Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Lets be honest: DRAGO BLUDVIST (spoilers!)
Topic Started: 13 Jul 2014, 13:20 (3433 Views)
Dragon Girl
Gronckle

I want to kill Drago! I will let him suffer a fate worse than death! But as far as really evil villains go he takes the cake! >:(
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Zer0x

[b]Banhammerdragon
[/b]

I actually really liked Drago as a character. Okay, he is an evil villian and want to reign the world with slaved Dragons, but he's like Loki from Avengers, I just can't hate him. I would love to see more scenes with him, in general I like the badass chacters of movies, no matter if they are good or evil.
UNAMUSED

No, I'm serious....stop it..

thenightandthefury
Gronckle

I liked Drago as a villian. It sent chills down my spine when Hiccup confronted him.

As for how he controlled the bewilderbeast, an article drifting around said he found him as an egg and raised him with fear, abusing him and making him obey by force.

As Valka said "Dragons under the control of bad people do bad things, Hiccup."

So the bewilderbeast being raised to fear him as a youngster that fear grew to him obeying him. If you recall he has chain clamps on his tusks. Under Drago's influence, the bewilderbeast grew just as bitter and resentful as Drago, ultimately doing destruction under his control.

When he took control of Hookfang, it was not love there. Not at all. He made himself look big and yelled until Hookfang feared him.

It's a thing Hiccup could have done should he have gone down the wrong path. In the first movie he sees the fear in Toothless' eyes, but spares him.

While we can only imagine the horrific things he did to keep the bewilderbeast under control, we know that at some point he tried to convince the chiefs to join him to destroy dragons. Of course they laughed and he killed them all, or so he thought.

Later out of fear some must have joined him. Some say Eret was his slave, that the burn was a slave mark. Perhaps thats why a strong able man like Eret followed him.

And something interesting that I picked up on was when Drago took off his mechanical arm, showing the stub of where his arm once was.

It is revealed that the dragons took everything for him, his home, his family everything. And he grew to want revenge and had plans for it all the while after. He wanted to make people either follow him and bow down or face his wrath, as he confirmed when he told Hiccup he was a "Clever boy"

One eerie thing he said was that "You need dragons.. to kill dragons..."

Which means his ultimate goal was to wipe out dragons using his own dragon army, and then when they died they would be extinct.

My boyfriend noticed that when he got fired at his arm came off and he and the bewilderbeast fell into the water.

No confirmation that they surfaced, but none that they are dead either.

This is what I gather from him, all of which make him for a good villain with a lot deeper story yet to be told.

Faerie_Dragon
Dragon Bassist

thenightandthefury
18 Jul 2014, 19:56
One eerie thing he said was that "You need dragons.. to kill dragons..."
He said "Well, you need Dragons to conquer other Dragons."
thenightandthefury
My boyfriend noticed that when he got fired at his arm came off and he and the bewilderbeast fell into the water.
His arm didn't just come off, it was blasted off. And they didn't fall in the water, the Bewilderbeast retreated from there by swimming away.
I challenge you to be lazier than me!

Sub me. Sub me. Sub me. Sub me. Sub me. Sub me. Sub me.

thenightandthefury
Gronckle

As Hiccup would say "Thank you for summing that up."

Unlike most people I haven't seen it 5 times, only twice. So I haven't memorized every detail of it yet. They were pretty far apart and I don't have the money to see it over and over and over. So excuse me for getting some minor details wrong. =P

Faerie_Dragon
Dragon Bassist

Other things about your post.
thenightandthefury
This is what I gather from him, all of which make him for a good villain with a lot deeper story yet to be told.
I too would like to see about him ^_^ he's a great character and amazing villain.

For only seeing twice you did pretty good job at describing every Drago scene in the movie. It's cool about the minor mistakes. I corrected ya so no bother :D
I challenge you to be lazier than me!

Sub me. Sub me. Sub me. Sub me. Sub me. Sub me. Sub me.

MissunyNightFury
Escaped from an asylem

:eret:

:drago: I thought Drago was a great villain. To be honest, he reminded me of historical dictators.

"There's something you must remember when riding a dragon. There's no manual, no safety harness, no guarantees when you're on one of these beasts. All you have is the wind in your hair, and the clothes on your back. The only thing between you and that dragon is your saddle. You need to hold onto it for dear life, as that creature takes you the skies. That, is dragon riding."

Cartoon Freak
Deadly Nadder

As a character, Drago is very bland, with any interesting bits about his backstory or motivation being, pretty much by his own admission, irrelevant or bovine excrement.

As a plot device, he is considerably better, since he does accomplish a fair amount. The only bad thing of note about him in this regard is his utter stupidity at leaving Hiccup and company alive, which makes no sense. This is a guy who was entirely willing to kill people just for not following him, and he leaves people who actively resisted him alive? Why? For that matter, wasn't he trying to get Toothless to kill Hiccup in the first place?

But apart from that, he's an effective enough villain to be satisfactory overall. And I suppose the Red Death wasn't exactly the pinnacle of characterisation, either.
Number of times I've watched the trailer: 18.

My pet peeve: people who refer to complete strangers by their first name. The correct ways to refer to a "John Smith" whom you have never met are Smith, Mr Smith, or John Smith. Not "John". He's not your buddy.

Toothless123
Night Fury

MissunyNightFury
25 Jul 2014, 00:25
:eret:

:drago: I thought Drago was a great villain. To be honest, he reminded me of historical dictators.
I thought that too. One of the reasons was that when Stoick had his flashback about the chieftain's meeting he said, "he said he was a man of the people." Some dictators, such as Hitler, have probably said something similar to that.

Jill
Member Avatar
Dragon Egg

Drago is a bland and generic character.

You don't really need to look beyond the present to see the reflection of our contemporary "leaders" in Drago.