Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Lets Discuss: VALKA'S ANONYMITY in adverts [major spoilers!]
Topic Started: 11 Jul 2014, 15:52 (2855 Views)
ACMusicVids
Hatchling

Well at the point the trailer came out, I already knew because for an interview with Gerard Butler who revealed that the mom was going to be in, and when they announced Valka as a new character it wasn't that hard to figure out.

In general I think they revealed too many clips. Not even Stoick's reaction was hidden.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Airbusjack
Dragon Egg

ACMusicVids
11 Jul 2014, 19:52
Well at the point the trailer came out, I already knew because for an interview with Gerard Butler who revealed that the mom was going to be in, and when they announced Valka as a new character it wasn't that hard to figure out.

In general I think they revealed too many clips. Not even Stoick's reaction was hidden.
Most HTTYD fans like myself don't really watch interviews, Personally i avoid them just because the voice actors end up giving away a part. or make people create speculation.

Oh Yeah. way to many clips. its like the (almost) the whole movie condensed in 10+mins?
Zer0x
11 Jul 2014, 18:32
The less you know, the better will be the experience. I wish I'd only seen the teaser and nothing else.
Me too. ive seen some trailers and when they decided to post the first 5 mins, i was like NOPE. Off with the grapevine.

Quincy Dan
11 Jul 2014, 18:26
I think the trailers should have left her anonymous. Maybe just as some lady like a mentor, but not mother.
Agreed.
MartianArchaeologist
11 Jul 2014, 18:01
Erm, since I figured it out about nine months before the movie came out (yay for pattern recognition) do people want me to keep things to myself for the next movie? Cause that's part of the fun for me, and what makes watching the movie the fifth time as fun as the first. However, if it ruins your fun, I will not post my guesses.
you can post your guesses if that is your thing, but not everybody would wanna see them, since they would rather be surprised, rather then to expect the speculation to happen.
Berserk Shieldmaiden
11 Jul 2014, 17:42
I think they should've kept Valka's identity a secret too. It would've been cooler to find out who she is while actually watching the movie. They missed a big chance for a mind blowing scene.

Hopefully Dreamworks tones it down on the sneak peeks, clips, and advance screenings next time.
Yes. Big time.

and yes, i do hope they decide to take the sneak peaks, advanced screenings, and clips from level 12 to lvl 3 or 0 if possible
"Size unknown, speed unknown. Unholy offspring of lighting and death itself. What else would you like to know about me?" ^_^

"..." :hiccup:

Zer0x

[b]Banhammerdragon
[/b]

In all clips together we've probably seen 30 minutes of the movie.
UNAMUSED

No, I'm serious....stop it..

Airbusjack
Dragon Egg

Zer0x
12 Jul 2014, 05:46
In all clips together we've probably seen 30 minutes of the movie.
wow. thats just horrible. thank goodness i avoided the clips.
"Size unknown, speed unknown. Unholy offspring of lighting and death itself. What else would you like to know about me?" ^_^

Zer0x

[b]Banhammerdragon
[/b]

Yeah, me too. I've seen only the teaser, both trailers and Ichy Armpit.

Nevertheless, I knew that Toothless would kill Stoick, became the Alpha and Valkas Bewilderbeast would die. There are just to many sites/people who haven't flagged the informations as spoiler.
UNAMUSED

No, I'm serious....stop it..

Airbusjack
Dragon Egg

Zer0x
12 Jul 2014, 08:49
Yeah, me too. I've seen only the teaser, both trailers and Ichy Armpit.

Nevertheless, I knew that Toothless would kill Stoick, became the Alpha and Valkas Bewilderbeast would die. There are just to many sites/people who haven't flagged the informations as spoiler.
I saw the teaser, ichy aim pit and the first theatrical trailer.

Thats horrible! :O

RealHousewifeofBerk
"You don't know this yet, but people need you."
<3

I saw one review saying that they didnt think it was that smart of a move before seeing the movie, but after watching it and seeing
Spoiler: click to toggle
, they actually thought it was smarter because that was an even bigger spoiler and that it would have been too much to shock the audience with the fact that his mother's still alive, and then the minute they start to get used to that, *BOOM* another shock. But I don't know, maybe double shock would have made the emotions more powerful, or maybe it would have been too much for audiences to digest all at once, and then the movie could have been panned for being too unpredictable and haphazard? I can definitely see both sides to that. :/
My other fandoms summed up in gifs:

"You have the heart of a Hiro and the soul of a Tadashi."

Eret
....Son of Eret

RealHousewifeofBerk
13 Jul 2014, 22:24
I saw one review saying that they didnt think it was that smart of a move before seeing the movie, but after watching it and seeing
Spoiler: click to toggle
, they actually thought it was smarter because that was an even bigger spoiler and that it would have been too much to shock the audience with the fact that his mother's still alive, and then the minute they start to get used to that, *BOOM* another shock. But I don't know, maybe double shock would have made the emotions more powerful, or maybe it would have been too much for audiences to digest all at once, and then the movie could have been panned for being too unpredictable and haphazard? I can definitely see both sides to that. :/

I don't know if I agree with that reviewer that the shock of Stoick's death makes up for the fact that we weren't shocked by Valka. They're timed so far apart in the movie that the two plot twists wouldn't be stepping on each others toes, I think. The only way revealing Valka could have been a good thing is if there was another plot twist involving her, like if it turned out she was lying or something. But there wasn't, because just the fact that she showed up at all should have been shocking, but unfortunately it wasn't because they spoiled it.