Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
The idea of Stoick coming back
Topic Started: 29 Jun 2014, 17:03 (4648 Views)
MissunyNightFury
Escaped from an asylem

I've heard some people saying how they wish/hope Stoick will come back, and personally, I hope he doesn't. I use to be against the idea of him dying, but Dragons 2 (I thought) presented his death very well, and had him go out fighting. I thought he died very nobly.

I really hate the idea of him coming back. I think it would totally destroy what Dragons 2 was building up. And personally, I think it would be disrespectful to Stoick's character. I want to see Hiccup try to be a chief on his own.
"There's something you must remember when riding a dragon. There's no manual, no safety harness, no guarantees when you're on one of these beasts. All you have is the wind in your hair, and the clothes on your back. The only thing between you and that dragon is your saddle. You need to hold onto it for dear life, as that creature takes you the skies. That, is dragon riding."
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Rocky Rose
Deadly Nadder

It doesn't make much sense to me either.. :/ I have some alternate universe post sequel stuff that's like that but that's because well, when I get back to writing those- I allready have a plan in mind for how the stories go about it..

And my mind's mostly on the complete opposite being a story that takes place after HTTYD2 and Not taking the Alternate Universe route.. And I'm rather enjoying writng that one so it'll probably be a while before I'm writing the AU again..
"I saw him, and I saw myself."- Hiccup
"With Vikings on the backs of dragons, the world just got a whole lot bigger."

Addicted to DRAGONS :D

My Devianart
My Tumblr (I'm on there ALOT) Nightfury326

Quincy Dan
Member Avatar
The real Hiccup

That's a silly idea. It would take away the power of the movie.

Berserk Shieldmaiden
Superior Warriorness

I don't like the idea at all. Why cheapen the affect Stoick's death had on all of us?

SilaNightFury
Lemon Guru and Cloudjumper Fangirl~

So what? The want a crispy zombie Stoick? Cause that's what he'd be. I want to see how Hiccup is as chief, so I don't see the point of bringing him back.
^_^

Rocky Rose
Deadly Nadder

SilaNightFury
30 Jun 2014, 01:03
So what? The want a crispy zombie Stoick? Cause that's what he'd be. I want to see how Hiccup is as chief, so I don't see the point of bringing him back.
Cue a random Zombie Prom Walking Dead HTTYD post sequel story that no one's writing yet :p
"I saw him, and I saw myself."- Hiccup
"With Vikings on the backs of dragons, the world just got a whole lot bigger."

Addicted to DRAGONS :D

My Devianart
My Tumblr (I'm on there ALOT) Nightfury326

draco
mystery dragon, pic drawn by night fury fire. Thank you :)

MissunyNightFury
29 Jun 2014, 21:03
I've heard some people saying how they wish/hope Stoick will come back, and personally, I hope he doesn't. I use to be against the idea of him dying, but Dragons 2 (I thought) presented his death very well, and had him go out fighting. I thought he died very nobly.

I really hate the idea of him coming back. I think it would totally destroy what Dragons 2 was building up. And personally, I think it would be disrespectful to Stoick's character. I want to see Hiccup try to be a chief on his own.
I totally agree.
I don't want him coming back either.
That would ruin the impact of his death.
Hiccup needs to become his own chief.
Dragons, need I say more.

Hiccup, chief of berc, dragon master.
Toothless, alpha dragon.
You and me bud we can do this, as one.
It's just a zipple misunderstanding
I like a pit, but I love a boar pit.
i am hurt,I am very much hurt.

Night fury fire

[b]
[color=blue]We're fangirls! It's an occupational hazard...
[/color]
[/b]

Stoick is dead. There's nothing that can change that. Despite the fact that his death wasn't really necessary, it would just seem like a repeat of valka
^_^ ;) :D :$ :P 8) :'( :( ^) :O :blink: >:( <3 <- me seeing httyd 2

MissunyNightFury
Escaped from an asylem

People forget that we'll see him again in the third season.
"There's something you must remember when riding a dragon. There's no manual, no safety harness, no guarantees when you're on one of these beasts. All you have is the wind in your hair, and the clothes on your back. The only thing between you and that dragon is your saddle. You need to hold onto it for dear life, as that creature takes you the skies. That, is dragon riding."

ToothlessTheUseless
Member Avatar
Dragon Egg

There's some people that think it is possible for him to come back and it's like...we watched his body go up in flames on that ship, I don't think he's coming back haha

Plus the whole "I'm dead oh wait now I'm alive again" thing feels too Disney for me, as that seems to be a main theme in most of their movies (minus Lion King and Bambi)