Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
The Little Things
Topic Started: 07 Jul 2014, 12:24 (18847 Views)
thescienceofmagic
Hairy Hooligan

There's a topic on this for the first movie, so I thought I'd make one here too (: Basically for the little things that you noticed

One thing I can remember particularly liking is how right at the end when the gang are dragon racing again and Hiccup gets the black sheep, there's a very quick shot where it's thrown into the prize cubby things - he puts it in Astrid's not his own. I thought that was sweet ^.^

"I'm not a fan of quoting other people in signatures, especially when they aren't funny." -Zer0x 2014
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

MigMigg
Dragon Egg

Makes me wonder how many other things I missed... :/

Shnuckles
Deadly Nadder

thescienceofmagic
07 Jul 2014, 16:24
There's a topic on this for the first movie, so I thought I'd make one here too (: Basically for the little things that you noticed

One thing I can remember particularly liking is how right at the end when the gang are dragon racing again and Hiccup gets the black sheep, there's a very quick shot where it's thrown into the prize cubby things - he puts it in Astrid's not his own. I thought that was sweet ^.^
I never noticed that. Hm, thanks! That's interesting... I've only seen the movie twice, so there are still somethings about the movie that are fuzzy :/

doeslingx
...and one other reason

Hiccup awkwardly tapping his foot with a WTF-is-going-on grin on his face when his parents are dancing, that was really sweet.
I don't have a signature, see?

Night fury fire

[b]
[color=blue]We're fangirls! It's an occupational hazard...
[/color]
[/b]

After toothless kills stoick, and he's just standing there panting like a rabid dog. I don't know what it is about the scene. I didn't particularly like it, but it just sticks in my head.
^_^ ;) :D :$ :P 8) :'( :( ^) :O :blink: >:( <3 <- me seeing httyd 2

chimuelo
Blacksmith Apprentice

I noticed a few during my second viewing:
-Drago keeps his artificial arm completely concealed until he reveals it to Hiccup
-when Toothless challenges the Alpha, Stormfly is the first dragon to switch sides
-in the final "this is Berk" sequence, Eret is already riding Skullcrusher
-this may have been obvious to you, but I didn't notice Gobber's wooden hand until the end!

doeslingx
...and one other reason

chimuelo
09 Jul 2014, 04:57
-this may have been obvious to you, but I didn't notice Gobber's wooden hand until the end!
In the workshop scene near the beginning, you see Gobber's collection of hand implements, one of which is a frying pan. That made me laugh (I might have been the only one in the cinema at that point).
I don't have a signature, see?

TheBlackFluffyThing
Terrible Terror

When Cloudjumper notices Valka in the house in Berk while he was looking at Hiccup, he turns around and accidentally scratches Hiccup at the chin.
That's how he got his scar! :O

Night Fury: The unholy offspring of lightning and death itself.

BerserkDragon
antisocial british nerd with a youtube channel

TheBlackFluffyThing
20 Jul 2014, 16:31
When Cloudjumper notices Valka in the house in Berk while he was looking at Hiccup, he turns around and accidentally scratches Hiccup at the chin.
That's how he got his scar! :O
And then Valka recognises Hiccup because of that scar <3
Me? An otaku? Pfff.

Yes I do like dragons if you're wondering. Doesn't seem like it from my profile pic n signature, I know, but I do.

Norskie
Member Avatar
Norskie

My favorite little things

-Hiccup dropping the black sheep into Astrid's basket in the end.
-When Hiccup and Astrid meet Eret the first time, Toothless starts to snarl but Astrid places a hand on him which seems to calm him.
-Gobber forcing Hiccup to dance in Dancing and the Dreaming.
-I appreciate how gruesome Drago's stump is when he shows it to Hiccup.
-Astrid's head on Hiccup's shoulder when they are grieving over Stoick.
-Valka's nods to Hiccup's questions in the Sanctuary scene, followed by an awkward laugh and "at least I'm not boring".
-There's too many Toothless moments to tab down here, I loved them all. <3

Uff da, yo.