Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Speculations on Stoick's Death (possible spoilers)
Topic Started: 27 Jun 2014, 09:46 (4721 Views)
DragonDreamer
Dragon Scribe

Do you think they'll bring Stoick back in the next film?

I know a Night Fury's shot is extremely deadly, but what are the chances it might of not done as much damage as we think?

Think about it, in the film, he told Drago that it would take more than a fire to burn him. Now, I know they burned his body, but, in the TV Series, his first dragon was a Thunderdrum, a tidal class dragon. This might mean his old dragon might've taken him, when they burned him on the boat.

Also, after he returned to his senses, Toothless tried to press his muzzle against Stoick's hand, before being shooed away, it could mean something.

This is just a theory mind you but it does make some sense, right?

And while you think the TV Show and the movie might not be interconnected, think about this:

In the episode Breakneck Bog, Hiccup finds a little dragon doll and, in the movie, she loved dragons as much as her son. It could be a reference for as I recall that episode came before a teaser trailer was ever released.

What do you think?
What dragon dreams are made of.

PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

mr.k.c.w.
Dragon fan in Hong Kong
[b](Above this title is a very dorky Hiccup.)
[/b]

If I remembered correctly, Valka actually listened for Stoick's heartbeat before saying that he's dead. If someone's heartbeat stopped, with limited medical knowledge, and given the time period, no one would be able to give a CPR to possibly revive his heart. Plus, being on a burning ship won't help, even if he was knocked unconscious, he would not have enough time to escape even he did managed to wake up.

Also, your theory of Thornado rescuing Stoick is almost impossible. With the given information so far, Stoick let Thornado go to take care of three young Thunderdrums. So, Thornado would most probably be at Dragon Island, oblivious to his former rider's demise.

That said though, Fishlegs did mention that Thunderdrums will grow into adulthood in 2 to 3 years, making your theory has a glimpse of hope. Maybe they would mentioned Thornado's whereabouts in the third season, but for right now, all I know, is that Stoick's dead. And I'm not happy about that.

Edit: The CPR thing I mentioned above may not be related, since if Stoick's dead on the impact, he would need a CPR, because the heart stopped beating from the massive force that the blast delivered. Well, to be exact, the blast might have broken his ribs, then punctured his heart or something like that, causing internal bleeding, and ultimately, killing him from blood loss.

I don't know exactly how much force can a deadly Night Fury blast can be, but in order to kill someone though with just force alone, you would need something that is either travelling in a high velocity or have a large mass. Assuming that the mass is not in the equation, due to a fire blast being just a thing exploding, we would need to calculate the force of the shockwave that the explosion caused. Now again, I don't have the numbers yet. So we're just talking about it at a general standpoint. Wait... I have no idea what I'm talking about anymore. Ignore this.
Nothing is in this signature, except this sentence describing that there is nothing in this signature.

Seriously, I, [INSERT USERNAME HERE] have nothing to say here. Continue on with your viewing of not-so regularly scheduled posts.

[INSERT CALMING, SUITABLE FOR READING MUSIC]

Sorry to interrupt, I just wanna say....uh...what was I trying to say again? Never mind, continue reading.

And...Yep...I'm a Nerd
Terrible Terror

Don't want to be a downer but it seems unlikely. I think people are trying to get a bit too technical in terms of their "Stoick is alive" theories. This needed to happen for Hiccup to grow as a character. To reverse it would be to undo all of that.
Hiccup: Dragons are kind, amazing creatures that can bring people together
Drago: Or tear them apart...

DragonDreamer
Dragon Scribe

mr.k.c.w.
27 Jun 2014, 14:06
If I remembered correctly, Valka actually listened for Stoick's heartbeat before saying that he's dead. If someone's heartbeat stopped, with limited medical knowledge, and given the time period, no one would be able to give a CPR to possibly revive his heart. Plus, being on a burning ship won't help, even if he was knocked unconscious, he would not have enough time to escape even he did managed to wake up.

Also, your theory of Thornado rescuing Stoick is almost impossible. With the given information so far, Stoick let Thornado go to take care of three young Thunderdrums. So, Thornado would most probably be at Dragon Island, oblivious to his former rider's demise.

That said though, Fishlegs did mention that Thunderdrums will grow into adulthood in 2 to 3 years, making your theory has a glimpse of hope. Maybe they would mentioned Thornado's whereabouts in the third season, but for right now, all I know, is that Stoick's dead. And I'm not happy about that.

Edit: The CPR thing I mentioned above may not be related, since if Stoick's dead on the impact, he would need a CPR, because the heart stopped beating from the massive force that the blast delivered. Well, to be exact, the blast might have broken his ribs, then punctured his heart or something like that, causing internal bleeding, and ultimately, killing him from blood loss.

I don't know exactly how much force can a deadly Night Fury blast can be, but in order to kill someone though with just force alone, you would need something that is either travelling in a high velocity or have a large mass. Assuming that the mass is not in the equation, due to a fire blast being just a thing exploding, we would need to calculate the force of the shockwave that the explosion caused. Now again, I don't have the numbers yet. So we're just talking about it at a general standpoint. Wait... I have no idea what I'm talking about anymore. Ignore this.
I am aware that Valka might have attempted listening for her husband's heartbeat but seeing as how Toothless was nudging his hand might have a deeper significance. Especially, considering how sensitive dragons are. Also, we don't really know what happened to Thornado for the five years that he left, so I'd still call it plausible enough. Also, as a warrior, Stoick has been through many battles, so what are the chances he hasn't faked his death before. Besides, with Drago being such a formidable opponent, he might not want his enemy to realize that he's still alive. And since, we're not quite sure what's become of Drago I'd consider it a possibility. All I'm saying is that in movies one should consider the seemingly impossible.

DragonDreamer
Dragon Scribe

And...Yep...I'm a Nerd
27 Jun 2014, 15:11
Don't want to be a downer but it seems unlikely. I think people are trying to get a bit too technical in terms of their "Stoick is alive" theories. This needed to happen for Hiccup to grow as a character. To reverse it would be to undo all of that.
Perhaps, but it feels strange that he'll never regain all that lost time with his wife. Besides, stranger things have happened. But I'll wait for the next movie to come out and see, since I like to consider the possibilities.

KentuckyWildcat
Raw Vikingness

I really hope not. I wouldn't have much respect for the third movie if I had any at all if they pulled a stunt like that. Not only would it defy all logic, it would greatly cheapen the impact of his sacrifice in the second movie.
Come death. Come suffering. I will not live in fear. In this fleeting life where time escapes us, the path of least resistance is a slow quiet death. I'd rather burn out than fade away.

Berserk Shieldmaiden
Superior Warriorness

KentuckyWildcat
27 Jun 2014, 15:24
I really hope not. I wouldn't have much respect for the third movie if I had any at all if they pulled a stunt like that. Not only would it defy all logic, it would greatly cheapen the impact of his sacrifice in the second movie.
I agree. Bringing Stoick back would be such a cop out.

VeloYourSwaggyDragon
I am... swaggy

*shakes head* Sorry but that would be too extreme a move in the third film. His death enforced the meaning stated early in the film: A chief protects his own. He died to protect his son. If he comes back, that would distort that meaning to make it look like "I took responsibility to protect my people and I can't die". Sometimes, sacrificing your life is necessary to protect others, especially if you're devoted as much as Stoick was. Eh, I explained that weird, Nerd made a stronger point. xD

I think what I mean is if Stoick comes back and is alive, the sadness and message we got from his death would have been for nothing.

Eret
....Son of Eret

They burned the body, he can't even come back as a Wight now.

... unless he is the Unburnt

VeloYourSwaggyDragon
I am... swaggy

There could be a flashback with Stoick in it however! Who knows?