Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
The Little Things
Topic Started: 05 Aug 2014, 20:02 (19155 Views)
draconicwyvern
kyt, 18, she/her.

I've only watched the movie once, so I can't remember much, plus trying not to copy others at the same time...

But the mysterious smile that Valka gives in the Should I Know You scene reminds me of a similar smile that Hiccup gives at the end of the funeral, with "Not every dragon." Shows just how much they are alike...
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Berkian1
Terrible Terror

I don't know who noticed but in the beginning when Gobber, Hiccup and Stoick are in the forge, Gobber yells at Grump. He says "I'm gonna put you up for adoption!". I thought that was hilarious!
"Hiccup what you're looking for isn't out there. It's in here, maybe you just don't see it yet."

Neilandio
Dragon trainer

I like that when Toothless needs to go faster Hiccup lays down on his back to reduce drag.
My dragon den:

RealHousewifeofBerk
"You don't know this yet, but people need you."
<3

During the scene when Hiccup and Astrid fly to Eret's ship to "surrender", and Hiccup goes, "That's one night fury, one deadly nadder, and two of the finest dragon riders west of (somewhere?)", I may be over-analyzing this, but I think by the "finest dragon riders", he is simultaneously boasting about himself and complimenting Astrid, calling her "fine". (Think, "man, that girl is fiiiiine!)Or maybe it's just me and my brain is hardwired to attach itself to the slightest suggestion of Hiccstrid. ^_^
My other fandoms summed up in gifs:

"You have the heart of a Hiro and the soul of a Tadashi."

dragons_ind
My avatar just got 20% Cooler

RealHousewifeofBerk
12 Aug 2014, 14:36
During the scene when Hiccup and Astrid fly to Eret's ship to "surrender", and Hiccup goes, "That's one night fury, one deadly nadder, and two of the finest dragon riders west of (somewhere?)", I may be over-analyzing this, but I think by the "finest dragon riders", he is simultaneously boasting about himself and complimenting Astrid, calling her "fine". (Think, "man, that girl is fiiiiine!)Or maybe it's just me and my brain is hardwired to attach itself to the slightest suggestion of Hiccstrid. ^_^
Luk Tuk. Yes they are! The finest dragon riders of Berk.

After that scene, when both Hiccup and Astrid inside the cage, when Eret's men pointing their spears and others to Toothless, and he jumped out like a cat. That was enormously hilarious! And his eyes when he jumped. XD
Ninety-nine buckets of fireworms on the wall, ninety-nine buckets of worms! Take one down, pass it around, you got ninety-eight buckets of fireworms on the wall....................... Forty-one buckets of fireworms on the wall, forty-one buckets of worms! Take one down, pass it around, you got forty buckets of fireworms on the wall..........- one bucket of worms! Take one down, pass it around, you got zero buckets of fireworms on the waaaaaaaaaallllllllllllll.

Berkian1
Terrible Terror

Did anybody else notice that "For the Dancing and the Dreaming" and "Stoick's Ship" seem to have the same sort of rhythm but "Stoicks's Ship" is slower ? It's amazing how the same tune can cause two opposite emotions in the same movie. :'( :D :stoick: :valka:
"Hiccup what you're looking for isn't out there. It's in here, maybe you just don't see it yet."

Cartoon Freak
Deadly Nadder

Berkian1
15 Aug 2014, 01:59
Did anybody else notice that "For the Dancing and the Dreaming" and "Stoick's Ship" seem to have the same sort of rhythm but "Stoicks's Ship" is slower ? It's amazing how the same tune can cause two opposite emotions in the same movie.
Yes, I agree that "this scene is pointless, annoying, and freaking creepy" and "this scene is brilliant" are two opposite emotions.

Okay, all criticism of "For the Dancing and the Dreaming" aside (hey, I deleted it from my soundtrack playlist, and I can skip the scene when I get the Blu-Ray, so no biggy), it's pretty standard for film scores and soundtracks to use the same basic melody for vastly different emotional purposes. It's most obvious in musicals with the concept of the dark reprise, but you can often find it in the purely instrumental tracks as well (The Land Before Time is the first example that comes to mind).

Heck, it's not as if it's even the most obvious example in this movie's soundtrack. "Toothless Lost" and "Toothless Found", anyone?
Number of times I've watched the trailer: 18.

My pet peeve: people who refer to complete strangers by their first name. The correct ways to refer to a "John Smith" whom you have never met are Smith, Mr Smith, or John Smith. Not "John". He's not your buddy.

RealHousewifeofBerk
"You don't know this yet, but people need you."
<3

Stoick mentioned that Drago "spoke softly". Maybe he speaks softly to save his voice for when he screams to summon the Bewielderbeast? :drago:

Also, I know this might be kind of morbid a thing to point out, but at Stoick's funeral, when everyone shoots their arrows after Hiccup, I sort of love how it all isn't perfectly timed, even if they're off only by a fraction of a second, and that all the arrows don't just follow the same path and form a horizontal line. Having them all reach different heights makes it seem so much more realistic.
My other fandoms summed up in gifs:

"You have the heart of a Hiro and the soul of a Tadashi."

DarthBacon
Gronckle

Yeah! Stoick's ship is a gentle reworking of their wedding chant... And that only made the impact stronger on me... Man, John Powell really outdid himself. Brilliant work. In my honest opinion, rather than simply complimenting the movie, the soundtrack soars miles higher.

Berkian1
Terrible Terror

DarthBacon
17 Aug 2014, 18:44
Yeah! Stoick's ship is a gentle reworking of their wedding chant... And that only made the impact stronger on me... Man, John Powell really outdid himself. Brilliant work. In my honest opinion, rather than simply complimenting the movie, the soundtrack soars miles higher.
That's exactly what I was thinking. I agree with you.