Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Audience reactions
Topic Started: 24 Aug 2014, 15:02 (9645 Views)
Pakba
Member Avatar
Terrible Terror

Inconsiderate audiences are exactly the reasons why I can never ever enjoy any movie in any theater.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

micromys
Cathartes Aura

Aw, I like being part of an audience -- though of course, I'm hoping people behave themselves! My friend and I actually went around L.A. looking for the busiest theatres so we could rewatch the movie with the most people (and kids!) because it's fun to watch them.

I saw it for the sixth time today, and was glad to see a full theatre. Lots of kids, too. There was definitely crying from the adults -- it started at Valka and Stoick's reunion and just intensified from there!

TheBlackFluffyThing
Terrible Terror

The second time I watched this movie, I was about to buy a ticket, when an older woman (about 50 or older) came in with a 4 or 5 year old girl.
The woman said to the girl: "How about we watch that movie about dragons? It looks like a great movie."
I overheard this and told her: "Yes, it's a wonderful movie. I'm watching it for the second time now."
Woman to kid: "Did you hear this? It's a good one."
Girl: "No, I want to see Tinkerbell!"
Woman: "But you've watched it over 10 times now."
Girl: "TINKERBELL!"
Woman to me: "Well, I can't help it. How about I let her watch Tinkerball alone and join you in watching How to Train your Dragon."
Girl: No, grandma. You have to come with me to watch Tinkerbell."
Woman to me: "At least I tried."

That woman has a better taste of movies than her grandchild. :)

Night Fury: The unholy offspring of lightning and death itself.

Estae
Dragons!

I took my dad and my siblings to see it with me... on Fathers day.

That said, I was quite flustered and embarrassed at the end of it all. We didn't even go out to dinner that was planned after to movie. :blink:

Though I still loved it, and so did my younger siblings. My youngest brother who's 8 thought that some of the scenes were particularly scary, and was covering his eyes in the theater. Though sometime after the movie he recovered and has now (unknowingly) joined the httyd fandom.

-dragon-racers on tumblr *Not a spoiler-free blog.

WasBornCrazy
i dont think my avatar is working but ehh

Lets see....

Buying tickets:

Person next to me: Aren't you a bit old for kid's movies?

Me: >:( STFU

In cinemas with friend:
Person: Hey kids, mind if you move down a row.
Me: But I want full view!

During their reunion:
Kid: Mummy, they're kissing. It's disgusting.. EWW.
Me: Would you please enjoy the movie!

Stoick's death:
The whole audience: *sob*
One kid: THIS IS SCARY. I WANT TO GO HOME.

Hiccstrid kiss at the end:
All the under 10 year olds: EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.
ME: WOULD YOU BE QUIET AND ENJOY THE FLIPPING MOVIE?!

Yeah, my 2nd theatre experience did not go well.
i'm not very active anymore!! it's sad, but i'll come back sometimes to feel nostalgic ahaha

dorcas18
Dragon Egg

WasBornCrazy
07 Sep 2014, 08:17
Lets see....

Buying tickets:

Person next to me: Aren't you a bit old for kid's movies?

Me: >:( STFU

In cinemas with friend:
Person: Hey kids, mind if you move down a row.
Me: But I want full view!

During their reunion:
Kid: Mummy, they're kissing. It's disgusting.. EWW.
Me: Would you please enjoy the movie!

Stoick's death:
The whole audience: *sob*
One kid: THIS IS SCARY. I WANT TO GO HOME.

Hiccstrid kiss at the end:
All the under 10 year olds: EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.
ME: WOULD YOU BE QUIET AND ENJOY THE FLIPPING MOVIE?!

Yeah, my 2nd theatre experience did not go well.
Totally feel for you bro/sis. I had a similar experiences as well.
When I went to China to watch httyd 2 in IMAX, this kid that sat on our row was laughing during the scene of Stoick's death. He said something like "Serves him right, haha". And the most horrid thing was, his parents didn't stop him, instead, they laughed with him through out the show.... Can't believe that people without conscience would ever exist. >:( But to be honest, I blame the parents more. >:(

Every bucket is unique, observe and you will see~

Pikey
Wow!

Sounds like you guys had some bad luck with some of the viewings, luckily I live in an area where anyone going to see the later night viewings of animated films are people who don't make a racket.

There was hardly anyone there when I went (around 9 or 10pm I think), and we had awesome seats too.

I couldn't tell you the reactions other than my sister liked it, as did my brother (though he didn't expect it to be so 'dark'). :P

Toothless123
Night Fury

My cousin said it was better that he thought it would be. I noticed he was covering his face up with his knees at Stoick's funeral. He's too tough (although I disagree :P ) to admit it, though, but I saw him... :P

Pikey
Wow!

He wasn't crying, just chopping onions.

RealHousewifeofBerk
"You don't know this yet, but people need you."
<3

On June 13th, the day I saw the movie, my parents were going to go with me, but just a few hours before, my stepmom said "You can go watch the movie, your father and I are going to see Edge of Tomorrow instead, because I don't think he can sit through an hour and a half of Dragons." because my dad doesn't like any movies that border near comedy, or that go 30 minutes without something exploding, and my stepmom has a huge crush on Tom Cruise. I didn't really mind that they weren't coming, I kind of wanted to see it alone anyways. When we got out of the movies, she told me that the movie "gave her nightmares" and "PTSD", but the worst part was that "The guy and the girl didn't even get together!" She said that about 15 minutes into the movie, she asked my dad if they could go see Maleficent instead (My stepmother, though against most fantasy things, does like the very specific genre of twisted fairy tales.), but he was like, "No, we already paid for this, we have to watch this." Then she said she wishes she saw the movie with me.

I win. 8)

Not really a reaction, I know, but I just thought it was something funny to share.
My other fandoms summed up in gifs:

"You have the heart of a Hiro and the soul of a Tadashi."