Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Audience reactions
Topic Started: 14 Jul 2014, 13:56 (9590 Views)
Dragon's Apprentice
Mr. Potato Sandwich

Night fury fire
14 Jul 2014, 17:03
Both times I've watched it, I loved the cries of disgust when cloudjumper regurgitated the fish heads and toothless slurped them up. I often love gross but funny scenes like that. I think I must have been one of the few people who was laughing their heads off during that scene :P
lol- i was at the cinema an hour ago and was about to post the same thing XD
"I was so afraid of becoming my dad. Mostly because I thought I never could. How do you become someone that great, that brave, that selfless? I guess you can only try."</3
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

MartianArchaeologist
Member Avatar
Gronckle

I'm at the point in my life (Finally!) where I have some disposable income, so for two of the showings I attended, I took some kids who really could not have afforded to buy first-run tickets to the theater on their own. Some of these kids have immense artistic, writing, or performing talent, and from their comments leaving the theater, I fully expect to see some of the work that Dragons inspired on the screen or in games, about fifteen years from now.

Passing the torch :: bows to Dean ::

dragons_ind
My avatar just got 20% Cooler

Instead of sharing audience reaction, i'm sharing my watching stories. And sorry for bad english or grammar

I was very excited to see the premiere. When i went to my first watch in 13 June, my heart was beating very fast, and it never stop to hard beat in every seconds i watch the movie. The scene where hiccup confronts drago giving me a little heart attack, and then i cried in stoick's ship scene. I feel the movie was very fast, so i watch it again 30 minutes after i came out of the cinema.

In my second watch, on my left side there's a man with his wife and i think this man is httyd fans. His wife asking lot about httyd, like "Who is she?" refering to Gothi, and what is hers role, and many more.

My third watch is tomorrow after my second watch (14 June). My friends are planning to watch this and i join them. Among them, there's otaku guy, and disney guy. Before we are going to watch, we buy some snacks and found there's free toothless toy if we buy snacks in bundle. I was ran out of money, so i borrow some from my friend. Then we're going to watch. When first five minutes in the movie, my disney friend say "Disney movies are better than this.", then i say "Just wait 'till you finished watch this." And yes, he commented "This movie is mainly good.", then i say in my mind "Of course! This is the best movie ever!". My otaku friend suddenly became fan of Astrid.

In my fourth watch, the audience doesn't really respond very well, the same thing goes with my fifth watch.

But in my sixth watch, the audience respond very well. They all are laughing, especially when ruffnut fall and lout and legs catches her. When stoick sees valka in the cave, someone said "Uh oh, he's falling. he's falling" which is funny for me. This is my viewing with best audience, we all are laughed, shocked, and some of us are cried, including me.

My seventh watch just like the fourth and fifth. But this time is my best viewing experience, the sound and screen are the best. The audience doesn't laughed very much when ruffnut is falling, laugh is not as much as my sixth watch.

Well, that's my watching stories, and sorry for bad english / grammar
Ninety-nine buckets of fireworms on the wall, ninety-nine buckets of worms! Take one down, pass it around, you got ninety-eight buckets of fireworms on the wall....................... Forty-one buckets of fireworms on the wall, forty-one buckets of worms! Take one down, pass it around, you got forty buckets of fireworms on the wall..........- one bucket of worms! Take one down, pass it around, you got zero buckets of fireworms on the waaaaaaaaaallllllllllllll.

dorcas18
Dragon Egg

dragons_ind
18 Jul 2014, 05:58
My third watch is tomorrow after my second watch (14 June). My friends are planning to watch this and i join them. Among them, there's otaku guy, and disney guy... When first five minutes in the movie, my disney friend say "Disney movies are better than this.", then i say "Just wait 'till you finished watch this." And yes, he commented "This movie is mainly good.", then i say in my mind "Of course! This is the best movie ever!". My otaku friend suddenly became fan of Astrid.
High five, my Hooligan friend!
I've also been trying to get people to like httyd~ I also had a disney fan who wasn't willing to watch the httyd 2 with me (same attitude like your friend before). However, she likes listening to the orchestra, so recently I showed her a youtube clip of the httyd part in Hollywood in Vienna 2011. She instantly fell in love with the score, and without further promoting, she eagerly asked what animation that music piece was related to and she wanted to watch it (the first movie, of course) ~ Go Powell Power! ^_^

Every bucket is unique, observe and you will see~

RealHousewifeofBerk
"You don't know this yet, but people need you."
<3

I've only seen it once, but it was on the first day it was out, at least here in America. I'd say I was the oldest person there who wasn't a parent accompanying a little kid. During the scene where Valka shows up for the first time still masked and takes Hiccup back to the island, some idiot near the back called out "It's his mom. It's his mom." about ten times, and that kind of pissed me off. >:( On the way out, I overheard one mom asking her son, who was probably about five, "What did you think of the movie?" "It was sad." "Really? Was it sad when the daddy died?"
That's all I remember for sure, but I went back to the theater, (it's a very small theater in a small town) about a week later to see Maleficent, and there was an elderly couple ahead of us in line and they asked for two to see How to Train Your Dragon. It made my heart swell with joy. ^_^
My other fandoms summed up in gifs:

"You have the heart of a Hiro and the soul of a Tadashi."

AndyMay

[b]
[color=#d51c1c]The Lemon God
[/color]
[/b]

The three weirdos around me were all crying. Freaks...

:P
Top Poester for 6 Months Award :D

micromys
Cathartes Aura

Saw it for a fourth time today, and while we were walking to the theatre an employee asked us which movie we were seeing, and we told him.

Employee: Oh, that's a great one. You're going to love it.
Me: Oh, haha, I know. Fourth time.
Employee: Really?!
Friend: Third for me.
Friend #2: Second for me, and all of this is her fault. (Said while pointing to me, ha.)
Employee: Wow, you must have a lot of money for all these tickets. But I understand, it's a really great film!

And even though I've been going since opening night, today had the most people in the theatre. Lots of kids. A couple of kids got a bit rowdy, and it was funny to see the parents try desperately to shush them because they were clearly interested in what was going on and wanted to keep watching.

My friends and I always applaud at the end, but today there were a bunch of people in the back who applauded even longer than we did.

dragons_ind
My avatar just got 20% Cooler

micromys
20 Jul 2014, 07:52
Saw it for a fourth time today, and while we were walking to the theatre an employee asked us which movie we were seeing, and we told him.

Employee: Oh, that's a great one. You're going to love it.
Me: Oh, haha, I know. Fourth time.
Employee: Really?!
Friend: Third for me.
Friend #2: Second for me, and all of this is her fault. (Said while pointing to me, ha.)
Employee: Wow, you must have a lot of money for all these tickets. But I understand, it's a really great film!

And even though I've been going since opening night, today had the most people in the theatre. Lots of kids. A couple of kids got a bit rowdy, and it was funny to see the parents try desperately to shush them because they were clearly interested in what was going on and wanted to keep watching.

My friends and I always applaud at the end, but today there were a bunch of people in the back who applauded even longer than we did.
Well, I kinda sharing my story, again.

Haha, your story almost same with my fifth watch. I planned to watch in 3D in my fourth watch, yesterday before that day, i check the website and see that 3D is still avaliable. But how unlucky i am, I go to the cinema and see that 3D version has taken down, replaced by Lay the Favourite. So i just watch the 2D version (4th watch). After that, i still depressed about the 3D version, so i go to another cinema to watch again. Well, i buy the ticket for my fifth watch and i with the cashier had conversation

Cashier (C) : So why you want to watch this?
Me : Well, for me this is the best movie of all time. And this is my fifth watch.
C : Really? You're not kidding right?
M : No, this really my fifth watch!
C : Wow, why you would watch this up to five times?
M : I've been waiting this about 2 years, and i dont wanna lose chance to watch this as long this movie avaliable.
C : Hhmm, have you seen the 3D version?
M : No. Actually, i went to another cinema 3 hours ago to watch the 3D version, but the 3D version already taken down. I really sad. I checked in the website yesterday and found that 3D version's still avaliable.
C : Well, if you want to see movie schedule for tomorrow, you should check it in the newspape. Our website only inform the schedule for that day. I've seen the 3D version in midnight watch.
M : Wow, lucky you. Being able to see the 3D version at a week earlier before premiere. I just... jealous.
C : Yeah, and good luck with your fifth watch!
M : Hehe, thanks. Goodbye! (and i enter the cinema)

Well, in here the premiere is at 13 June, and a week before that, the midnight watch avaliable just for a time. I checked the website that day (a week before premiere) in around 9pm and found that midnight watch is avaliable and no information about that. i pretty sad that i missed that chance.
Spoiler: click to toggle
Well, english isn't my native language, so sorry for bad english or grammar error :D
Ninety-nine buckets of fireworms on the wall, ninety-nine buckets of worms! Take one down, pass it around, you got ninety-eight buckets of fireworms on the wall....................... Forty-one buckets of fireworms on the wall, forty-one buckets of worms! Take one down, pass it around, you got forty buckets of fireworms on the wall..........- one bucket of worms! Take one down, pass it around, you got zero buckets of fireworms on the waaaaaaaaaallllllllllllll.

SplashTheScauldron
Most inactive ass in the fandom

1: I went into my first viewing with my toothles plushie and like 5 people asked me where they can buy the plushie XD

2: Dad wasn't able to stop laughting sounded a bit hysterical after the first Ruffret scence XD

3: The poor woman behind me cried so hard after stoicks dead, harder than me. It was really sad :(
Yes, I ship Dagur and Hiccup.

I apologize for cringy posts I made some years ago

micromys
Cathartes Aura

This is SORT of the audience, I mean, it was my parents, haha.

I was actually really nervous about taking my parents to see it, especially my mother, who hates animation and fantasy. But to my surprise, they both thought it was great and better than the first -- including my mom, who kept saying "They were like real people!" (She has a tendency to think that any character in fantasy/sci fi/animation will not be written like an actual human being with actual human being emotions).

And then she made the mistake of asking me about it in the car and my answers were very... lengthy, whoops. My sister said "Oh god stop asking her things"

I'm sorry about my HTTYD feelings!