Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Eerie quotes from HTTYD
Topic Started: 03 Oct 2014, 08:14 (6735 Views)
RealHousewifeofBerk
"You don't know this yet, but people need you."
<3

In the climax of HTTYD 1: Hiccup "frees" Toothless, fights the giant, evil dragon that controls all of the other dragons, and wins, but is consumed in flames. It appears that he is dead, his only parent rushes over, while everyone else watches in horror. It is then revealed that Toothless saves Hiccup.

Climax of HTTYD 2: Hiccup "frees" Toothless, fights the giant, evil dragon that controls all of the other dragons, but is consumed in ice. It appears that he is dead, his only parent rushes over, while everyone else watches in horror, but then Toothless saves Hiccup, and then they win.
My other fandoms summed up in gifs:

"You have the heart of a Hiro and the soul of a Tadashi."
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Toothless123
Night Fury

RealHousewifeofBerk
03 Oct 2014, 12:14
In the climax of HTTYD 1: Hiccup "frees" Toothless, fights the giant, evil dragon that controls all of the other dragons, and wins, but is consumed in flames. It appears that he is dead, his only parent rushes over, while everyone else watches in horror. It is then revealed that Toothless saves Hiccup.

Climax of HTTYD 2: Hiccup "frees" Toothless, fights the giant, evil dragon that controls all of the other dragons, but is consumed in ice. It appears that he is dead, his only parent rushes over, while everyone else watches in horror, but then Toothless saves Hiccup, and then they win.
WOAH. :O

testdriver
Dragon Egg

"I looked at him and I saw myself." -Hiccup to Astrid in HTTYD
"whose soul reflected my own." -Valka on Cloudjumper
An obvious one, but I just love how they relate to eachother.

I'm scared what quotes in HTTYD2 can be related to in HTTYD3... :unsure:

Pakba
Member Avatar
Terrible Terror

Why is it eerie? The sequel is written by the same writer.

thenightandthefury
Gronckle

Eerie because they foreshadowed it in the first movie, but we would have never guessed that it would come true in the second. Mainly because they hinted at it so much in the first movie, and it came true; but none of us could have suspected it. Yet if you go back to watch the first movie, moments like that may be more haunting because of what happened in the sequel. Such as; seeing Toothless nearly kill Stoick in the first movie. Who wouldn't shed a tear re-watching this, now knowing that Toothless would kill Stoick in the second movie?

Cartoon Freak
Deadly Nadder

Quote:

Eerie because they foreshadowed it in the first movie, but we would have never guessed that it would come true in the second.
I'd hesitate to call it foreshadowing, simply because they didn't know they were going to make a sequel when they were making the first one. It's more of a callback to the first film than foreshadowing in the first film. Now, HTTYD 2 may well contain plenty of foreshadowing for the third film, since DeBlois knew he was getting two sequels, but that's another matter.
Number of times I've watched the trailer: 18.

My pet peeve: people who refer to complete strangers by their first name. The correct ways to refer to a "John Smith" whom you have never met are Smith, Mr Smith, or John Smith. Not "John". He's not your buddy.

Pakba
Member Avatar
Terrible Terror

Cartoon Freak
21 May 2015, 11:17
Quote:

Eerie because they foreshadowed it in the first movie, but we would have never guessed that it would come true in the second.
I'd hesitate to call it foreshadowing, simply because they didn't know they were going to make a sequel when they were making the first one. It's more of a callback to the first film than foreshadowing in the first film. Now, HTTYD 2 may well contain plenty of foreshadowing for the third film, since DeBlois knew he was getting two sequels, but that's another matter.
+1

Neilandio
Dragon trainer

thenightandthefury
25 Aug 2014, 23:30
Also, just thought of this. The beehive quote. Where "It's like a giant beehive, she's the queen and she controls them." (I think I got that kinda right...) makes sense in HTTYD 2 to the bewilderbeast. He is the king, the alpha, and has control over them. This also gives more clarity to HTTYD 1 (if you remember Toothless was very briefly almost zombie like when delivering Astrid and Hiccup to the queen, in a sense. If anyone remembers Hiccup tried soothing him and Toothless shoved him off, pupils slits. Looking back, he was likely under the control of the queen. But was the control of the queen nearly as strong? Probably not, I am guessing, which is why Toothless still had some of his sense about him and was able to fly out with Hiccup and Astrid)
As far as we know, the Red Death can't fully control a dragon like the Bewilderbeast does. What it does is emit a homing signal that forces nearby dragons to go to its nest. But that's as far as it's been officially stated/shown. I theorize that the homing signal was originally used to attract dragons and then eat them, but since dragons are smart creatures eventually they learnt that if they fed the Red Death they won't get eaten themselves.
My dragon den:

Demonwolf002
Lone Dragon

Neilandio
27 May 2015, 16:20
thenightandthefury
25 Aug 2014, 23:30
Also, just thought of this. The beehive quote. Where "It's like a giant beehive, she's the queen and she controls them." (I think I got that kinda right...) makes sense in HTTYD 2 to the bewilderbeast. He is the king, the alpha, and has control over them. This also gives more clarity to HTTYD 1 (if you remember Toothless was very briefly almost zombie like when delivering Astrid and Hiccup to the queen, in a sense. If anyone remembers Hiccup tried soothing him and Toothless shoved him off, pupils slits. Looking back, he was likely under the control of the queen. But was the control of the queen nearly as strong? Probably not, I am guessing, which is why Toothless still had some of his sense about him and was able to fly out with Hiccup and Astrid)
As far as we know, the Red Death can't fully control a dragon like the Bewilderbeast does. What it does is emit a homing signal that forces nearby dragons to go to its nest. But that's as far as it's been officially stated/shown. I theorize that the homing signal was originally used to attract dragons and then eat them, but since dragons are smart creatures eventually they learnt that if they fed the Red Death they won't get eaten themselves.
Hmm interesting take on it, and it works out well enough to. Explaining what needs to be explained neat. But yea I'd say it was essentially just a continued trend of using sound as a form of control. From the Red Deaths control to Valka's staff, Drago's yelling, and the Bewilderbeasts control. The first film pointed it out and the second film pointed it out even more. If anything you could probably look at this as foreshadowing for the third film, and possibly expect to see another from of control using sound as a basis. (possibly)
See you in the skies Dragon Rider!

The Dragon Root:Thing what I wrote.

Is Toothless Evil? :Me possibly being crazy, but fun.

The BerkCast The HTTYD podcast, you should listen.