Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
The idea of Stoick coming back
Topic Started: 01 Jul 2014, 15:49 (4742 Views)
MissunyNightFury
Escaped from an asylem

Don't compare Dragons to Disney They have nothing in common and you look like a fool when you do it.
"There's something you must remember when riding a dragon. There's no manual, no safety harness, no guarantees when you're on one of these beasts. All you have is the wind in your hair, and the clothes on your back. The only thing between you and that dragon is your saddle. You need to hold onto it for dear life, as that creature takes you the skies. That, is dragon riding."
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

ToothlessNightFury
Toothless

People are saying it bit it's nit possible. They showed Stoick dead as his ship went up in flames. He is gone and just because people don't like it doesn't mean it's going to change Dean's mind.
Bambi
Land Before Time
Lion King
Fox and the Hound
Frozen
Tons of kids movies had deaths in them when we were kids. I think if we had it then today's generation if kids should be fine with deaths in movies.
Not to mention as my friend pointed out the other night almost every single super hero has lost one or both of their parents and same with most main characters in movies.
ToothlessTheUseless
01 Jul 2014, 03:09
Oh no, I'm not trying to speak negatively of Disney! I was just pointing out that Disney has their own little thing with people dying and coming back, and since DreamWorks is a completely different company, I feel like they do things differently. But yeah, Hiccup did kind of have a death scare at the end of the first film, but what I liked about that is that he lost his leg, whereas in Disney the characters come back with little to no injuries/side-effects/etc.

Like I said, not trying to badmouth Disney whatsoever. I was just kinda pointing out that the two companies do things differently when it comes to storytelling lol
Actually most parents who died in disney movies didn't come back. Only Lion King really had that.
MissunyNightFury
30 Jun 2014, 23:56
cometotheberkside
30 Jun 2014, 21:51
Something I may want to see, however, is Stoick appearing in a flashback or a dream sequence.
That's fine if they show him in flashbacks. But they're certainly not bringing him back to life.

I would feel like I cried for nothing.
i flash back is fine but it's nit possible for him to be alive stoll. It would ruin the 2nd movie.
WasBornCrazy
01 Jul 2014, 00:12
EXACTLY.

As ToothlessTheUseless said, in almost every Disney movie, someone 'died' and came back (i.e Anna, Eugene/Flynn).

Why do you want this?!

(Although it's easier to think he hasn't died because no series without him are out yet.)

This is not Disney. They are trying to get it realistic. Nothing 'real' ends sweet. There will always be something BITTER.
both Disney and Dreamworks are great to me neither one is better than the other.
And I dont see Anna and Flynn as ones who fully died. Anna froze and flynn was barely dead for two seconds.

Not to mention Disney is magic where as vikings didn't believe in magic.
Believe a Dragon Can Thaw A Frozen Heart Role Play Based of HTTYD and Frozen

Around here we don't look back. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.-Walt Disney

Polychrome
Hatchling

ToothlessNightFury
01 Jul 2014, 21:45
And I dont see Anna and Flynn as ones who fully died. Anna froze and flynn was barely dead for two seconds.
In the original fairy tale of Rapunzel, the prince was seriously injured, and Rapunzel's tears healed him. I give Disney credit for giving her healing power a back story, rather than just making it come out of nowhere as it did in the Grimm's Fairy Tales.

Quote:

Not in the fairy godmother sense, but they were pretty superstitious. That's where a lot of the "magic" in Frozen came from, and honestly, Frozen was probably more realistic about how people in that culture lived. (Granted, we're also talking about a different time period.)

ToothlessNightFury
Toothless

Polychrome
01 Jul 2014, 22:19
ToothlessNightFury
01 Jul 2014, 21:45
In the original fairy tale of Rapunzel, the prince was seriously injured, and Rapunzel's tears healed him. I give Disney credit for giving her healing power a back story, rather than just making it come out of nowhere as it did in the Grimm's Fairy Tales.

Quote:

Not in the fairy godmother sense, but they were pretty superstitious. That's where a lot of the "magic" in Frozen came from, and honestly, Frozen was probably more realistic about how people in that culture lived. (Granted, we're also talking about a different time period.)
fairy godmother is magic. She uses a magic wand...? that's magic.

either way it just wouldn't be right for them to bring Stoick back to lie after showing him dead. It would ruin the movies/series.

Around here we don't look back. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.-Walt Disney

HTTYD PT
Gronckle

If you remember the boat funeral of Stoick was burned so you can not go back. :'(

ToothlessNightFury
Toothless

HTTYD PT RIC
02 Jul 2014, 22:33
If you remember the boat funeral of Stoick was burned so you can not go back. :'(
Exactly. Thank you for summing that up :hiccup:

HTTYD PT
Gronckle

But suppose even managed to regain Stoick the movie HTTYD 3 would not be very realistic.

Nightshade
Monstrous Nightmare

dead is dead and shall stay that way.

Basically my thoughts on this subject.

draco
mystery dragon, pic drawn by night fury fire. Thank you :)

Nightshade
03 Jul 2014, 16:20
dead is dead and shall stay that way.

Basically my thoughts on this subject.
Well said, exactly.
Dragons, need I say more.

Hiccup, chief of berc, dragon master.
Toothless, alpha dragon.
You and me bud we can do this, as one.
It's just a zipple misunderstanding
I like a pit, but I love a boar pit.
i am hurt,I am very much hurt.