Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Time gap between the final battle and epilogue?
Topic Started: 17 Sep 2014, 13:20 (3282 Views)
TheEleventhViking
Terrible Terror

Just to add in something here ;)

- The vikings were known as very fast builders, and when they started a project they probably built as long as the sun was up. Also they were quite skillfull carvers and when everyone pitched in they could raise monuments quickly. The viking were also known to share the labour, and help each other. And seeing that there is stil huge bits of ice on Berk, I would estimate that the epilogue is about 1 month after the final battle.

- and by the way the vikings did actually have soap, and they bathed every saturday (The official bathing day) :P
ChinesischSchluckauf
16 Sep 2014, 06:20
Also, considering they had no soap, Hiccup managed to wash the ash off his forehead.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

RealHousewifeofBerk
"You don't know this yet, but people need you."
<3

TheEleventhViking
17 Sep 2014, 17:20

- The vikings were known as very fast builders, and when they started a project they probably built as long as the sun was up. Also they were quite skillfull carvers and when everyone pitched in they could raise monuments quickly. The viking were also known to share the labour, and help each other. And seeing that there is stil huge bits of ice on Berk, I would estimate that the epilogue is about 1 month after the final battle.

- and by the way the vikings did actually have soap, and they bathed every saturday (The official bathing day) :P
ChinesischSchluckauf
Also, considering they had no soap, Hiccup managed to wash the ash off his forehead.
I could be wrong, but wasn't the soap at that time made of animal fat, which would probably cause bad acne? ^) Sorry if this isn't right. I'm not a historian, nor a dermatologist. :(

My other fandoms summed up in gifs:

"You have the heart of a Hiro and the soul of a Tadashi."

dragons_ind
My avatar just got 20% Cooler

Pikey
16 Sep 2014, 17:15
Exactly! I'd say a couple hours, give or take, for the statue, the Stoick and Skullcrusher picture, and to set up the Dragon Race. Oh and in that time they're already in the proceedings of the race too. 8)

Fast is an understatement for these guys.
For the Stoick and Skullcrusher picture, it's been there since the beginning of the movie. So it's all back to the statue

Ninety-nine buckets of fireworms on the wall, ninety-nine buckets of worms! Take one down, pass it around, you got ninety-eight buckets of fireworms on the wall....................... Forty-one buckets of fireworms on the wall, forty-one buckets of worms! Take one down, pass it around, you got forty buckets of fireworms on the wall..........- one bucket of worms! Take one down, pass it around, you got zero buckets of fireworms on the waaaaaaaaaallllllllllllll.

TheEleventhViking
Terrible Terror

RealHousewifeofBerk
18 Sep 2014, 12:44
TheEleventhViking
17 Sep 2014, 17:20

ChinesischSchluckauf
I could be wrong, but wasn't the soap at that time made of animal fat, which would probably cause bad acne? ^) Sorry if this isn't right. I'm not a historian, nor a dermatologist. :(
That may be, I`m not quite sure myself :P but I think they used zap, and some herbes... But they may have used animal fat aswell

Pikey
Wow!

dragons_ind
18 Sep 2014, 13:49
Pikey
16 Sep 2014, 17:15
Exactly! I'd say a couple hours, give or take, for the statue, the Stoick and Skullcrusher picture, and to set up the Dragon Race. Oh and in that time they're already in the proceedings of the race too. 8)

Fast is an understatement for these guys.
For the Stoick and Skullcrusher picture, it's been there since the beginning of the movie. So it's all back to the statue
Even with the picture out of the picture, I'd imagine however fast they did it, it would be faster than we'd expect. There are quite a lot of them and they've got stuff build real quick in the past. ;)

Tessem7
Dragon Trainer

Honestly, I think the epilogue was set at most a few weeks after the battle and not months or years. Houses were still being rebuilt and that would be the first thing they would try to rebuild and that really shouldn't take months. Also, the feel of Hiccup's speech sounds like something he would say shortly after the battle.

The statue is the one exception. That would normally take many months or years, but I think it's just one of those things you can put in because HTTYD is an animated series.
"Thank you for summing that up."

Lastandir
Gronckle

One problem for me. Scene with Valka and Gobber, who are pulling armor with dragons, sais that should be 1 or 2 days after battle...
By the way: Stoicks statues are there where old vikings statues were.
Before:

After:

Pikey
Wow!

Going from months to days; that is quite fast indeed. 8)