Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
HTTYD2 Support Group
Topic Started: 31 Jul 2014, 21:20 (1816 Views)
iluvhttyd
Member Avatar
Terrible Terror

I think I have PTSD because of Stoick's death. I am constantly awake about it and I can't keep my mind off of it...is it bad I held a memorial for Stoick with eulogies, hoping I'd have closure? Unfortunately, that memorial (held 3 days after I saw HTTYD2), did not give me closure. I don't know what will. I've cried sobbed bawled because of that scene...and the funeral...I couldn't stop bawling when I saw he was dead (I tried to be as quiet as I could about it).

I knew about it beforehand (and how it would happen), so I thought I'd be prepared...

I was dead wrong. I couldn't stop bawling at all...

I have had PANIC ATTACKS because of those scenes. I've become more depressed because of those scenes.

Is it wrong I want to have a support group here? I can't be the only one suffering like this...
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Cartoon Freak
Deadly Nadder

Um, I think you may need professional help from a qualified psychiatrist or clinical psychologist. There's no shame in that - I saw one for about a year when I was a teenager. It's just that random people on the internet are not a good source of help in a situation as extreme as the one you describe. Yes, Stoick's death is a sad scene, and I'm sure we all felt sad to varying degrees during that scene and the immediate aftermath. When it gets to the point where you're having panic attacks, however, that's a more serious problem, and one that needs help. And again, there's no shame in that.
Number of times I've watched the trailer: 18.

My pet peeve: people who refer to complete strangers by their first name. The correct ways to refer to a "John Smith" whom you have never met are Smith, Mr Smith, or John Smith. Not "John". He's not your buddy.

dragons_ind
My avatar just got 20% Cooler

Well, i was depressed about that scene too, and i got stomach ache and nauseous for a day. But try to look forward and think positive. Yes, that scene is way..... to shocking, but there must be a purpose for doing that. And yes, i recover from my deep depression. For a httyd fan, i suggest you watch the series of the first movie, just for reminder for his character (i did this). And for me, i try to compose / rearrange Stoick's ship score, and i have zero background in music :( . But it makes me better :)
Ninety-nine buckets of fireworms on the wall, ninety-nine buckets of worms! Take one down, pass it around, you got ninety-eight buckets of fireworms on the wall....................... Forty-one buckets of fireworms on the wall, forty-one buckets of worms! Take one down, pass it around, you got forty buckets of fireworms on the wall..........- one bucket of worms! Take one down, pass it around, you got zero buckets of fireworms on the waaaaaaaaaallllllllllllll.

Rocky Rose
Deadly Nadder

I've been writing fan fiction and drawing fan art as a way to recover from it.. then again for me and fictional character deaths.. this one Hit me but... honestly the hardest hit I got was related to when the BBC's Robin Hood was on the air...

Writing Hiccup dealing with the aftermath of it and having nightmares etc just helps a ton for me...
"I saw him, and I saw myself."- Hiccup
"With Vikings on the backs of dragons, the world just got a whole lot bigger."

Addicted to DRAGONS :D

My Devianart
My Tumblr (I'm on there ALOT) Nightfury326

Night fury fire

[b]
[color=blue]We're fangirls! It's an occupational hazard...
[/color]
[/b]

Like cartoon freak said, I think you should get professional help on this. But I know how you feel. When I found out about it, I was very upset. I felt angry at toothless, and at one point, didn't even want to see httyd 2. But just try to focus on the positives and I hope things will be ok. :(
^_^ ;) :D :$ :P 8) :'( :( ^) :O :blink: >:( <3 <- me seeing httyd 2

iluvhttyd
Member Avatar
Terrible Terror

Some of you could at least pretend to be supportive...

Okay, can someone just delete this thread?

Thanks

Zer0x

[b]Banhammerdragon
[/b]

Weren't the comments from dragons_ind and Rocky Rose helpful?

What have you expected to hear when you created this topic?
UNAMUSED

No, I'm serious....stop it..