Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
How Astrid indirectly caused the death of Stoick
Topic Started: 19 Jul 2014, 13:20 (4366 Views)
Faerie_Dragon
Dragon Bassist

So here's the deal about Astrid in Dragons 2. She's kind of the reason why the story went as fast as it did.

When she got captured by Drago's forces and brought before him she pretty much blabbed everything he needed to know about Berk, making him push up his plans to attack.

If Astrid hadn't of talked, hadn't of blabbed to Drago, he wouldn't of attacked the Valka's Bewilderbeast's home so soon. Which means that the battle wouldn't of happened if Astrid didn't blab.

Effectively if Astrid hadn't of talked, Stoick wouldn't of had to give his life to protect Hiccup.

Astrid caused the death of Stoick The Vast.
Possible other plot hole
I challenge you to be lazier than me!

Sub me. Sub me. Sub me. Sub me. Sub me. Sub me. Sub me.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Toothless123
Night Fury

Whoa. That is a very chilling realisation... :blink:

Dragon's Apprentice
Mr. Potato Sandwich

o_O
"I was so afraid of becoming my dad. Mostly because I thought I never could. How do you become someone that great, that brave, that selfless? I guess you can only try."</3

KentuckyWildcat
Raw Vikingness

I don't think any one person can be blamed for Stoick's death. In addition to your theory, you have to remember that the whole movie would have gone differently if Hiccup wasn't insistent on running off to negotiate with Drago in the first place. Of course, Drago doesn't get off the hook for his evil choices either, even if they were predictable.

Still, the scene you're referring to has bugged me ever since I saw the movie. With all of the gang present, Astrid would seem like the least likely to totally lose control of the situation and blab a bunch of stuff that should never have been said. I thought it bordered on being out of character for her.
Come death. Come suffering. I will not live in fear. In this fleeting life where time escapes us, the path of least resistance is a slow quiet death. I'd rather burn out than fade away.

Dragon's Apprentice
Mr. Potato Sandwich

You're insight into this motion picture is just astoundingly accurate. Very well done on catching this ... I don't think anyone would have come to the conclusion that dialogue in a movie may actually lead to the conflict and effect the outcome .... so once again- clap*

...no wait.... double clap*

.... triple clap?

.... o_O ... mind-boggling turn of events indeed....
"I was so afraid of becoming my dad. Mostly because I thought I never could. How do you become someone that great, that brave, that selfless? I guess you can only try."</3

Faerie_Dragon
Dragon Bassist

I think... I think Astrid planned this. She wanted Stoick to die.

She knew Hiccup needed the push to become Chief. That's why she wasn't crying at his funeral. That's why she smirked at the funeral. She wanted to become the wife of the Chief. :O

I'm joking of course ;)
Seriously I really am joking :blink:
I challenge you to be lazier than me!

Sub me. Sub me. Sub me. Sub me. Sub me. Sub me. Sub me.

HiccupxAstrid123
Member Avatar
Gronckle

Faerie_Dragon
19 Jul 2014, 17:41
I think... I think Astrid planned this. She wanted Stoick to die.

She knew Hiccup needed the push to become Chief. That she wasn't crying at his funeral. That's she smirked at the funeral. She wanted to become the wife of the Chief. :O

I'm joking of course ;)
HICCSTRID IS SOOOO CUTE

Night fury fire

[b]
[color=blue]We're fangirls! It's an occupational hazard...
[/color]
[/b]

the hiccstrid shippers will be going mad....
^_^ ;) :D :$ :P 8) :'( :( ^) :O :blink: >:( <3 <- me seeing httyd 2

BerserkDragon
antisocial british nerd with a youtube channel

I suppose she blabbed about Hiccup because she's proud of him and wanted to make sure that Drago knew that there was someone who trained dragons better than him, but then again I'm an optimist XD

And for why he attacked the Nest before Berk:
Despite being a Bewilderbeast, Drago's Bewilderbeast wasn't the Alpha yet so couldn't control the dragons, so they had to kill Valka's Bewilderbeast first, that way Drago's Bewilderbeast could be the Alpha and control the dragons, etc.

8)
Me? An otaku? Pfff.

Yes I do like dragons if you're wondering. Doesn't seem like it from my profile pic n signature, I know, but I do.

RealHousewifeofBerk
"You don't know this yet, but people need you."
<3

I was trying to figure that out while I was watching the movie, but it just went so fast that I didn't really have much time to think about it. I was trying to figure out if what Astrid did was helping or really, really hurting the cause. Now, it's looking more like the latter. Which is awful, because Astrid is my favorite character. :( Still, I really doubt she did it on purpose. That "smirk" doesn't really seem like an "I just purposely caused the death of the chief of my tribe for my own selfish gain" sort of smile, and besides, she would have been the wife of a chief anyways because Stoick's not immortal.
Whether or not she did cause his death, I still love her. <3
My other fandoms summed up in gifs:

"You have the heart of a Hiro and the soul of a Tadashi."