Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
why do you like HTTYD ?
Topic Started: 31 Jul 2014, 12:24 (2843 Views)
Berkian1
Terrible Terror

Hey guys I just thought it would be cool to find out why different people like HTTYD and the whole series. I absolutely love the whole franchise and I just wanted to see if the reasons other like it are the same as my own.
Thanks
"Hiccup what you're looking for isn't out there. It's in here, maybe you just don't see it yet."
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Rhonin
Member Avatar
Terrible Terror

Because of the dragons.

The Norse Nerd
-This is Borghild-

Hiccup ^_^

But seriously I'm a lot like him and I can relate to a lot of stuff he's been through.

I don't ship Hiccstrid, deal with it (◡‿◡✿)

~Slytherin~

-Cancer Sun-
-Aries Moon-
-Virgo Ascendant-

Borghild Dragon Riders

Youtube Channel

Whitefang
twelve days north of hopeless

Honestly, I like almost everything about it.
But my favorite thing about the series is probably the dragons. Because they're awesome. :D
That's pretty much my explanation.
Find me on tumblr and deviantart!
I have been here an embarrassingly long time

8)

ToothlessWorship
Gronckle

We love Toothless too. He is powerful, untouchable and invincible. He is a true friend, the best ones who everybody want.

Yeah, he is the symbol of true friendship :)
HTTYD forever
Spoiler: click to toggle

Toothless123
Night Fury

I can't really describe it. When you love something so much, (at least it's like this for me) you can't find the words to say why.

Zer0x

[b]Banhammerdragon
[/b]

Because it has shown me what my purpose in life will be.
UNAMUSED

No, I'm serious....stop it..

doeslingx
...and one other reason

I'm going to attempt a pretty haphazard analysis of why I fell in love with HTTYD. There are lots of individual things: it's got a relatable witty hero, the greatest animated creature ever, seriously neat flying sequences and a brilliant soundtrack.

But I think there are two bigger reasons.

Firstly, there's the three core relationships that the film is centred around, each of which is fantastic:
1. Hiccup-Toothless: it's a boy-and-his-dog pairing with a hint of Romeo and Juliet (two warring factions etc), but it's so well done. The Forbidden Friendship scene blows me away every time.
2. Hiccup-Stoick: Hiccup earns his father's respect, but on his own terms. Stoick redeems himself by saving Toothless from drowning and apologising to Hiccup ("I'm proud to call you my son..."). It's really heartwarming stuff.
3. Hiccup-Astrid: Basically they're really cute together, and the tough-girl-with-nerdy-boy dynamic is a clever inversion of what we'd normally get. Also, Romantic Flight is the second best scene in the film.

Reason number two is the film's theme: the whole thing is about overcoming preconceptions. Hiccup originally tries to kill Toothless but realises he's misjudged dragons ("he was as scared as I was"). Toothless' first instinct is to attack (and maybe kill) Hiccup, but he sees something in him and holds back. Stoick thinks dragons are evil and dangerous but by the end sees how wrong he's been and tries to make amends. Astrid desperately wants to kill a dragon until Hiccup and Toothless make her see what they really are, then she tries to help them out. In the end it turns out that everyone in Berk has misjudged Hiccup, and they end up hailing him as the guy who saves them from the Green Death.

That line - "so why didn't you?" (I think both Hiccup and Astrid say it at different points) - perfectly sums up what this film is all about: understanding.
I don't have a signature, see?

Berkian1
Terrible Terror

I love the movies mostly because I'm jealous of hiccup. What I wouldn't give to have a friend like toothless; someone who would die for me and someone I would die for. I think the bond they share is awesome. The line that gives me chills in the first movie is when hiccup says "I looked into his eyes and I saw myself" that is true friendship. Plus the movie are a great chance to escape reality and spend time in an amazing fantastical place.
"Hiccup what you're looking for isn't out there. It's in here, maybe you just don't see it yet."

dragons_ind
My avatar just got 20% Cooler

First, the dragons! Second, the friendship. Third, extremely strong bond and relationship between Toothless and Hiccup. Fourth, beautiful. Fifth, intense and breathtaking. Sixth, soundtrack (out-of-universe). And many more..............
That's my primary reason ^_^
Ninety-nine buckets of fireworms on the wall, ninety-nine buckets of worms! Take one down, pass it around, you got ninety-eight buckets of fireworms on the wall....................... Forty-one buckets of fireworms on the wall, forty-one buckets of worms! Take one down, pass it around, you got forty buckets of fireworms on the wall..........- one bucket of worms! Take one down, pass it around, you got zero buckets of fireworms on the waaaaaaaaaallllllllllllll.