Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Where was Drago's army?
Topic Started: 22 Jul 2014, 00:11 (2011 Views)
DinaP
Member Avatar
Dragon Egg

After Stoick's death, I remember Drago saying something like gather the men and meet me at Berk. But his army was nowhere to be found during the battle on Berk? Did I miss something about this? Any theories on why his army didn't show up?
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Rocky Rose
Deadly Nadder

Good question... There were a TON of men there during the Battle of the Bewilderbeast... but then we actually get to the part in the battle where Hiccup confronts Drago and there seems to be no one left of his army anywhere to be scene... is his army a bunch of scardiecats?? Then by the time Stoick saves Hiccup, the only people around seem to be the dragon riders, Eret, Valka, Gobber and Toothless until Drago's bewilder beast takes control over him again :( .

Did they go hide or something once Drago's Bewilderbeast took over or something??

Oh Yay... adding in another question to the question! :D lol
Quote:

Random edit...(aka- what they Didn't do)- Drago's army decided to swim to Berk... it didn't work.. :O
"I saw him, and I saw myself."- Hiccup
"With Vikings on the backs of dragons, the world just got a whole lot bigger."

Addicted to DRAGONS :D

My Devianart
My Tumblr (I'm on there ALOT) Nightfury326

BerserkDragon
antisocial british nerd with a youtube channel

Maybe they were just a back-up plan? ^)
Me? An otaku? Pfff.

Yes I do like dragons if you're wondering. Doesn't seem like it from my profile pic n signature, I know, but I do.

draco
mystery dragon, pic drawn by night fury fire. Thank you :)

Good question, I didn't think of that until you brought it up.
I would think that they were still on their way to berk, while drago flew to berc on toothless which was faster.
Dragons, need I say more.

Hiccup, chief of berc, dragon master.
Toothless, alpha dragon.
You and me bud we can do this, as one.
It's just a zipple misunderstanding
I like a pit, but I love a boar pit.
i am hurt,I am very much hurt.

athena2235
Member Avatar
Gronckle

draco
22 Jul 2014, 08:06
Good question, I didn't think of that until you brought it up.
I would think that they were still on their way to berk, while drago flew to berc on toothless which was faster.
I figured it was b/c the ships could not travel as fast as the dragons, so the Dragons beat the ships back to berk (probably by quite a bit).

I also assumed this was who the Bewilderbeast and Drago were retreating to, and also why I think/hope that Drago will come back with a human army next time.

MissunyNightFury
Escaped from an asylem

:eret:

Now that you mentioned it...where did they go?

And for that matter, what happened to Eret's crew? Did they all disintegrate?
"There's something you must remember when riding a dragon. There's no manual, no safety harness, no guarantees when you're on one of these beasts. All you have is the wind in your hair, and the clothes on your back. The only thing between you and that dragon is your saddle. You need to hold onto it for dear life, as that creature takes you the skies. That, is dragon riding."

RealHousewifeofBerk
"You don't know this yet, but people need you."
<3

Maybe Drago wanted to go alone, to make it clear to everyone on Berk that he was the leader, that he was the one who was in control, and to say that he himself took over Berk? ^) So, mostly just a thing about image?
My other fandoms summed up in gifs:

"You have the heart of a Hiro and the soul of a Tadashi."

TheEleventhViking
Terrible Terror

I think Drago`s army just wasn`t quick enough to get to Berk before Drago was defeated. They probably showed up at one point, but it woud give the film a very prolonged ending. Defeating Drago was the climax, when the army arrived, the dragons would just chase them away, and it would be an easy win, so they just didn`t show it in the film.

My theory ;)

HideousZippleback

[color=blue]I'm just here for Snotlout.
[/color]

Drago told his army to: "Meet {him} at Berk" so obviously he went ahead of his army with just the dragons and most likely meet up with them after the battle.