Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
HTTYD2 Highest Grossing Animated Film To Date!
Topic Started: 16 Aug 2014, 02:53 (5375 Views)
I Love You
Member Avatar
Dragon Egg

Is $500 million greater than $1 billion? If people think it is...
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

dorcas18
Dragon Egg

500 million is half a billion.
Every bucket is unique, observe and you will see~

Oneill5491
Terrible Terror

Title is misleading. It should read "HTTYD2: Highest grossing animated film of the year!"

Norskie
Member Avatar
Norskie

ALRIGHT!!!!! Go dragons!

Uff da, yo.

Whitefang
twelve days north of hopeless

I Love You
16 Aug 2014, 06:53
Is $500 million greater than $1 billion? If people think it is...
Everyone has their own opinion. It might be a greater amount of money, but everyone has their own thoughts about how good a film is.
Find me on tumblr and deviantart!
I have been here an embarrassingly long time

8)

MartianArchaeologist
Member Avatar
Gronckle

It's now up to:

$574,516,962 USD

http://investing.businessweek.com/resea ... _SF95680-1

China's still going nuts over the movie.

<3 8)

Zer0x

[b]Banhammerdragon
[/b]

Looks like they've finally added the box office from the early screenings and festivals.

Too bad that it is still not enough to make it financially worthwhile for DW. They would have needed $100,000,000 more. :unsure:
UNAMUSED

No, I'm serious....stop it..

HumanToothless
Human/Former Dragon/Night Fury

VeloYourSwaggyDragon
16 Aug 2014, 04:02
Quote:

You seem we can all tell where HTTYD went wrong...

It needs more ice.

One Bewilderbeast isn't enough. Two Bewildebeasts evidently aren't enough. We needed more ice. Turn that dragon sanctuary into a fairy castle, freeze that Berk and make snow fall, and then freeze the main character and thaw it with love, not plasma and one of these. >:( I mean come on! Who would see a film about that?

:ermm:

Serious note - how isn't HTTYD 2 bashing Frozen out of the ballpark? There is a real difference in the calibre of... Well, everything!
Frozen had the traditional animated princess thing going on and had musicals, which is still most appealing to the majority of younger generations (say, ages 4 and up). The singing parts were a huge hit and I agree they were sensational, even though it's not my type of music. The fans love and will remember the movie for the singing and possibly the independent-women theme expressed in it. People have a right to their opinions, so let's not bash Disney, alright guys? And overly-obsessive fans will be just that. Let's not be like those fans who criticize the other party's view based upon their own feelings.

Also, why is everybody suddenly so upset? Making it to China is a great achievement, and it doesn't matter if HtTYD2 ever beats Frozen on the list. As long as it's successful, we should all be happy. Also, just to through it out there, it's not competing with Frozen for an Oscar. Frozen was last year.
I agree with you :toothless:
I ate a tasty looking purple flower and then the next thing you know I am human. I am currently trying to get used to the whole being human thing so be nice. I am completely human not a hybrid okay?

Sabrina
Terrible Terror

Night Fury
15 Aug 2014, 22:13
Worldwide, HTTYD2 is currently DreamWorks' 11th highest grossing film, but it's also their lowest grossing sequel (the next lowest is Madagascar 2 with $604 mil).
It will pass Madagascar 2 by next week. It's reaching 60m in China this weekend, and it still can do a little bit more in there.

I believe it will end at 70m.
With that, it will became number #2 all time (animation) in China, behide only Kung Fu Panda 2.
"Pain... love it."

Pikey
Wow!

I wonder how much of that money is from second (or more) viewings? I've heard a lot of people going multiple times, I'm settling for the DVD release. 8)