Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Who would you like to interview?
Topic Started: 28 Aug 2014, 09:39 (4609 Views)
Norskie
Member Avatar
Norskie

If he wasn't so popular, I would love to interview John Powell.

I would also like to interview those involved with the marketing, ask how the companies collaborated (if any). Just to help my argument that there was some pretty major flaws with the campaign.

Uff da, yo.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Estae
Dragons!

I'd certainly want to hear about all these questions posted already.

I want to know about the life Toothless had before we met him. Where he came from, if he had siblings or parents or a gaurdian of some kind / whatever did he do when he wasn't fishing or sleeping.

And I'd also like to hear more about Astrid's backstory - what made her, well, "her". And what really defined her as the strong, fierce young woman she is?

But those aren't really technical questions, only questions we'd get from a story if it was ever animated, or implemented into httyd3.

As for technical questions, I'd like to hear more about the development behind the flying scenes - how difficult were they to animate? What were the animators' favorite scenes to create and why?

I'd also like some heafty explaination into the marketing and into the merchandise. While I loved a lot of the stuff that came from Dragons Live.. I feel like almost everything else is cheaply made from China, low quality, annd overrall a bad representation of the effort and genuinity that Dreamworks puts into the actual movie. It's insanely difficult to find good-quality merch without going on etsy and looking to pay $100+ for a small figurine that actally looks like so-so dragon/viking. :/

Not to mention, I'd like to know why the movie series itself is marketed to such a young age group (toddlers to age 9 or something)? when clearly the movies are meant for, and attract, a slightly older age group (more like 8-18 at least). While yes, the books themselves were for a younger crowd - the younger crowd who grew up with the books are older now.

-dragon-racers on tumblr *Not a spoiler-free blog.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote