Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
The Little Things
Topic Started: 27 Sep 2014, 00:11 (19661 Views)
MartianArchaeologist
Member Avatar
Gronckle

Thanks to Tumblr gifmakers I noticed this: When Hiccup says "You are my best friend" the first time, his pupils dilate only a little. Toothless's pupils expand until the Bewilderbeast's contract; Toothless's go back to slits. Then Hiccup says "My best friend" again and his pupils significantly expand. At that point Toothless's pupils expand all the way.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Pikey
Wow!

MartianArchaeologist
27 Sep 2014, 04:11
Thanks to Tumblr gifmakers I noticed this: When Hiccup says "You are my best friend" the first time, his pupils dilate only a little. Toothless's pupils expand until the Bewilderbeast's contract; Toothless's go back to slits. Then Hiccup says "My best friend" again and his pupils significantly expand. At that point Toothless's pupils expand all the way.
Reminds me of:
Look at me in eyes; not around the eyes, not around the eyes; look at me in the eyes... aaaand you're under.
:P

iluvhttyd
Member Avatar
Terrible Terror

You guys are probably gonna hate me for saying this...
Spoiler: click to toggle
Reason for Edit: Needed it to be a little less...Hiccup fangirly?

SplashTheScauldron
Most inactive ass in the fandom

The end of Httyd 2, you can see Hiccup in front of a banner, flag or whatever with Stoick and Scullcrusher on it. Stoick is dead but still there...
Yes, I ship Dagur and Hiccup.

I apologize for cringy posts I made some years ago

omerb10
Member Avatar
Dragon Egg

On Eret's ship when Hiccup said to his father he is still going to Drago to change his mind, look at Astrid's face, she is really want him to go (and say yes with her face), even though she is standing right next to Stoic.

hcsp1
My only master is the free wind

Somebody probably mentioned those but whatever...

When Gobber cuts into Stoick's verse of "For Dancing And Dreaming" and then apologizes, you can see Hiccup move his hands in a way that's probably meant to say "What the hell, Gobber? Why would you do this?" Later on in the song, when the pace picks up and Gobber starts dancing, you can see Hiccup tapping his right foot to the beat of the song before Gobber picks him up.

When the Alpha comes over to Berk, all the dragons he is controlling are flying in a circles around him as if they are worshiping him or something. When Toothless is breaking the Alpha's control over them, they start to just fly in place and when they head to support Toothless they are still flying in place as an army that works with their leader other than just worship him. Also on that scene, when Toothless goes into his Alpha state(That's what I call it) you can see that his back spines(Are those what these are called? I have no idea) are open.

Another small thing. Remember in the beginning after Hiccup and Toothless crash land Hiccup changes his peg leg to a walking mode? If you look closly he does that every time he dismounts Toothless with the exeption of when he and Astrid encounter Eret for the first time.

MartianArchaeologist
Member Avatar
Gronckle

Pikey
27 Sep 2014, 15:52
MartianArchaeologist
27 Sep 2014, 04:11
Reminds me of:
Look at me in eyes; not around the eyes, not around the eyes; look at me in the eyes... aaaand you're under.
:P
hehe!

Ok, now that I have the movie in Itunes and I can more or less frame through the expressions (some people are faceblind--I'm face-myopic):

Someone asked what expression was on Valka's face when she was asking what his father thought of Hiccup--I'd previously said "Proud".

Uh-uh.

I figured out what Valka's expressions were there, and then just busted out laughing.

Beneath Valka's polite, bemused smiles you could see "STOICK MUST'VE HAD A FIT WHEN HICCUP BROUGHT A PET DRAGON HOME! BWAHAAHAA!"

MartianArchaeologist
Member Avatar
Gronckle

Come to think of it, I wonder if Valka's faceblind too. She really didn't seem to recognize all the pain that was in Hiccup's face--his entire body--when he was recounting how they'd lost limbs.

If I get to talk to ValkasBoy again, maybe I'll ask him.

Toothless123
Night Fury

Spoiler: click to toggle

RealHousewifeofBerk
"You don't know this yet, but people need you."
<3

That scene on Eret's ship, before Astrid grabs him, when he was pacing back and forth and yelling at his crew, he said that they had "nothing to sell". Emphasis on sell. It kind of makes me think that, if Drago is paying him for the dragons, then money must really be no object for Drago. If you think about it, Drago really doesn't need to pay Eret, because Eret knows that if he doesn't bring back any dragons, then Drago "won't be understanding", implying that he will torture, injure, or possibly kill him. Shouldn't this be an incentive enough to bring back more dragons?

Unless the money is just funding any general expenses Eret has in operating his ships.
My other fandoms summed up in gifs:

"You have the heart of a Hiro and the soul of a Tadashi."