Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Dragons 2 Leaked
Topic Started: 31 Aug 2014, 18:04 (7054 Views)
thescienceofmagic
Hairy Hooligan

I was wondering where all the new HQ gifs of HTTYD2 on tumblr were coming from ... :/

"I'm not a fan of quoting other people in signatures, especially when they aren't funny." -Zer0x 2014
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Eret
....Son of Eret

I thought about downloading it but then I remembered I'm on campus wifi and they stalk our download history and I don't want to get in huge caca with the administrators. I already preordered two copies of the dvd/blu ray anyway.

NightoftheFury
Shhh...Toothless is watching

Right now (9/1/14 @ 02:01 GMT) the torrent metrics are as follows:

~7000 Seeders and 19,000 leachers. Completed Downloads ~10,000. Torrent added ~24 hrs ago.

The only problem is... I'm guessing that 90% of these people have no plans in buying the DVD :/

chupacabra
Member Avatar
Hatchling

I e-mailed Dreamworks the links to the torrents.

NightoftheFury

Quote:

I e-mailed Dreamworks the links to the torrents.
It's good to let DreamWorks know, but I'm afraid it won't do any good at this point. BitTorrent is a peer to peer network protocol and as such there is no longer a single point of origin. There is no main server and no master file to take down. Once the cat is out of the bag it's out for good :/

Astrid
Gronckle

Oneill5491 are you for real??!! I get you want to tell the community about the leak and you trust us to perhaps download it but definetly buying a copy later BUT you actually posted gif sets and image sets on tumblr like WHAT WERE YOU THINKING???!!! I understand you can trust the forums members to buy a copy but you can't trust tumblr users are going to to buy a copy, so by putting those photo sets out there you just kind of screamed to the whole word the film was leaked, remember things posted in tumblr spread like wildfire, so please think a little bit more next time before putting that out there (also by doing that many can think you're just notes/followers hungry but I don't think that was the purpose... at least I hope) :/

As a solution I think the best will be for Dreamworks to release the digital copy now, the cat is out of the bag so better release the original right now.

Pikey
Wow!

Well they can't release the digital right now, the film is still showing...

Pakba
Member Avatar
Terrible Terror

Astrid
01 Sep 2014, 04:18
Oneill5491 are you for real??!! I get you want to tell the community about the leak and you trust us to perhaps download it but definetly buying a copy later BUT you actually posted gif sets and image sets on tumblr like WHAT WERE YOU THINKING???!!! I understand you can trust the forums members to buy a copy but you can't trust tumblr users are going to to buy a copy, so by putting those photo sets out there you just kind of screamed to the whole word the film was leaked, remember things posted in tumblr spread like wildfire, so please think a little bit more next time before putting that out there (also by doing that many can think you're just notes/followers hungry but I don't think that was the purpose... at least I hope) :/

As a solution I think the best will be for Dreamworks to release the digital copy now, the cat is out of the bag so better release the original right now.
If Tumblr finds out, that blog is history.

NightoftheFury

Astrid

Pikey

Well they can't release the digital right now, the film is still showing...
Plus it would be really BAD PR. Basically what that would be saying is DW is willing to change its production schedule due to the fact that something leaked.

Basically what DW would be advertising is "Want us to release a movie earlier? Just post a leaked version of it" :ermm:

Eret
....Son of Eret

Pakba
01 Sep 2014, 04:31
Astrid
01 Sep 2014, 04:18

If Tumblr finds out, that blog is history.

not really lol