Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Edit: China! HTTYD2 International success
Topic Started: 16 Jul 2014, 11:39 (5219 Views)
MartianArchaeologist
Member Avatar
Gronckle

Night fury fire
16 Jul 2014, 10:53
Why Ireland why? Everyone over here is watching mrs browns boys which is supposed to be a bunch of sh*t, oh and the fault in our stars. I hate Ireland
I had to look up that movie and wow... :O I'm going to have to agree with your opinion here...
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Dragon's Apprentice
Mr. Potato Sandwich

Night fury fire
16 Jul 2014, 10:53
Why Ireland why? Everyone over here is watching mrs browns boys which is supposed to be a bunch of sh*t, oh and the fault in our stars. I hate Ireland
well it's not like all 4/5 million of us pitched in to help out :unsure:

but i do get a good laugh out of the show *hanging my head in shame*

HTTYD is obviously the better movie though ^_^
"I was so afraid of becoming my dad. Mostly because I thought I never could. How do you become someone that great, that brave, that selfless? I guess you can only try."</3

NightoftheFury
Shhh...Toothless is watching

Quote:

Quote:

I had to look up that movie and wow... :O I'm going to have to agree with your opinion here...
Wow how the heck is everyone watching that movie :O
3.9 on imdb and 10% rotten tomatoes... Nasty. People need to get their priorities stright -_- because not only is httyd2 92% on rotten tomatoes but also...HELLO DRAGONS!!!!!!!! ;)

HaddocksOrTails
Member Avatar
Gronckle

Eh, I live in one of the biggest cities in the UK, and I went to see Dragons twice, once on the Father's Day pre-screening and once on the 10th and the movie was both times literally empty (which I didn't mind at all, but still...).
But I dunno, I blame it on the weather, it's far too good and I'm guessing that parents take their kids outdoors and not to the cinema.

Anyways, does anyone know when they stop screening it? I wanted to go and watch it again but I won't have time to do that in the next two weeks.
https://www.fanfiction.net/~haddocksortails

Rocky Rose
Deadly Nadder

HaddocksOrTails
17 Jul 2014, 22:22
Eh, I live in one of the biggest cities in the UK, and I went to see Dragons twice, once on the Father's Day pre-screening and once on the 10th and the movie was both times literally empty (which I didn't mind at all, but still...).
But I dunno, I blame it on the weather, it's far too good and I'm guessing that parents take their kids outdoors and not to the cinema.

Anyways, does anyone know when they stop screening it? I wanted to go and watch it again but I won't have time to do that in the next two weeks.
From my experience.... smaller theaters will stop screening the movie first... the bigger multi plexes usually keep the movies in for their whole run....
"I saw him, and I saw myself."- Hiccup
"With Vikings on the backs of dragons, the world just got a whole lot bigger."

Addicted to DRAGONS :D

My Devianart
My Tumblr (I'm on there ALOT) Nightfury326

Night fury fire

[b]
[color=blue]We're fangirls! It's an occupational hazard...
[/color]
[/b]

NightoftheFury
17 Jul 2014, 06:04
Quote:

Quote:

Wow how the heck is everyone watching that movie :O
3.9 on imdb and 10% rotten tomatoes... Nasty. People need to get their priorities stright -_- because not only is httyd2 92% on rotten tomatoes but also...HELLO DRAGONS!!!!!!!! ;)
I know right! I went to see the advanced screenings in Dublin, although it was very expensive I would have expected more people to be there. The second time at my local cinema it was the Irish release date, the cinema was about half full, but it was mostly full of kids who looked around the age of 4-6. I fell sad that's the kind of attraction it's getting here. Plus if parents get the message of how dark it is, it may not do well in Ireland at all :(
^_^ ;) :D :$ :P 8) :'( :( ^) :O :blink: >:( <3 <- me seeing httyd 2

doeslingx
...and one other reason

At my local cinema (also an IMAX) HTTYD2 is getting more showings per day than any other film for the next week, including Transformers 4. I guess that shows that Odeon management, at least, has faith in the film.
I don't have a signature, see?

HaddocksOrTails
Member Avatar
Gronckle

Yeah, I also watched it at Odeon and they had 7 or 8 screenings that day (day before the official release).
I still think it's bad timing, they should have released the movie in December, before the holidays. But who knows, I watched the Hobbit 2 in an empty cinema 2 days after the release.

Lastandir
Gronckle

HaddocksOrTails
18 Jul 2014, 09:21
Yeah, I also watched it at Odeon and they had 7 or 8 screenings that day (day before the official release).
I still think it's bad timing, they should have released the movie in December, before the holidays. But who knows, I watched the Hobbit 2 in an empty cinema 2 days after the release.
I watched 4 days after release... Maybe 5 or 6 people in cinema.
And, it is for me big surprise, HTTYD2 still have many screenings per day. Started with 6-7, now it is ~5. Transformers have ~4. 22 Jump Street... 0.
I'm going to watch again movie... Probably on monday, so i will look how many people will be there.

HaddocksOrTails
Member Avatar
Gronckle

Just checked the local cin, they have 2 3D screenings and 5 2Ds everday until Thursday. But I see less and less double deckers with Hiccup's big ole faaaaace :-z