Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Zer0x' very own Post-Movie Discussion Thread
Topic Started: 09 Jul 2014, 13:43 (3979 Views)
AndyMay

[b]
[color=#d51c1c]The Lemon God
[/color]
[/b]

Cartoon Freak
09 Jul 2014, 12:01
...I'm quite sure that Zer0x is way too good and honest a person to abuse his powers.
Very true. It's Berknation you don't want insult, such an abusive mod :P I'm joking of course! Don't kill me babe Monica
Top Poester for 6 Months Award :D
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

MartianArchaeologist
Member Avatar
Gronckle

I have so been waiting for a Zer0x analysis.
Thanks and congratulations.

Edit:
Plus the post-movie addition to your photo!

Berknation

[color=red]
[b]Titan Wing
[/b]
[/color]

Andy

Jul 9 2014, 04:01 AM
Quote:

...I'm quite sure that Zer0x is way too good and honest a person to abuse his powers.
Very true. It's Berknation you don't want insult, such an abusive mod :P

I don't know whether or not to agree with you Babe

Zer0x

[b]Banhammerdragon
[/b]

A small personal description of the event:

I have thought for a long time what this movie means to me, what it has changed. The first movie was probably the most influential happening in my

life. I was afraid what would happen after the second. Maybe that sounds a bit melodramatic, but in the last months I experienced many phases.
I want to be honest, after the movie released in the USA, doubts rose in me, if everything was worth it, if it was a good idea to spend nearly 500€

only to see a movie. I couldn't even see the movie one day before the screening as I originally planned it. But when I entered the cinema all doubts were blown off. I entered the last phase: acceptance. I accepted that I was there to see the the sequel of the movie which changed my life. When I
saw the IMAX trailer I realized that it will be the best movie experience I will ever have. And when the movie started and the fox logo showed up
I started to cry and it hasn't stopped until the end of it. My 3D glasses were fogged most of the time and my 3 tissues were completly sodden at
the end. Everything was perfect. The seats, the image, the sound, my blood was filled with adrenalin, I even got sick at some flying scenes.
The emotions climaxes at the scenes when Hiccup meets his mother, Stoick died and finally when Toothless protected Hiccup against the ice blast and
fought against Drago's Bewilderbeast.
So, was it worth the efford, the time, the money? Yes, definitely. The movie has shown me again what my purpose is and why I am here.

melodramatic mode off
UNAMUSED

No, I'm serious....stop it..

MartianArchaeologist
Member Avatar
Gronckle

:: hugs Zer0x ::

dorcas18
Dragon Egg

Zer0x
10 Jul 2014, 20:13
A small personal description of the event:

I have thought for a long time what this movie means to me, what it has changed. The first movie was probably the most influential happening in my

life. I was afraid what would happen after the second. Maybe that sounds a bit melodramatic, but in the last months I experienced many phases.
I want to be honest, after the movie released in the USA, doubts rose in me, if everything was worth it, if it was a good idea to spend nearly 500€

only to see a movie. I couldn't even see the movie one day before the screening as I originally planned it. But when I entered the cinema all doubts were blown off. I entered the last phase: acceptance. I accepted that I was there to see the the sequel of the movie which changed my life. When I
saw the IMAX trailer I realized that it will be the best movie experience I will ever have. And when the movie started and the fox logo showed up
I started to cry and it hasn't stopped until the end of it. My 3D glasses were fogged most of the time and my 3 tissues were completly sodden at
the end. Everything was perfect. The seats, the image, the sound, my blood was filled with adrenalin, I even got sick at some flying scenes.
The emotions climaxes at the scenes when Hiccup meets his mother, Stoick died and finally when Toothless protected Hiccup against the ice blast and
fought against Drago's Bewilderbeast.
So, was it worth the efford, the time, the money? Yes, definitely. The movie has shown me again what my purpose is and why I am here.

melodramatic mode off
We don't have httyd 2 IMAX version in Hong Kong... envy :(
Every bucket is unique, observe and you will see~

Zer0x

[b]Banhammerdragon
[/b]

Dynamic Range measurement of the score:
Spoiler: click to toggle
And the score from the first movie:
Both are measurements from the direct lossless audio track. As you can see, the DR value has increased by 2 points. A value of 8 is a bit low, but still okay. 10 is high anoth to count in my eyes as "high end recording" (in case of the range).

A full review of the score is coming soon. ;)
UNAMUSED

No, I'm serious....stop it..

puxlit
Member Avatar
Better in Silhouette Form

For those who are interested, here are some further loudness measurements, based on EBU R128.
In most cases for CD tracks, integrated loudness (i.e., average loudness) should sit around -15.0 LUFS, true-peak should never exceed 0.0 TPFS, and loudness range should be no smaller than 6.0 LU. For a more coherent explanation, this article is worth perusing.

Edit #2: gleaning useful information from track-wide loudness measurements is tricky. Take For the Dancing and the Dreaming as an example: it has a loudness range of 24.0 LU, since the track comprises both quiet whistling and a lively jig. However, to suggest it therefore sounds better would be premature. If we were to measure the loudest segment of the track—Valka and Stoick's performance (from 2:10.000 to 3:00.000)—we'd get a more meaningful reading of 8.8 LU. Some more contrived examples follow.
So some tracks can get pretty bombastic (i.e., higher average loudness, lower loudness range) for a while. Whether they stay bombastic for too long is very much a matter of personal taste.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯