Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
The best moments from the soundtrack
Topic Started: 20 Sep 2014, 16:56 (4045 Views)
Night fury fire

[b]
[color=blue]We're fangirls! It's an occupational hazard...
[/color]
[/b]

For me the soundtrack makes a huge impact on the movie itself. Lets discus this!

First of all, I love the way that Powell combined elements from the first soundtrack, yet also created something entirely new. I especially like that combination in "dragon racing" and "battle of the bewilderbeast"

One of my favorites is "flying with mother" it's the most fun one in the soundtrack. As was the scene in the film. When I first heard it, I felt it was kind of odd with all the opera singing, but now I love it :D I really like the end of it, where you think "oh no something's going wrong" but then it's like "false alarm" :P

Even though I love flying with mother, the one that gives me goose bumps every time is "toothless found". Building up to toothless being snapped out of the trance, I really love the violins in the background, which feels as if there is a sense of danger. But when hiccup rescues him, the amazing soundtrack combined with the beautiful scene made my tear ducts explode on several occasions.

Powell did so well with the soundtrack, that I often skip "stoick saves hiccup" and "stoicks ship" because I feel like I'm going to cry. And "hiccup confronts Drago" actually scares me at some point :blink:

But what moments are your favourite?
^_^ ;) :D :$ :P 8) :'( :( ^) :O :blink: >:( <3 <- me seeing httyd 2
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Pikey
Wow!

There's a lot of that really is impressive, and I did like the mixing done to the first soundtrack to bring it in. I personally prefer the more impacting parts of the soundtrack, less the inbetween. Stuff like Dragon Racing and others are good because I like the mixes of mood, sometimes a really powerful, fast paced setting to remind you of good times, and the less powerful parts used to accompany the sadder scenes. He really does a good job for all scenarios it seems. :)

Night fury fire

[b]
[color=blue]We're fangirls! It's an occupational hazard...
[/color]
[/b]

Pikey
20 Sep 2014, 21:04
There's a lot of that really is impressive, and I did like the mixing done to the first soundtrack to bring it in. I personally prefer the more impacting parts of the soundtrack, less the inbetween. Stuff like Dragon Racing and others are good because I like the mixes of mood, sometimes a really powerful, fast paced setting to remind you of good times, and the less powerful parts used to accompany the sadder scenes. He really does a good job for all scenarios it seems. :)
Yeah, I do love the fast paced ones. But there nothing compared to toothless found (and the ending of two new alphas :blink: )
^_^ ;) :D :$ :P 8) :'( :( ^) :O :blink: >:( <3 <- me seeing httyd 2

RealHousewifeofBerk
"You don't know this yet, but people need you."
<3

I love them all, but Stoick saves Hiccup is the one that gives me the most chills, especially that build-up to the point where Hiccup shoots his arrow. :'(
My other fandoms summed up in gifs:

"You have the heart of a Hiro and the soul of a Tadashi."

Pikey
Wow!

RealHousewifeofBerk
20 Sep 2014, 21:34
I love them all, but Stoick saves Hiccup is the one that gives me the most chills, especially that build-up to the point where Hiccup shoots his arrow. :'(
That's exactly the kind of stuff I'm on about, the way it accompanies the scenes so well to remind us of the feels is really awesome.

Whitefang
twelve days north of hopeless

I love how "Hiccup Confronts Drago" gradually gets quicker and more suspenseful as Toothless approaches Hiccup in the film. Gives me chills every time.
Find me on tumblr and deviantart!
I have been here an embarrassingly long time

8)

dragons_ind
My avatar just got 20% Cooler

Instead of list and explain my best moments, i'll review it all, one by one.
Here you go. Long post
Ninety-nine buckets of fireworms on the wall, ninety-nine buckets of worms! Take one down, pass it around, you got ninety-eight buckets of fireworms on the wall....................... Forty-one buckets of fireworms on the wall, forty-one buckets of worms! Take one down, pass it around, you got forty buckets of fireworms on the wall..........- one bucket of worms! Take one down, pass it around, you got zero buckets of fireworms on the waaaaaaaaaallllllllllllll.

HideousZippleback

[color=blue]I'm just here for Snotlout.
[/color]

Hem hem. 2:12

gmarvin112
Member Avatar
Hatchling

I know it's the obvious choice, but "Stoick's Ship" is probably the track that has the biggest impact. It's not the best (though still amazing), but when it comes to emotional resonance, it tops the rest. I especially love the slow rendition of "Test Drive" at the end of the track. Gives it a hopeful kind of feeling. I really hope John Powell gets another Oscar nomination for this score. In my opinion, it's better than the first, which should have won over "The Social Network" back in 2011.

hcsp1
My only master is the free wind

My favorite track is probably "Toothless Found". It matched the scene perfectly and is also really epic when you listen to it on it's own. I also like "Two New Alphas" a lot for the same reasons.

The soundtrack in itself is amazing and every track has its amazing moments but these 2 are the ones that move me every time I listen to them.

Also, "Where No One Goes" is great for jogging.