Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Audience reactions
Topic Started: 10 Sep 2014, 14:06 (9616 Views)
Pikey
Wow!

Resist temptation to gloat? :P
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

ChinesischSchluckauf

[b]
[color=blue]Shut up, Mokuba!
[/color]
[/b]

Only audience experience I had was
Spoiler: click to toggle

Shortly after the movie, somebody asked me, "Don't you find it a little childish?" I just stared at him like, "You can't be serious... :ermm: "
Did anybody else notice my signature has shrunk?

VampireAngel91
Dragon Egg

The best reaction happened when I went for my second viewing:

Hiccup: *Pulls out Inferno and lights it on Eret's ship*

Little boy behind me: Is that a lightsaber?!

Me: *laughs quietly* :)

hcsp1
My only master is the free wind

Okay, so first time, opening day, I saw it with my friends. As soon as we come up to the register to get our tickets they decide to troll me:

Friend 1: You know what? Let's see "Jump Street" instead.
Me: :O + >:(
All Friends: *Laughing*
Friend 2: You almost gave him a heart attack!

To be clear about this, all of the friends I went with love HTTYD. One of them even got the art book for the second movie(Which he let me skim through) and they all loved the movie. NO NEED TO HATE ON THEM BECAUSE OF A JOKE(Putting that out there for safty).

Now, this second case of the day 1 viewing is not really related to HTTYD but it's so funny I have to tell this:
Me and my friends were hanging around in the mall conected to the teather because we had something like 45 minutes before the movie began and after some time I had to use the restrooms. So I go there and when I'm about to close the door, 2 guys there were just talking about the new "Godzilla" movie that came out, and 1 of them told the other about the older "Godzilla" films which he said were Chinese. As a somewhat fan of the king of the monsters, I quickly opened the door I just closed and told him "Their Japanese, not Chinese" and closed the door again. That was one of the most random things I have ever done in my life. Hype for a movie does that I guess...

Each time everyone also gasped when Stoick died. I think I gasped as well because I didn't see it coming, nor the way it was pulled off. Also, everyone cheered once the movie ended so that's something.

Pikey
Wow!

hcsp1
09 Oct 2014, 09:55
To be clear about this, all of the friends I went with love HTTYD. One of them even got the art book for the second movie(Which he let me skim through) and they all loved the movie. NO NEED TO HATE ON THEM BECAUSE OF A JOKE(Putting that out there for safty).
Kill them al...

Ah well that's okay then. :ermm:
hcsp1
09 Oct 2014, 09:55
Each time everyone also gasped when Stoick died. I think I gasped as well because I didn't see it coming, nor the way it was pulled off. Also, everyone cheered once the movie ended so that's something.
We thought he'd come in to protect like he usually does without coming off too damaged, guess we were wrong with that one. :O

Cassy2277
Hatchling

The only reaction I heard, besides laughter, was a girl a few seats down. With Stoick's scene I heard her friend say "Are you crying?" she said no, but of course she was!

Personally I believe everyone that saw me was talking about me when they got out of the theater.

Not only was I sobbing through the ENTIRE movie, I was leaning on my knees the whole time (my theater changed its seats to leather, I don't like the feeling and it grosses me out with germs). So when the movie ended and I sat up straight my left arm and legs were numb.
After a few minutes I got up and walked through the isle and got soooooo dizzy I grabbed onto the isle bar on the steps and held onto it for like 20 seconds. The girl who went with me ask me if I was alright!

I can laugh about it now! :D

BirdyTheBrave
I like big books and I cannot lie.

IDK if this counts as audience reactions, but my friend and I were on the bus on the way home from school, and of course we were talking about dragons. Then suddenly, the guy behind us leans forward and is like: "Oh, How To Train Your Dragon 2? That film was really good. I cried a little when the dad died."

And my friend and I just turned around and looked at him like wtf? That's the first time I've heard a guy openly say he cried in a movie. We now hang out with him at lunchtime. It was a bit of a relief too, because I went with my other friend and her brother, and all through Stoick's funeral when I was crying like a loser, he was laughing and dabbing his eyes with water, so I completely went completely rage at him afterwards.

And at my second viewing there were a couple of teenagers up the back of the cinema who were laughing and aaawwwing at all the appropriate moments in the Hiccstrid scene at the start. I was like "Oh my gods, you guys are my new best friends."
Update guys: It's party time with Joe.

Pikey
Wow!

BirdyTheBrave
11 Oct 2014, 07:02
Then suddenly, the guy behind us leans forward and is like: "Oh, How To Train Your Dragon 2? That film was really good. I cried a little when the dad died." That's the first time I've heard a guy openly say he cried in a movie.
Yes, but you're forgetting the part where he *actually* cried manly tears, it's a sign of honour. :P

Greyliminator
Small home repairs viking

Pikey
11 Oct 2014, 10:21
BirdyTheBrave
Then suddenly, the guy behind us leans forward and is like: "Oh, How To Train Your Dragon 2? That film was really good. I cried a little when the dad died." That's the first time I've heard a guy openly say he cried in a movie.
Yes, but you're forgetting the part where he *actually* cried manly tears, it's a sign of honour. :P
Like Snotlout in the movie! I could barely keep myself from crying but I did. I cried from the inside though.. Manly tears as well ;) At the end I cried even harder: the movie was over! :'(
Um.. Hi?

Pikey
Wow!

Greyliminator
11 Oct 2014, 18:54
Pikey
11 Oct 2014, 10:21
BirdyTheBrave
Like Snotlout in the movie! I could barely keep myself from crying but I did. I cried from the inside though.. Manly tears as well ;) At the end I cried even harder: the movie was over! :'(
I absolutely wanted to shed a couple manly tears but, watching with my sister, I would never hear the end of it. :P