie will see it, and they will also probably be further removed from the hype.

In other words, the fact that HTTYD 2 was in the top 250 shortly after release is not noteworthy, because it was riding on the hype and the existing fanbase. The fact that the original HTTYD is still in the top 250 is noteworthy, because it shows that the film has lasting appeal across a wide audience.
There's nothing "noteworthy" about a film being on IMDb's Top 250.

Pikey
Wow!

Ouch.

That was a burn.

IMDb just got burned, grapevine style.