Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
15 Things You May Not Have Noticed In the Movie...
Topic Started: 11 Jul 2014, 19:50 (1846 Views)
thenightandthefury
Gronckle

Things I am hoping/expecting will be explained are (slight spoilers if you didn't pay attention to the film or didn't see it yet)

Please note I picked up on these and this is called subliminal messaging. Things you typically don't notice that could be a hint to something else. Took me twice seeing the film to pick up on all these. If you haven't seen the film, don't read past this point. Thanks!

1. Hiccups flight suite and fire sword; how they were invented, what all the gadgets do on his suite and what all the fire sword can do. On his suite gadgets, one looks like a home made pencil with maybe sap or something for ink, sharpened by a knife with each use... which he has in a different belt slot. Another looks like a compass. As for his fire sword, it is shown when he is with his mother that he can take off the top and spread the gas, lighting it and using it in other ways as well. Are there any other hidden uses? How did he come to invent all this stuff? Also I'd like to see how he figured out Toothlesss's saliva could be used as glue.

2. His new foot. Very brief scene that showed he has a switch to switch it from a flight foot to a walking foot. I'd like to see how he invented it and what else it can do, if anything.

3. Of course, how Hiccup went from shy and crushing on Astrid to having the courage to casually kiss her, being almost like a boyfriend to her.

4. "That's my future daughter in law!" By Stoick. I would like to see if Hiccup proposed in the series, or hinted that they would be married soon, or if this is just some assumption by his dad during their "talk."

5. I would like to see the "big talk" Stoick gives Hiccup, though this will probably be at the end of the series. This would likely involve becoming Chief, and possibly being pressured to marry someone soon

6. No one picked up on this but me, I think, but during the clip when Hiccup is reuniting with his mother, just as she goes to draw in the snow, he mentions another girl he met, though it is hard to hear through the music. I can't find a clip of it, but if you happen to see the movie again listen closely when Hiccup is talking to his mother. He mentions "Meeting a girl on dragon island" Though this could refer to Heather.

7. Toothless' new tail. I would hope that is further explained in the series.

8. All the places Toothless and Hiccup explored; after all their map had grown to a big map, so I would think there had been lots of exploring. I would also like to see how he came to have the idea to have the map.

9. Dragon racing; how it was invented. (though that might be answered in the dragons short "How to train your dragon: Dawn of the dragon racer" available with the movie and sound track on itunes, and likely with the DVD and blue-ray too.)

10. How Berk came to invent all the necassary things at the beginning of the film, like fire prevention, feeding stations, perches in every different place, the new stadium for dragon racing, the dragon stables, etc, and how everyone in berk came to get their own dragons, the change in the way they lived and learned to accept them.

11. Physical growth with the characters. I'd really like to see Hiccup go from awkward kid to gangly and awkward teenager to hot 20 year old. Particularly I'd just like to see him at that "awkward stage" stuck between kid and adult.

12. All the new moves Hiccup tries with Toothless, like Toothless learning to fly on his own. (It was mentioned "you wanna give this another shot?" which implies that wasn't the first time Toothless had flown/glided on his own. I'd really like to see the first time it happened, and see if Toothless is excited, or scared, or how he reacts to first being able to fly on his own again, as he seems to be more relaxed in the film about it)

13. How Snotlout and Fishlegs grew to crush on Ruffnut. Particularly how Snotlout got over Astrid, heartbroken and all, and grew to crush on Ruffnut.

14. "She's my princess; what she wants she gets." "Snotlout! Didn't Ruffnut try to bury you alive?!" "Only for a few hours!" I would really like to see this scene. XD

15. And of course, more Stoick/Hiccup moments and how they interacted up until the movie, how Hiccup looked up to him but feared he could never be like him. Perhaps a few heartwarming moments.

Other things I am hoping to see:

A. Gustav, Heather, and Thornado. I'd love to see them return for the series and see how they've grown

B. Some sort of other girl crush with Hiccup. We all know most of us don't just stick to one person the entire time. We all get crushes on more then one person, even if we know the person who is really meant for us has been there the whole time. Basic teenage stuff... Soo.. I'd like to see Hiccup meet other girls, possibly the return of Heather, get flirted with and maybe flirt back, but still choose Astrid over them.

Can't think of anything else, but those are some things I would like to see!
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Zer0x

[b]Banhammerdragon
[/b]

Moved to the "Post-Movie Discussion Sub-Forum".
UNAMUSED

No, I'm serious....stop it..

WasBornCrazy
i dont think my avatar is working but ehh

thenightandthefury
11 Jul 2014, 23:50
"She's my princess; what she wants she gets." "Snotlout! Didn't Ruffnut try to bury you alive?!" "Only for a few hours!" I would really like to see this scene. XD
That was in DoB, 'The Flight Stuff'.

I'm interested in Hiccstrid's relationship more than anything else.

i'm not very active anymore!! it's sad, but i'll come back sometimes to feel nostalgic ahaha

draco
mystery dragon, pic drawn by night fury fire. Thank you :)

Good list.
But hiccup and Astrid are boyfriend and girlfriend.
Dragons, need I say more.

Hiccup, chief of berc, dragon master.
Toothless, alpha dragon.
You and me bud we can do this, as one.
It's just a zipple misunderstanding
I like a pit, but I love a boar pit.
i am hurt,I am very much hurt.

httyd2-9764
Member Avatar
Dragon Egg

Quote:

6. No one picked up on this but me, I think, but during the clip when Hiccup is reuniting with his mother, just as she goes to draw in the snow, he mentions another girl he met, though it is hard to hear through the music. I can't find a clip of it, but if you happen to see the movie again listen closely when Hiccup is talking to his mother. He mentions "Meeting a girl on dragon island" Though this could refer to Heather.
He actually isn't talking about a girl, the line he says is "And then from Dragon Island, I found this archipelago..." He was trying to show his mom the different places he found and mapped out before he looked up and saw her little drawing in the snow. xD

NightoftheFury
Shhh...Toothless is watching

Quote:

10. How Berk came to invent all the necassary things at the beginning of the film, like fire prevention, feeding stations, perches in every different place, the new stadium for dragon racing, the dragon stables, etc, and how everyone in berk came to get their own dragons, the change in the way they lived and learned to accept them.
I think its safe to say that 90% of all of those inventions were of Hiccups Design. The rest 10% Gobber + anyone else who had ideas. We see Hiccup make innovation for himself, like his flight suit, so its only logical that he came up with them as time when on.

One day a fire broke out and Hiccup must have been like, we should have a system to deliver water, and oh why not a gravity fed aqueduct system....

And Hiccup already had perch designs from before; he might have just remade them in wood ;)

iluvhttyd
Member Avatar
Terrible Terror

Quote:

5. I would like to see the "big talk" Stoick gives Hiccup, though this will probably be at the end of the series. This would likely involve becoming Chief, and possibly being pressured to marry someone soon

And by that you mean like during a flashback?

Eret
....Son of Eret

iluvhttyd
29 Jul 2014, 20:41
Quote:

And by that you mean like during a flashback?
It wouldn't need to be a flashback, since the 3rd season is set before the second movie.

iluvhttyd
Member Avatar
Terrible Terror

Oh...well...I'm probably going to cry a lot...because Stoick is there...alive...