Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Eerie quotes from HTTYD
Topic Started: 25 Aug 2014, 19:30 (6620 Views)
thenightandthefury
Gronckle

Note: Not all of these quotes are exactly right, but you get the gist.

These are some of my observations, and I was wondering if anyone else agreed. (Also commented this to thenightfuryfan)

Anyway..

It's funny (not really figure of speech) how the lines in HTTYD 1 fit and are almost like ironic and painful to think about.. Like these...

"I- I screwed up- I should have told you before now I- just- take this out on me, be mad at me but please- just don't hurt Toothless!" and "He's not dangerous!" This one because its almost like foreshadowing that Toothless could kill someone, or had the ability to, yet Hiccup refuses to believe it; he views him to be as gentle as a kitten, and can't bear to think that he would ever hurt anyone. Like most of us, we came to believe Toothless was more cute then dangerous, lest we forget he IS a *night fury* and he can be *dangerous*... Who knows what his wild kind were like, how dangerous they were, or if they happened to be gentle like Toothless. In my mind, in that zombie moment where Toothless was controlled, I was thinking "Holy crap.. thats a night fury."

Which brings me to this one...

"Night Fury. Speed: Unknown. Size: Unknown. The unholy offspring of lightning and death itself. Never engage this dragon. Your only chance, hide and pray it does not find you." This is compelling because in this quote (I think I got it right, couldn't find the exact quote).. In this quote Hiccup is reading about Night Furies and the eerie line that ran through my mind during and after the movie were. "The unholy offspring of lightning and death itself. Never engage this dragon. Your only chance, hide and pray it does not find you." This is really portrayed in HTTYD 2, when Toothless is almost unrecognizable. It really hit me that THIS was a wild night fury, or one that Hiccup might have encountered in a death match before he met Toothless. (since Toothless was out of his mind at the moment and had no recollection of what he did, seemingly.. For after he shot and came out of it, when the bewilderbeast turned his head, he didn't seem to understand what happened until he sniffed Stoick and Hiccup pushed him away.)

"It's a mess. You must feel horrible. You've lost everything. Your father, your tribe, your best friend...." Another eerie quote. It directly depicts both HTTYD 1 and 2. In HTTYD 1 he lost his fathers respect and was disowned, lost his friend Toothless for he was captured and likely deemed put to death in that moment, and his tribe for they all had a grudge against him now. In HTTYD 2 it depicts it in a different way, where after his dad died he lost everything. He lost his dad to death, he lost Toothless to Drago and the bewilderbeasts control (his best friend), and he lost his tribe for they were all still on Berk with no way to get to him nor help him, and were all subject to the wrath of the bewilderbeast and Toothless, along with Drago's army of dragons.

If you can think of any other quotes like this let me know, but these are some of the eerie ones that I just couldn't get out of my head after the movie, along with the image of Toothless hunched over zombie like after firing the shot.

Also, just thought of this. The beehive quote. Where "It's like a giant beehive, she's the queen and she controls them." (I think I got that kinda right...) makes sense in HTTYD 2 to the bewilderbeast. He is the king, the alpha, and has control over them. This also gives more clarity to HTTYD 1 (if you remember Toothless was very briefly almost zombie like when delivering Astrid and Hiccup to the queen, in a sense. If anyone remembers Hiccup tried soothing him and Toothless shoved him off, pupils slits. Looking back, he was likely under the control of the queen. But was the control of the queen nearly as strong? Probably not, I am guessing, which is why Toothless still had some of his sense about him and was able to fly out with Hiccup and Astrid)
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Quincy Dan
Member Avatar
The real Hiccup

How about this one: Toothless was "spooling up" about to kill Stoick in the Kill Ring scene to protect Hiccup when Hiccup shouted "Toothless NO!" and he stopped.

Toothless123
Night Fury

From HTTYD 1 when Hiccup is trying to convince Stoick not to find the Dragons' Nest:
"No, no, no. No, Dad. No, please, it's not what you think. You don't know what you're up against. It's like nothing you've ever seen. Dad, please. I promise you, you can't win this one! No, Dad. No. For once in your life, would you please just listen to me?!"

This could be very fitting for HTTYD 2, when Stoick is trying to convince Hiccup not to go and find Drago:
"No, no, no. No, Hiccup. No, please, it's not what you think. You don't know what you're up against. He's like nothing you've ever seen. Hiccup, please. I promise you, you can't win this one! No, Hiccup. No. For once in your life, would you please just listen to me?!"

draco
mystery dragon, pic drawn by night fury fire. Thank you :)

Toothless123
26 Aug 2014, 11:29
From HTTYD 1 when Hiccup is trying to convince Stoick not to find the Dragons' Nest:
"No, no, no. No, Dad. No, please, it's not what you think. You don't know what you're up against. It's like nothing you've ever seen. Dad, please. I promise you, you can't win this one! No, Dad. No. For once in your life, would you please just listen to me?!"

This could be very fitting for HTTYD 2, when Stoick is trying to convince Hiccup not to go and find Drago:
"No, no, no. No, Hiccup. No, please, it's not what you think. You don't know what you're up against. He's like nothing you've ever seen. Hiccup, please. I promise you, you can't win this one! No, Hiccup. No. For once in your life, would you please just listen to me?!"

Dang, I never thought of that one that way. Your right.
Dragons, need I say more.

Hiccup, chief of berc, dragon master.
Toothless, alpha dragon.
You and me bud we can do this, as one.
It's just a zipple misunderstanding
I like a pit, but I love a boar pit.
i am hurt,I am very much hurt.

Pikey
Wow!

Well the writers did want to set Toothless up to be pretty much a death machine, bringing these up so much basically means they did a good job. 8)

Night fury fire

[b]
[color=blue]We're fangirls! It's an occupational hazard...
[/color]
[/b]

When hiccup shouted "no!!" Just before stoick pushed him out of the way of toothless in httyd 2. He sounded so frightened that it almost had me crying before stoick died
^_^ ;) :D :$ :P 8) :'( :( ^) :O :blink: >:( <3 <- me seeing httyd 2

Pikey
Wow!

Yeah I was really expecting a twist there or something but I forgot it was HTTYD obviously, of course it happened. :( Damn, the third movie's probably going to drop something harder, I hope not. :/

RealHousewifeofBerk
"You don't know this yet, but people need you."
<3

When Gobber and Stoick are talking in the hall and Gobber tells him, "You won't always be around to protect him." And then protecting Hiccup was the last thing he ever did. :'(
My other fandoms summed up in gifs:

"You have the heart of a Hiro and the soul of a Tadashi."

Toothless123
Night Fury

What Stoick says in GoTNF takes a much darker turn if you compare it with what happened in HTTYD 2, when the Alpha comes to Berk. (this is if Stoick was still alive :'( ): "The dragons have gone and left us...(when the Alpha is calling them) what are these people looking at?!" And the thing that "these people are looking at" could have been Drago, except he doesn't say, "Your Chief is dead" for obvious reasons.

RealHousewifeofBerk
"You don't know this yet, but people need you."
<3

Toothless123
01 Oct 2014, 17:30
What Stoick says in GoTNF takes a much darker turn if you compare it with what happened in HTTYD 2, when the Alpha comes to Berk. (this is if Stoick was still alive :'( ): "The dragons have gone and left us...(when the Alpha is calling them) what are these people looking at?!" And the thing that "these people are looking at" could have been Drago, except he doesn't say, "Your Chief is dead" for obvious reasons.
Really observant. I never would have caught that, but now that you point that out... :blink:

My other fandoms summed up in gifs:

"You have the heart of a Hiro and the soul of a Tadashi."