Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Hopes for DVD bonus features?
Topic Started: 26 Aug 2014, 11:58 (4114 Views)
Night Fury
Member Avatar
Terrible Terror

A lot of bonus features seem like filler to me, but I really want to see the deleted scenes. The movie seemed like a 2 hour film that had been condensed down, so I imagine there must be a lot that was cut out.

PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

RealHousewifeofBerk
"You don't know this yet, but people need you."
<3

*GASP* Look what someone found!

http://www.animationmagazine.net/home-e ... eo-oct-21/

Looks like most of the good stuff is only with the Blu-ray. Darn, my small portable DVD player I take everywhere with me doesn't take Blu-ray. Maybe I'll get the combo pack so I can get the best of both worlds? Depending on the price, that is...
My other fandoms summed up in gifs:

"You have the heart of a Hiro and the soul of a Tadashi."

Pikey
Wow!

I will most likely get the double pack as I've said before.

Whether I get the digital release on top of that is a question of worth to be honest. 8)

Coyote-Walker
Mermaid Viking

I really hope there's an option to watch the movie with no dialog, just the music score. I would be soooooo happy. They had that option on the looney tunes DVDs and it was the best. <3
Tumblr

LawOfTheSeas
Defender of Insanity and Master of Apologies

Coyote-Walker
03 Sep 2014, 22:21
I really hope there's an option to watch the movie with no dialog, just the music score. I would be soooooo happy. They had that option on the looney tunes DVDs and it was the best. <3
That is an incredible idea! Like the opposite of a commentary! I love it!
I HAVE RETURNED!

Did you miss me?

Coyote-Walker
Mermaid Viking

LawOfTheSeas
04 Sep 2014, 10:18
Coyote-Walker
03 Sep 2014, 22:21
That is an incredible idea! Like the opposite of a commentary! I love it!
Right??? It was amazing to watch Bugs Bunny with no words, just orchestrational score. It really let you see and feel the way the music helped bring out emotion, even without dialog. Ugh, it was just so perfect.
Tumblr

Lastandir
Gronckle

http://www.movieweb.com/how-to-train-yo ... vd-blu-ray
Can't wait for more :)
Quote:

Deleted Scenes -- The awesome adventure continues with telling deleted and extended scenes, including action-packed footage you couldn't see in theaters!

Nightshade
Monstrous Nightmare

I hope that it contains an actual dragon :<

Estae
Dragons!

Deleted scenes, storyboards, an explaination about what might have went down if Valka had been the antagonist like previously planned.. but most of all deleted scenes. I'd love commentary and interviews from the producers, too! And like Coyote-Walker mentioned, a soundtrack-only version of movie would be really cool to see? (Though I've never seen it before in any Dreamworks disks)

So excited!! :)

-dragon-racers on tumblr *Not a spoiler-free blog.

Estae
Dragons!

Oh! And I know that this would probably never happen, but I would personally love a "directors cut" of the movie.

A lot of the time, for live-action movies, the version you see in theaters is a "cinema/theater cut", which is the movie but without some scenes or shots or slightly edited scriptes to be fit for watching it in the cinema. But a directors cut is how the director of the movie would really want to see it. Often this is also the distiction between unrated and rated movies, and the directors cuts are longer with more scenes, generally tailored to fit the directors idea of the movie rather than how it should be to market it.

Now with animated movies, this isn't so much of a thing- seeing as animating stuff is a whole lot more work than posing someone infront of a camera and editing it in or out, and unfortunately the market for director-cut versions of movies lay within adults, young-adults, and film conessiours - whom aren't found so much with animated films (us hooligans are unfortunately the minority in the film industry. poo.)

But! I can still dream! :'(

-dragon-racers on tumblr *Not a spoiler-free blog.