Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Audience reactions
Topic Started: 13 Jul 2014, 01:37 (9417 Views)
micromys
Cathartes Aura

One of the reasons I try to go see the films I love in theatres multiple times is because I love to watch the reactions of people who are seeing it for the first time. So, I'm just kind of curious if anyone has any audience stories from the times they've gone? Putting it in the spoiler section just because sometimes reactions are very scene-specific, haha.

For instance, today I saw it for the third time, and as I was getting my ticket, I noticed a very small boy watching me from the next window.

Boy: Mom, it's another one for dragons!
Mom: Yes, it's popular today.
Me: Yep, third time too. ;)
Boy: :O
Mom: [to boy] You know what that means? We picked the right movie.

I ran into them again in the restrooms after, and the boy was chattering excitedly.

Mom: Yes, Brandon, that was a very good movie! I think I'll even go see it again!

Go dragon mom, you made my day.

There was also an older woman sitting in front of us who was dying over all of Ruffnut's scenes.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

draco
mystery dragon, pic drawn by night fury fire. Thank you :)

That was a cool story.
Dragons, need I say more.

Hiccup, chief of berc, dragon master.
Toothless, alpha dragon.
You and me bud we can do this, as one.
It's just a zipple misunderstanding
I like a pit, but I love a boar pit.
i am hurt,I am very much hurt.

Whitefang
twelve days north of hopeless

Haha, that's awesome xD

There was a lady in the theater the fourth time I saw it who was laughing hysterically at Astrid's impression of Hiccup and all of the Ruffnut scenes.

The last time I saw it there was a little boy who kept asking his father, "When can we leave?" and the theater was practically full of kids who all seemed to want to be anywhere but there (they were all young, probably 4 at the oldest), and one girl was screeching during two scenes,
Spoiler: click to toggle
But every other time I went the audience generally seemed to enjoy it. :)
Find me on tumblr and deviantart!
I have been here an embarrassingly long time

8)

micromys
Cathartes Aura

Whitefang
13 Jul 2014, 05:49
Haha, that's awesome xD

There was a lady in the theater the fourth time I saw it who was laughing hysterically at Astrid's impression of Hiccup and all of the Ruffnut scenes.

The last time I saw it there was a little boy who kept asking his father, "When can we leave?" and the theater was practically full of kids who all seemed to want to be anywhere but there (they were all young, probably 4 at the oldest), and one girl was screeching during two scenes,
Spoiler: click to toggle
But every other time I went the audience generally seemed to enjoy it. :)
That reminds me, there was a little boy today who was sitting right behind me who turned around and hid his face in his seat from Stoick's death all through the funeral. When things perked up again with the baby dragons he slowly came back around, poor little guy, haha.

mr.k.c.w.
Dragon fan in Hong Kong
[b](Above this title is a very dorky Hiccup.)
[/b]

Last Wednesday, I went to see HTTYD2 with all the Secondary 2 students in my school because of a school activity. For some reason, during the scene where Stoick reunites with Valka and the scene after ‘Flying With Mother’ played, they were laughing at the interactions between the characters, or at least, what I think it is. Otherwise, I have no idea why they were laughing. I don’t think those scene where meant to have too much comedic value. But now that I think about it, if you were in the wrong frame of mind, that would pretty funny...
Nothing is in this signature, except this sentence describing that there is nothing in this signature.

Seriously, I, [INSERT USERNAME HERE] have nothing to say here. Continue on with your viewing of not-so regularly scheduled posts.

[INSERT CALMING, SUITABLE FOR READING MUSIC]

Sorry to interrupt, I just wanna say....uh...what was I trying to say again? Never mind, continue reading.

Rocky Rose
Deadly Nadder

The second time I saw HTTYD2 it was an evening showing and most of the theater was crowded (it was still opening day) I didn't pay much attention to the audiences reaction kept that there was ALOT of applause as the credits rolled....

the last time I saw it- which was a night time showing, a little boy and his mom were somewhere in front of us in the theater and we talked for a bit after the movie (I had every reason to hold off going home anyways because- Mildew got Alvin to attack my old laptop because well.. *Another story* )

And the first time I saw it I stuck around until the credits ended and another few people were walking in for the next showing...

"I saw him, and I saw myself."- Hiccup
"With Vikings on the backs of dragons, the world just got a whole lot bigger."

Addicted to DRAGONS :D

My Devianart
My Tumblr (I'm on there ALOT) Nightfury326

Toothless123
Night Fury

When I got to see HTTYD 2 again today with my cousin (yay! :D ) I'll post his and other people's reactions. :D

doeslingx
...and one other reason

My third viewing was a weekend afternoon showing on a rainy dad, so it was pretty crowded with kids and parents. There were a few quieter moments when I got kind of annoyed with all the shuffling and rustling, but during the funeral scene the whole cinema was eeriely quiet, except for some muffled sobbing. It was really... respectful, in a weird way.

Dunno if that counts, but it definitely struck me.
I don't have a signature, see?

BerserkDragon
antisocial british nerd with a youtube channel

I was sitting through the end credits, listening to the music, and two girls in front started gossiping >:( I didn't say it out loud because it would have been rude but I desperately wanted to say "EXCUSE ME, HOOLIGAN TRYING TO LISTEN TO THE FEELS, HERE!"
Me? An otaku? Pfff.

Yes I do like dragons if you're wondering. Doesn't seem like it from my profile pic n signature, I know, but I do.

HTTYD PT
Gronckle

Was sitting in the movie there and I think the room was there a child sitting and always question something like:

why that lady (valk) is dressed that way?
there was one that the audience laughing with teh question she did:
why that girl (Ruffnut) is witch?
 everyone in the room started laughing.
after that her mother and her left after that I think it was all quiet.