Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Eret
Topic Started: 11 Jul 2014, 12:18 (3698 Views)
Toothless123
Night Fury

Eret
11 Jul 2014, 16:12
I wonder if Valka and Eret will show up in the TV show, like in separate storylines from the main cast about their dragon saving/trapping adventures.
I really hope that will happen! :D
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

doeslingx
...and one other reason

Kit Harrington isn't too big for the show, is he? Cate Blanchett certainly is, but maybe they can find someone with a better Scottish accent to do Valka instead.
I don't have a signature, see?

Eret
....Son of Eret

doeslingx
11 Jul 2014, 16:20
Kit Harrington isn't too big for the show, is he? Cate Blanchett certainly is, but maybe they can find someone with a better Scottish accent to do Valka instead.
Actually I really can't see Cate agreeing to do the show, I just doubt she'd want to. maybe Kit would if he's not too busy with GOT, but I wouldn't count on either of them doing it honestly. Not a big deal though, I'd be happy just to see more of their characters :)

iluvhttyd
Member Avatar
Terrible Terror

I thought the show took place before HTTYD2... :eret: I wish it took place after HTTYD2 for more Eret and Valka and the challenges Hiccup will face being the chief...

WasBornCrazy
i dont think my avatar is working but ehh

I have mixed feelings about Eret. I don't know, I mean, it's like, 'We don't really need you in this story anymore, now lets give you a dead man's best friend.'.

He's a character who was supposed to be important, but turned out to be comic relief. Sad really.

The riders have known each other for years, on both good and bad terms. They've been through so many things together, and Eret comes in with a big smile and, 'Hi, I'm riding a dead chief's dragon and did I mention I used to trap dragons? Everyone loves me too!'
Quote:

I would be disappointed if he became another secondary character like gobber.
I'm extremely sorry to say, that, unfortunately, he already is a secondary character. He didn't even do much in the movie.
i'm not very active anymore!! it's sad, but i'll come back sometimes to feel nostalgic ahaha

Steve
Member Avatar
Hatchling

WasBornCrazy
20 Jan 2015, 13:30
I have mixed feelings about Eret. I don't know, I mean, it's like, 'We don't really need you in this story anymore, now lets give you a dead man's best friend.'.

He's a character who was supposed to be important, but turned out to be comic relief. Sad really.

The riders have known each other for years, on both good and bad terms. They've been through so many things together, and Eret comes in with a big smile and, 'Hi, I'm riding a dead chief's dragon and did I mention I used to trap dragons? Everyone loves me too!'
So true.

Demonwolf002
Lone Dragon

Franchising is something we've talked about some here and there as far as HTTYD is concerned, and it's been somewhat divided I would say. Personally I'm on the fence about franchising in general since most companies have no idea how to do it right at the very least, but I do think there are good ways you can franchise and still make good movies. Granted this doesn't apply to everything. Though I do think Eret could be a good example of something like this. An example being "The Adventures of Eret"(insert better creative title name here) we get to see more of the world from his perspective since it's doubtful he would stay on Berk. It's a way for creators to expand on an already created universe/world and characters. As well as try out new themes and ideas while still being somewhat familiar and potentially less risky than a brand new IP.

Actually this is something DreamWorks themselves have already done looking at "Puss in Boots". Not entirely sure what people here thought about it when it released but the general reception seemed to be that it was alright to me, and I thought it was at the very least a decent movie.Granted as a character he was way more established than Eret currently is so there is that to consider. So I'm not going to say this is the best way to franchise out, but I think it's better than trying to continue a story that already had a very satisfying conclusion to it.( or might have hopefully since we still have one more movie) Would Eret be the best character for this maybe maybe not I can't say, but it's a way to use the character instead of letting him just be completely non-existent(if people are that interested). And since everything about him is pretty much left up to imagination there's the potential for quite a bit of creativity.
See you in the skies Dragon Rider!

The Dragon Root:Thing what I wrote.

Is Toothless Evil? :Me possibly being crazy, but fun.

The BerkCast The HTTYD podcast, you should listen.

HideousZippleback

[color=blue]I'm just here for Snotlout.
[/color]

He's just another comedy character. Nothing else. I liked him before but the movie and all of it's characters have worn off on me.

MissunyNightFury
Escaped from an asylem

:eret:
Personally, I'd like to see Eret and Valka in the series.(I'm asuming the show will eventually go into the events after the second movie) I want to learn more about Eret, I thought he was a cool character!
"There's something you must remember when riding a dragon. There's no manual, no safety harness, no guarantees when you're on one of these beasts. All you have is the wind in your hair, and the clothes on your back. The only thing between you and that dragon is your saddle. You need to hold onto it for dear life, as that creature takes you the skies. That, is dragon riding."