Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Dragons 2 Leaked
Topic Started: 01 Sep 2014, 09:11 (7045 Views)
Eret
....Son of Eret

Guys just about every movie gets leaked in hd before the digital copy is officially released. If I remember correctly this happened with the first movie too, and it will happen with the third movie just the same. Don't support it if you don't want to. But yelling and screaming at people who reblog gifsets or watch it online is totally pointless.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

thescienceofmagic
Hairy Hooligan

Eret
01 Sep 2014, 13:11
Guys just about every movie gets leaked in hd before the digital copy is officially released. If I remember correctly this happened with the first movie too, and it will happen with the third movie just the same. Don't support it if you don't want to. But yelling and screaming at people who reblog gifsets or watch it online is totally pointless.
^This.
Unfortunately movie piracy is just something that happens nowadays and there's not much you can do to stop it. Let's focus on the positive; handheld recordings of HTTYD2 were released online pretty much as soon as it was released in cinemas and it still brought in over $500 million .. that's pretty darn awesome. There are still millions of people who love this film and will buy it on DVD regardless of whether they've seen leaked versions or not. DreamWorks has not lost, the fandom is still very much alive and we've got tons of dragons stuff yet to come with the series and HTTYD3. Be happy ^_^

"I'm not a fan of quoting other people in signatures, especially when they aren't funny." -Zer0x 2014

micromys
Cathartes Aura

thescienceofmagic
01 Sep 2014, 21:36
Eret
01 Sep 2014, 13:11
^This.
Unfortunately movie piracy is just something that happens nowadays and there's not much you can do to stop it. Let's focus on the positive; handheld recordings of HTTYD2 were released online pretty much as soon as it was released in cinemas and it still brought in over $500 million .. that's pretty darn awesome. There are still millions of people who love this film and will buy it on DVD regardless of whether they've seen leaked versions or not. DreamWorks has not lost, the fandom is still very much alive and we've got tons of dragons stuff yet to come with the series and HTTYD3. Be happy ^_^
Yep. It's really not a big deal, it happens with pretty much everything. I can understand the anger when the movie was just released in theatres, or even during most of the run, but at least here it's almost out of theatres entirely and the official digital copy will be released soon anyhow -- which means one way or another it was going to end up being torrented. Do you think everyone will be rushing to buy it on the first day the official copy is released? No -- at least, people who aren't big fans like we are, and we were going to buy it no matter what. Chances are, by the time most people buy their copies, they could have chosen to download a torrent instead anyway.

It really doesn't have that much impact on sales. Sure, there are people out there who will download the torrent and never buy the movie, but those people probably weren't going to buy it anyway, even if they couldn't download it. On the flipside, there are people who will torrent it, love it and then decide to buy it. I know that's happened to me plenty of times -- it happened with Megamind, for instance. The trailers looked terrible to me, and if I hadn't had access to a torrent, I would have never found out how much I enjoyed it and then bought it for myself (and badgered other people into buying it).

Relax, we're fine. (And Tumblr definitely won't care about it, haha.)

Night Fury
Member Avatar
Terrible Terror

I don't care what other people do, but I've no intention of downloading it. I've already seen the film several times in theatres, so I don't mind waiting another month or so for the official release. The anticipation just makes it that much sweeter. I think that ability to actually wait for something has become an alien concept to people today. We live in an era of instant gratification.

Pikey
Wow!

micromys
01 Sep 2014, 22:56
On the flipside, there are people who will torrent it, love it and then decide to buy it. I know that's happened to me plenty of times -- it happened with Megamind, for instance. The trailers looked terrible to me, and if I hadn't had access to a torrent, I would have never found out how much I enjoyed it and then bought it for myself (and badgered other people into buying it).
Yeah, I mentioned the trial thing before, happens with a lot of games too. Sometimes this kind of try before buying actually gets more purchases.

dragons_ind
My avatar just got 20% Cooler

Sometimes i hate piracy, but i hate my country too (piracy everywhere, and ranked #1 in piracy). In my city, there just one dvd store that sells Dreamworks movies, the local book stores goes to disney.

In the time i write this, i have done download it. I'm feeling bad for doing this, but what if the dvd wont be avaliable here? Maybe in your place the dvd will come out in November, but for me it maybe takes between november, desember, january. Yeah, don't blame me, i'm feeling very bad right now.
Yeah, i'll buy the dvd and hopefully the bluray. Because i downloaded it, that doesn't makes me no respect for Dreamworks. I give really big respect to them! Watched it many times (7) for me is some way to respect them.

Again, don't blame me. I'm feeling very bad right now :(
Ninety-nine buckets of fireworms on the wall, ninety-nine buckets of worms! Take one down, pass it around, you got ninety-eight buckets of fireworms on the wall....................... Forty-one buckets of fireworms on the wall, forty-one buckets of worms! Take one down, pass it around, you got forty buckets of fireworms on the wall..........- one bucket of worms! Take one down, pass it around, you got zero buckets of fireworms on the waaaaaaaaaallllllllllllll.

Pikey
Wow!

dragons_ind
02 Sep 2014, 11:43
Sometimes i hate piracy, but i hate my country too (piracy everywhere, and ranked #1 in piracy). In my city, there just one dvd store that sells Dreamworks movies, the local book stores goes to disney.

In the time i write this, i have done download it. I'm feeling bad for doing this, but what if the dvd wont be avaliable here? Maybe in your place the dvd will come out in November, but for me it maybe takes between november, desember, january. Yeah, don't blame me, i'm feeling very bad right now.
Yeah, i'll buy the dvd and hopefully the bluray. Because i downloaded it, that doesn't makes me no respect for Dreamworks. I give really big respect to them! Watched it many times (7) for me is some way to respect them.

If you're planning on buying it when the official release does come out then you shouldn't feel bad. I really, really want to torrent it myself but personally it would ruin the experience of owning the physical copy once it comes out.

Plus my internet is total garbage and no doubt my bandwidth would take a massive hit compared to what it currently is.

dragons_ind

Pikey
02 Sep 2014, 11:53
dragons_ind
02 Sep 2014, 11:43

If you're planning on buying it when the official release does come out then you shouldn't feel bad. I really, really want to torrent it myself but personally it would ruin the experience of owning the physical copy once it comes out.

Plus my internet is total garbage and no doubt my bandwidth would take a massive hit compared to what it currently is.
Of course i'll buy it! For me, it such something if i have the physical copy than digital copy. So, for me i won't have problem with the experience of owning the physical copy. I downloaded it for anticipation if the dvd won't be avaliable here, the dvd distribution are sucks here!

In other way, buying the dvd will give me not just the movie, but plus the upcoming shorts and other features :) . So having physical copy will give me big advantage.
Ninety-nine buckets of fireworms on the wall, ninety-nine buckets of worms! Take one down, pass it around, you got ninety-eight buckets of fireworms on the wall....................... Forty-one buckets of fireworms on the wall, forty-one buckets of worms! Take one down, pass it around, you got forty buckets of fireworms on the wall..........- one bucket of worms! Take one down, pass it around, you got zero buckets of fireworms on the waaaaaaaaaallllllllllllll.

dragons_ind

Pikey
02 Sep 2014, 01:17
micromys
01 Sep 2014, 22:56
On the flipside, there are people who will torrent it, love it and then decide to buy it. I know that's happened to me plenty of times -- it happened with Megamind, for instance. The trailers looked terrible to me, and if I hadn't had access to a torrent, I would have never found out how much I enjoyed it and then bought it for myself (and badgered other people into buying it).
Yeah, I mentioned the trial thing before, happens with a lot of games too. Sometimes this kind of try before buying actually gets more purchases.
In other side, if i dont 'torrent' it, i won't be like this now. I will never know about this awesome movie and join this awesome fandom!

Just ignore what i said :P

Pikey
Wow!

dragons_ind
02 Sep 2014, 12:06
In other way, buying the dvd will give me not just the movie, but plus the upcoming shorts and other features :) . So having physical copy will give me big advantage.
I don't know if the DVD comes with all the features like the Blu-Ray or digital, I was asking earlier if the torrent had anything else because I would buy the digital version alongside it if the features were worth the extra money. I would buy the Blu-Ray overall if I could use the discs. :/